bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 15, 10 1:07 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny

[Post New]by carolinacat on May 15, 10 5:20 AM
I like the game. The colors are bright and the graphics are lovely. It's take a bit to figure out how the gameplay goes and all about finding things but once you do, then you're all set.

I liked having it untimed, too. But I don't want to buy a game that's too short and I read a review about it being a short game. If it was longer, I would spend money on it.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on May 15, 10 5:46 AM
This seems to be a pleasant little game with clear graphics and nice music. The interactive puzzles are slightly unusual and sometimes a challenge to figure out. I often had to move cursor slowly around the scene until the hand signal appeared in order to find both the item to pick up and the place where the item needed to be used. The string puzzle was unique in that you couldn't move the pegs just anywhere on the screen but had to put them in one of the designated holders in the circle. The inset scenes where you had to find items according to their shapes somehow added to the depth of the game for me. Overall enjoyed the game, but I'm afraid it's quite short -- I got through nearly half of it during the demo. Not sure if I'll buy it or not, but there's been such a drought of good games lately that I'm tempted. Would rate this:

zoohouse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zoohouse on May 15, 10 6:26 AM
I agree with the other comments. A simple but enjoyable game, but wouldn't take very long to complete. I made it thru 4 chapters in the hour, so wouldn't be worth the credit for me.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on May 15, 10 6:55 AM
Wow that was short. One mini game short of finishing chapter 5 of 7. Too bad.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on May 15, 10 7:00 AM
I was all set to buy this but now I'm wary if it's a short game. It's got more imagination and variety than a lot of recent games I've tried, and I really enjoyed the demo. The hidden object scenes are challenging without being impossible, and I also loved the twist on the string game. I enjoy looking for inventory items across different screens and there's no trekking backwards and forwards. I got to the start of Chapter 4 on the demo so roughly 20 minutes a level. I'll check to see how many levels there are and then make my final decision. I would like to buy it, but short games annoy me.

Edited to add: Seems it's seven or eight chapters, so on past form it'd take under three hours to complete. Sadly I think I'll pass.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 7:14:02 AM PST

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on May 15, 10 7:45 AM
Wow that was short. One mini game short of finishing chapter 5 of 7. Too bad.

That was short, indeed.

I'll download and play the demo. Will see how far I go within the hour.

Thanks all for the excellent reviews.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 15, 10 8:26 AM
Okay hog - the graphic is very clear, objects are easy to see (no tiny objects), story is somewhat interesting. I am not sure if to buying because of the short length (only 2 hours depends on the walkthrough) and the game touch me not enough

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on May 15, 10 9:08 AM
Liked this game a lot but too short. Not worth the buy in the end but good fun while it lasted.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on May 15, 10 10:15 AM
Wish I had come to the forum for the comment's before I bought this game. Way to short and I would not have bought it.Guess that teach's me. Nice game and I did enjoy playing it, but again I would have just played the demo and saved my money.

[Post New]by carolsansone on May 15, 10 10:25 AM
I hope the day is coming, when the hog developer uses a little logic. I'm playing the trial and, so far, I haven't found a thing that is logical with advancing to the game. I tried to pick up the hammer to pry nails from the barrel top, but couldn't put it in the inventory, so that, when I picked up the barrel, the hammer wouldn't disappear. Also, I must have gone blind, because I couldn't find a single butterfly in the cave; were supposed to be 8. I'm going to take the game off and try something else.

An awful thought just hit me; what if I'm HOG challenged?!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 15, 10 10:42 AM

[Post New]by iidobbs on May 15, 10 11:28 AM
not bad just too short

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 15, 10 11:30 AM
I'm not so much HOG challenged as HOG wild!!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 15, 10 12:29 PM
I just played the trial of this. I got to the last puzzle in chapter 4. Very enjoyable game and even though it is short, I'll probably buy it.

I like the puzzles I've encountered so far, not to difficult cept for the one I was on....so far anyway. Graphics are nice and I'm interested in the storyline.

I'm mindful of the fact that since most all portals offer low priced games that developers don't have as much income to work with. For the price, I believe a pleasant game with nice graphics is worth the credit, or $7. Of course I still like the longer ones too, don't get me wrong. I actually prefer a game to be minimum of 2 1/2 hours....I just try not to get hints to drag them out longer.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Irritated!

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on May 15, 10 12:32 PM
Apparently you must completely finish every area (jungle, beach, cave, etc.) before moving on to one of the others, or you lose all the items you already found if you back out. In most multi-area games, if you can't find an item you can go on to another room and come back later--which I prefer to do rather than using a hint.

For example, in the jungle I did the crown mini-puzzle to find the clothespin, which went into inventory, and I got the pliers for the inventory. I could not spot my last item, and knew I would have to come back when I got a machete from elsewhere, so I backed out of the jungle to use the items I did collect in other areas. But the items disappeared from my inventory! So I went back in only to discover that I had to start all over to find all the items I'd already collected. This time I collected everything, used a hint for the one I couldn't find, then tried to click on the crown area so I could re-do that mini and get the clothespin--but the area is no longer active! There is no way to complete the area now. And if I leave without it, everything will disappear again. It's not that I don't know what I need to solve all the little puzzles, I just can't proceed now. Anybody else having this problem?

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 15, 10 12:34 PM
Can someone explain the punch card to me. When I go to buy a game I am still required to pay for it even though I was told in an email I have punch card credit. Sorry to seem so dense but I don't get it.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 15, 10 12:42 PM
Angel,

If you have an email that says Punch Card Update it's telling you you've bought x number of games and earned a free game. The game coupons are issued the beginning of the next month. So this months game purchases will be awarded how ever many game coupons you've earned, the first week of June. It will say here is your Punch Card Reward when you get that email and it will have the coupon code(s) in that email.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 15, 10 2:50 PM
I got through all but the last chapter of this game in my demo time.

I probably could have finished the whole game if there had been a skip for all the story stuff, especially the beginning.

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on May 15, 10 3:33 PM
well I'm like everyone else, i liked the game alot but made it thru till almost the end in the hour. Its a nice easy game with nice graphics but way to short for 6.99
it goes on the 2.99 daily or catch of the week list for me

Go to: