bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Magicville: Art of Magic

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 15, 10 12:05 AM
In the shadow of Spellgarth Castle lies the sleepy hamlet of Magicville in the heart of the Fogmere Archipelago. Long banished from Fogmere for the practice of dark magic, an evil wizard now holds the kingdom under a reign of darkness. With the help of Tiana, the faerie queen, only Eldric can restore peace to this troubled land. Use your Match 3 skills as you journey across extraordinary lands and release Fogmere from its evil rule before it's too late in Magicville: Art of Magic.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 10:20:37 AM PST

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Magicville: Art of Magic

[Post New]by FunIt on May 15, 10 1:12 AM
Game won't play. As soon as I enter my name the game freezes and I get a Windows XP message: EXEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

And no, my drivers aren't outdated, went through to whole udate routine for "Little Noir Stories" and will definitely not do it again now.

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on May 15, 10 1:18 AM
Me too, same problem!

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on May 15, 10 1:29 AM
My original comment had to do with the first mini game. Since I can't delete a posted comment, I had to write something. I purchased the game, although I'm not happy about the lack of direction in the first mini. It can easily be misconstrued as a technical issue.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 4:08:24 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 15, 10 8:29 AM
FunIt wrote:Game won't play. As soon as I enter my name the game freezes and I get a Windows XP message: EXEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

And no, my drivers aren't outdated, went through to whole udate routine for "Little Noir Stories" and will definitely not do it again now.

I have the same problem! Its definetely the game because so many have this problem and my system is uptodate

brech
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by brech on May 16, 10 2:10 AM
a lot of people having the same problem as me, game won't start .
But where can I find an answer to play the game!!!!!!

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 16, 10 7:52 AM
brech wrote:a lot of people having the same problem as me, game won't start .

Hi Brech,

bfgTigris posted in the Magicville technical forum (first page, last post) to say the issue is being investigated. I'm the programmer for Magicville: Art of Magic and I'm working on the problem right now which appears to only affect non-English operating systems.

I know its frustrating when stuff doesn't work but your patience and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Dave
DesktopGaming (speaking for myself)

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 17, 10 1:41 PM
Well, I for one like this game. I had a little trouble with one of the minis and came here looking for help and saw how much trouble everyone else was having and almost deleted the demo ,BUT, I went back and figured out the mini and have used up all the time on the demo. NOW, I am on my way to BUY the game. I'm sorry so many are having problems with this game. I like just about everything about it and am not bothered by the extra FEW seconds it takes each scene to load! If you like a laid back game with a choice of how to play (timed or untimed) I think you will enjoy it.
I am running XP and had no trouble loading or playing the demo! The graphics are great, the music is great and the only con I found is that you have to figure some things out for yourself. But that can be half the fun.

brech
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by brech on Jun 3, 10 8:09 AM
desktopgaming wrote:
brech wrote:a lot of people having the same problem as me, game won't start .

Hi Brech,

bfgTigris posted in the Magicville technical forum (first page, last post) to say the issue is being investigated. I'm the programmer for Magicville: Art of Magic and I'm working on the problem right now which appears to only affect non-English operating systems.

I know its frustrating when stuff doesn't work but your patience and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Dave
DesktopGaming (speaking for myself)

brech
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by brech on Jun 3, 10 8:11 AM
I un installed the game and re install but still nothing is happening!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 3, 10 12:27 PM
Hi Brech

An update that fixes the "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" problem has been around for a while now. You need to uninstall, then download the new version.

Check out the thread titled "New version available for Magicville: Art of Magic" for more info!

brech
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by brech on Jun 5, 10 6:40 AM
I still cant play the game, after reinstalling now the screen turns into black.

JohnMcE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by JohnMcE on Jun 5, 10 7:01 AM
I too couldn't get the game to re-start after quitting. But using Task Manager I realised that although I quit the game two Big Fish-related items are still running, and if you cancel those, you can then re-start the game.

However... I am stuck at Amin's House. He wants a golden yellow flower, but the only two items I have in my inventory at this point are a prayer wheel and a knife. He won't accept either of these, and I can't get the prayer wheel spinning, so can't see how I can get past this point. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 6, 10 1:25 PM
Hi John

I don't know the ins and out of the game manager so I'll leave that for somebody who knows to answer. However one thing's for sure - you should be carrying more than two items by the time you reach Amin's house (including a yellow flower) so I'd suggest that something, somehow, has corrupted your saved game and from the two items you have, its happened between Amin's house and the four levels prior to it.

Unfortunately it isn't possible to recover that type of data so your only course of action would be to restart. Before you do, click on "credits" from the game menu and check which version you have - if it isn't 1.05.3 then you should upgrade as the latest revision has a skip button as an added feature plus some minor bug fixes and suchlike. The skip button will at least allow you to fairly quickly get back to where you were.

Dave
DesktopGaming

JohnMcE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by JohnMcE on Jun 7, 10 2:50 AM
You know I THOUGHT I had more items than that in my inventory prior to Amin's house - and it explains why I can't get past that screen. I have now started the "non-adventure" version instead and am up to level 13. Only seen three-in-a-row puzzles so far, but they are highly addictive.

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 2:51:24 AM PST

Go to: