3 Christmas Lights
4 Christmas Star
5 Christmas Wreath
6 Festive Garland
7 Fir Cone
8 Holiday Wand
9 Santa Hat
10 Tree Trimming

So, over the course of the event, you can expect to receive 1 holiday wand for every 10 hidden object scenes you play.

Unless you can play a prodigious amount of scenes, you are going to need to make trades with the children or spend some diamonds to get the wands you need.

Maybe there will be a sale on holiday wands, same as there was for the ghost traps (1 diamond for 1 holiday wand). Maybe not.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Drop rate for holiday wands

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 15, 17 7:38 PM
Hmmm.....Perhaps that's why BF gave us 10 free pink boxes and 10 wands early on.

MagentaRose
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MagentaRose on Dec 15, 17 8:00 PM
That means, many of us will be suffering RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) of the fingers over Christmas.

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Dec 15, 17 8:03 PM
That is good information to have. Does the pink gift box drop one in ten also? I have quite a few right now but am scared to give them away and end up with a low total and hurt my chances of getting more.

Thank you for always having the info we need. It really helps in planning a strategy.

Boo

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 15, 17 8:20 PM
BooBoo9339 wrote:That is good information to have. Does the pink gift box drop one in ten also? I have quite a few right now but am scared to give them away and end up with a low total and hurt my chances of getting more.

Thank you for always having the info we need. It really helps in planning a strategy.

Boo

No, the pink boxes drop approximately 1 in every 38 HOS. How many you have does not effect how many you get.

I tracked my drop rate for almost the entire year, started with zero boxes. It fluctuated from day to day, but every time I took an average, it was in the 1 to 38 ball park.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 15, 17 8:49 PM
Unfortunately or fortunately the closer you get to completing some of the task....like snow globes and the new Trees, Snowmen, & Socks.....Since I have completed them and it wasn't easy.....wands are showing up a lot.!!!.....so I would say if you don't need they show up.....if you do it's a mixed batch....

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 15, 17 9:06 PM
That's about the drop rate I'm getting. Just did 280 HOS and got 24 wands.

But every HOS drops ornaments. 7 ornaments = another wand if you trade with kids. That would be 1 wand every 7 HOS in addition to the extra wand for every 10 or an equivalent of approximately 5 wands for every 20 HOS (give or take).

Completing a Daily Quest often has wands in the chest. Usually I get between 2 or 3 (as many as 4) in a chest. Figuring an average of 2 wands in a chest for a DQ wanting 9 ornaments. That's a wand for every 4.5 ornaments/HOS.

That may sound confusing but it's not as bad as it seems depending on your point of view.

It is definitely worth doing the ornament DQ's. Especially if you get 2 or more wands from the chest.

Go to: