TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Is anyone else getting glitches in this game?

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 24, 08 12:05 AM
I was stuck in the second chapter. I had put the bottle in the box and then nothing happened. Finally in desperation, I checked a walkthrough, The glue for the antlers is supposed to show up automatically but this hasn't happened.

I deleted the game a downloaded it again, same thing. This is one that I really want to buy but not if I can't get past the second chapter. This is so frustrating. Any suggestions?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Is anyone else getting glitches in this game?

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 24, 08 12:32 AM
TimeKilla, so sorry you're having this problem. The glue turned up automatically for me so I didn't have this issue. Maybe you could uninstall and download again...but this time start as a new player with a different name. Good Luck

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 24, 08 12:44 AM
TimeKilla,

I had a similar situation but I ran the cursor around the screen, mostly to the upper right hand corner and the glue showed up.
It really is worth a couple of downloads and reinstalls.
I've played it through three times now.
Good luck!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 24, 08 7:03 AM
I agree with Catrin- I know it sucks, but try installing one more time and if that does not fix the issue- contact tech support. This game is worth the effort.

[Post New]by westvirginiawife on Oct 24, 08 7:28 AM
I am having trouble when you get to a maze where you are supposed to lay cheese down to direct a mouse to the end. You can't pick up the cheese by left-clicking or right-clicking either one. Re-downloading doesn't help. I did not have any problems with the glue showing up, though.

Edited on 10/24/2008 at 7:28:44 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 24, 08 7:41 AM
westvirginiawife wrote:I am having trouble when you get to a maze where you are supposed to lay cheese down to direct a mouse to the end. You can't pick up the cheese by left-clicking or right-clicking either one. Re-downloading doesn't help. I did not have any problems with the glue showing up, though.

It may be something minor, like updating your video card drivers. I would contact tech support on that issue.

bellefrey
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by bellefrey on Oct 24, 08 7:44 AM
I couldn't pick up the cheese once i placed it... if I had to try again I had to hit the restart/retry button. I thought that was just part of the game? Or were you having problems placing the cheese in the first place?

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Oct 24, 08 8:12 AM
my problem is when I am playing it shuts my comp down, for some unknown reason, so I have to reboot , this has happened serveral times any ideas?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 24, 08 9:16 AM
mummypops wrote:my problem is when I am playing it shuts my comp down, for some unknown reason, so I have to reboot , this has happened serveral times any ideas?

thats a tech issue- you know what you have to do -------------->>>>>

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 24, 08 1:36 PM
Thanks for the help. I beta'd this game when it came out and I am now wondering if that had something to do with it. I've deleted it, looked for all related files on my computer and will re-install. Fingers crossed that will work.

If not, well at least BFG has the best tech support.

And the best games, have we HO fans been lucky this month or what!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 24, 08 6:16 PM
Has anyone had trouble knocking the eight items off the horse in Chapter 8? I have everything off except the wing at the chest area and no matter what I do with the hammer in that area, it won't come off. I have the hammer and the green stone in my inventory. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it was a glitch, it wasn't. I hate to start all over because I am just two chapters away from finishing.

[Post New]by vern12 on Oct 24, 08 7:41 PM
does any one have the answer to the part where you take the hammer and the stone after you do the part with the horse , what do you do with them i have tried everything and i can't get any thing to work.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Oct 24, 08 7:50 PM
I was having the same problem until I read a hint in another thread: instead of trying to aim the hammer at the part, actually click the cursor on each part, and it will work.

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Oct 26, 08 4:24 PM
I didn't get the matches in chapter 5 boiler room when I placed the gray mitt next to the other one.

[Post New]by Vansponge on Oct 27, 08 5:39 AM
kwhel wrote:I didn't get the matches in chapter 5 boiler room when I placed the gray mitt next to the other one.

I DIDN'T GET THE MATCHES EITHER SO I STARTED THE GAME OVER UNDER ANOTHER NAME. HOPE THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT SHOW UP AGAIN. LOVE ALL OF MY BF GAMES. THIS GAME IS FUN AND SOMEWHAT CHALLENGING. IF THE PROBLEMS CONTINUES, I AM GOING TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL.

[Post New]by janinabeans on Oct 27, 08 6:44 AM
I am having problems removing two things off of the horse sculpture and giving the artist the amulet. I am almost through with the game but don't know what more I can do. What do we do if a game is not cooperating?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 12:41 PM
janinabeans wrote:Actually, there are 8 things to remove off of the horse i can only remove 6. the hammer does not do anything more. i have a piece of stone that i am supposed to give the artist but it won't happen. i understand there is a mini game to play here somewhere but even that won't show up. everything else in the artists' room is done except getting these last two pieces off the horse and giving the artist the stone or mineral.

Make sure your cursor is on the bit you want to remove when you click- not the hammer

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 7:02 AM
janinabeans wrote:Dolphin, I have had that hammer all over the place and two things just won't be removed. I have hammered until rainbow orbs appear, I suppose to tell me that I am clicking too much. No, there is something definitely wrong here. But thanks anyway!

Sorry I could not help you. Have you tried Tech support? They are very helpful.

jim14bl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jim14bl on Oct 28, 08 7:24 AM
I know how to move the cheese but I run out of cheese before I can get the mouse to the end has anyone figured this one out yet?
I sure could use some help with this.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Oct 28, 08 8:12 PM
Already sent to support ,got all the way to the mosaiic board and know the correct picture format,the game froze with error Acess Violation .darn was really enjoying this game hardly used any hints.darn darn darn.don`t want to go through 3/4 way again to see if it was just this download all other games are fine .my driver is updated.and sent the DX diag as well.just to let anyone with this problem know.

Go to: