bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Magicville: Art of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 15, 10 1:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Magicville: Art of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by onetoomany on May 15, 10 1:34 AM
UPDATE: I deleted the original comment. Technically the game is working fine on my computer now. The lack of ANY direction in the first mini game could be misconstrued as a technical issue.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 4:13:44 AM PST

[Post New]by sondralw on May 15, 10 1:45 AM
I only got as far as entering my name, before I got a failure message. "Access violation" Another informative error message from Microsoft.

I have since restarted my computer, restarted the game and still got no further that typing in my name and the clicking 'OK'. The same failure message comes up again.

Name: Sondra

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 12:31:17 PM PST

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lidybel on May 15, 10 1:55 AM
Same here.Access violation.

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on May 15, 10 3:06 AM
I also don't get any further then typing my name, but I can't even click the ok button. When I give an enter the game just shuts down, no error message of any sort.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 15, 10 3:42 AM
Window comes up with "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" when hitting OK after typing my name. OS = WIN XP HE SP 3.

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 15, 10 6:54 AM
You guys that are having trouble entering your name - are you all on XP SP3?

Are you using an English Operating System?

Please provide as much system info as you can so that I can look into the issue!

[edit] Also, what do you type as your name? Currently trying to reproduce the error on an XP SP3 system...

Dave
DesktopGaming

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 7:19:31 AM PST

[Post New]by match3lover on May 15, 10 7:42 AM
XP Pro SP3 - from the UK so probably using an English operating system. No problem with the game except the first mini game doesn't appear to work.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 15, 10 8:00 AM
I guess not an English OS, but German; my computer comes up with German every time it can. Can I look that up somewhere?
Was trying to use DD as user name.

Thanks Dave!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 15, 10 8:34 AM
I have the same problem - I tipp my name and after that the game shut down: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
I use Windows Vista and have a Medion laptop (german system, Intel Core Duo 2). Please help, I want to play this game, it looks very good depending on the screenhots.

Its not a problem from my firewall and I have all updates on my system (graphiccard etc., I have downloaded all new stuff last week)

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 9:26:37 AM PST

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on May 15, 10 8:40 AM
XP Home Edition SP3, German System

I'm typing "Beate" as player name.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on May 15, 10 8:54 AM
I have the same problem Windows Vista swedish version.
I used my name Anki as player.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 8:55:11 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 15, 10 9:23 AM
Hi fishies,

Access Violation errors can occur for different reasons. Sometimes it's due to firewall settings and sometimes it's because your computer may need some updates. Here is a link to our help article with more information.

Access Violation

If you have tried the steps and are still having trouble, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 15, 10 9:45 AM
Aha... that's interesting. Everyone with problems has non-English operating systems!

Aside from what bgfTigris said, I've just identified a potential issue whereby the game will crash with the given error *if* it tries to display non-standard characters.

Now, the game is set to only accept a pre-defined range of characters (Specifically, upper and lower case A-Z, numbers, -, _ and period characters, so ordinarily there is no way for this to happen but on a non-English OS... maybe? I don't have a German/Swedish OS to test on right now.

I will look into the issue as a matter of urgency - in the meantime, try entering your name as numbers 0-9 only. These should be the same across any language OS - I know its not ideal but that might at least get you into the game for now.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oh - and thanks for the information - its extremely helpful!

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 9:47:20 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 15, 10 10:10 AM
try entering your name as numbers 0-9 only. These should be the same across any language OS - I know its not ideal but that might at least get you into the game for now.

LOL! oh, I could live with playing as 007, but that wasn't it, unfortunately. I tried several combinations up to 6 numbers, on the keyboard and on the notepad on the right side, still the same EXCEPTION...-message and the return to Game Manager.

I will look into the issue as a matter of urgency
yes please and thanks again for that!

Muam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Muam on May 15, 10 10:32 AM
Still error message for me, im so happy i didnt buy this..

[Post New]by desktopgaming on May 15, 10 10:39 AM
I think I'll have to find a German copy of Windows to check this on...

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 15, 10 11:15 AM
Can't even get it to open, when I try to launch it from game manager, it says it's already open, even though nothing is.

I've rebooted twice and now I can't even trash can the demo.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 15, 10 11:34 AM
I can't get the game to uninstall at all. And, I can't play any other game because it says Magicville is playing, which it isn't because I couldn't even open the stupid game to play in the first place.

Any ideas how to get rid of it? I've tried uninstall from C: drive and everything. GRRRRRRR.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 15, 10 2:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback! We currently looking into the Access Violation error and will let you know if or when there are any updates!

Thank you for your patience,

bfgTigris

Go to: