smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

How do you do it - visiting friends Christmas rooms

[Post New]by smartsquid on Dec 15, 17 7:07 PM
Probably a bad title - I don't literally mean how you access them, but how you keep going? I only have about 45 friends, some of whom have not opened the 2nd Christmas room, but find it mind-blowing trying to work through all the HOS, despite the gain in coins and the ability to leave gifts. Don't get me wrong - it is a great addition and beautifully crafted - it's just I am in awe of people who have the patience & tenacity to go through each friend's room (particularly those who have significantly more friends than I do). Even doing 5 and then moving back to the main game for a while - I seem to get my apples & pineapples, candy & candy canes and melons & lemons mixed up - maybe I am losing the ability to read!

Best wishes to all for Christmas and congratulations to those who will gather a lot of coins from this - I had grand plans but ....

Re:How do you do it - visiting friends Christmas rooms

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Dec 15, 17 7:18 PM
Someone said they just did one of the scenes at a time. That way you don't have to remember where everything is in all 3 scenes. Try it that way and see if it's easier.

ptdreamers
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ptdreamers on Dec 15, 17 9:15 PM
I found it goes much faster if I just do the xmas tree and the table. It takes too long to do the mantel.

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Dec 15, 17 9:33 PM
[i]I found it goes much faster if I just do the xmas tree and the table. It takes too long to do the mantel.

Agreed and also with previous post - maybe try to stick to one HOS and then come back but, still kind of find that double-vision (or boredom) sets in. As a good Scot, I should be motivated by increased coin - maybe that's the angle I should take.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Dec 15, 17 10:53 PM
I've found myself asking the same thing.
I have 2 games, PC and iPad.
about 100 friends on each.
When I go in the rooms, I do each scene.
Regular friends get gifted. Then I do the HOSs
Then move on to another random one.. gift, do the HOSs
and then repeat.. until I tell myself.. ok, just one more.. then one more. then
I have to stop because I really need to take the dog out because she staring at me with her legs crossed...

This new Christmas is so much fun! For me.. not my family so much. I guess I can't wait until the new restaurant starts delivery!

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Dec 15, 17 11:07 PM
Now that I have all 3 pets, I am not motivated to do the Christmas room HOS. I'll continue do do a few here & there so that I have a small supply of items to gift to friends. If I were new to game, the 250 coin per HOS might tempt me to continue at least for awhile. But I'm not, and I'd much rather have DQ items.

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

[Post New]by El62 on Dec 16, 17 10:42 AM
I do about twenty a day, writing down where I stopped, so I can gift everyone.
and doing the challenges and trying to get the snowmen,trees and stockings keeps me busy , not to mention real life

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Dec 16, 17 11:10 AM
I'm really enjoying the Christmas Room shuffle now that I figured out a rhythm. I do have quite a few friends and visiting each is a daily task.

I do the gift bag and table HOs for each friend

Then, go back and do just the tree HOs

Then finish up with the mantle HOs for each unless I run out of energy or the game resets a new day. Taking a break between my 3 "sets" has also helped tremendously.

Enjoy your castle,

RBsMom

How do you do it - visiting friends Christmas rooms

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 16, 17 11:43 AM
smartsquid wrote:I seem to get my apples & pineapples, candy & candy canes and melons & lemons mixed up - maybe I am losing the ability to read!

Oh my goodness, if I could only tell you how many times I've clicked on apple for pineapple, or candy for candycane, or visa versa...it's like my eyes only pick up a fraction of the word. LOL

As for the Christmas Rooms, I go in and click on the butterflies. In the beginning, I just tapped them gently...now I poke them for all they're worth! Do each Christmas HOS, leave gifts, then continue on.

I was so dizzy from playing all the Christmas HOSs I actually felt some motion sickness and had to give it a rest. Now I try to trick myself. Sometimes I scroll my friendslist so a whole new group shows; then sometimes I only let 3 or 4 show. Last night, I kept saying "Okay, play 5 more then I'll stop." Then "Okay, only play 4 more, then quit." I kept doing this until I had finished them all.

Have to play the Christmas scenes for the moola...so I'll play to the end or die trying! LOL

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Dec 16, 17 12:51 PM
After the first marathon day, I divided my friends into 4 groups. So far I have done 1 group with each gifting and rotate where I start each day. That has helped so that I can do DQ'S and the Castle Challenges.

The mantel I manage by looking to see what is active...a bit slower but much less frustrating.

I have one friend who has the old room...have to remember to go there to gift. Each time I hope she has switched.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Dec 17, 17 12:30 AM
I agree the mantle is hard for some reason , so I've stopped doing that one

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Dec 17, 17 12:42 AM
I'm currently working through my entire music collection. It also helps listening to a playlist that lasts for an hour or so, after that I stop because without music, it so repetitive doing the same HOS... ?
Btw, if you take a break, MC has a bad habit of scrambling your friend list.

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Dec 17, 17 1:36 AM
I have 38 friends, 3 have old rooms up and two do not have Christmas rooms at all. Early in the MC game day, I go through the rooms and do all the HOS and leave gifts for about an hour or so until I get tired of them. Then I quickly leave gifts in the rest of the rooms. I do some DQs and puzzles for a while. I may go back to the rooms again once or twice but don't feel compelled to do so since I have all the pets and a good supply of spare parts for gifting. The extra coins are nice, but since I am a millionaire I really don't feel compelled to do the rooms for coins either.

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

[Post New]by El62 on Dec 17, 17 3:52 AM
I decided to "make" my own achievement this morning: hope to reach the 5 mil. mark before the event is over.
I do a lot of Hosses to get stuff to trade for wands to get the snowmen etc, and doing that in the xmasrooms. so hopefully I get over the 5 mil, to stay over the 5 mil when the next update is issued.
and after I have my snowmen etc I'm going to trade for pink boxes for an extra gifting round. (just a few left at the moment )

MaggieHand
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by MaggieHand on Dec 17, 17 9:28 AM
What a relief, I thought it was just me, the mantle was driving me batty. This year, the like the second Christmas Room with the three HOS scenes. I didn't at first, but when I realized you receive 250 gold coins when you reach the maximum level, for each scene, heck yeah. I too play two games, one on my PC and I-Pad, both under the name !Raggie-TX. I just crafted my final pet, so, I will be giving away the cards, etc. for those that need them.

Merry Christmas.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Dec 17, 17 9:34 AM
I have 52 friends, what I do is

1: gift
2: play all 3 HOS,
3: then move on to the next room, and repeat,

This takes me about 2 1/2 hours, I motivate myself, to try to get it done,
because I have so much to do away from the castle

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Dec 17, 17 9:45 AM
Well, I zone out. It becomes straight memory for me.

I go in and start with John. I tend to save my own room for last. I do all the scenes, grab butterflies when they appear and drop a gift in the bag. It's never really in that order but it works for me. I start the rounds at 7:30 and I'm done 10 before 10. I do take about 10 minute breaks for every hour I'm in the game. If I completely zone out I'm done faster because I miss my breaks. I currently have 70ish (not sure of the number) friends.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 18, 17 1:14 PM
I don't try to do all of my friends' HOS every day. There's too many. What I did was divide the number of pink boxes by the number of days in the challenge. That tells me how many gifts I can leave without running out, so I can gift througout the event. I printed out a list and I mark off the people as I leave a gift and do the HOS. It's a manageable amount to do and it guarantees everyone will get several gifts from me during the event.

I do all three scenes. The mantel is hard, but as I've done it more, it's getting easier. I think it's beautiful, so I enjoy doing it. And I'm not in a hurry. I don't care if it takes longer.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Dec 18, 17 3:35 PM
Mamarose - what an excellent idea! Wish I'd thought of it. Like most people, I'm going to run out of pink boxes and I have been trying to be fair in my gifting to cover everyone but am probably failing miserably at that! As of today's kick-off I will work out how many I have left and take on your approach - that seems a beautiful way of doing it - and less time-consuming & fairer to all Friends. Like you, I also do the mantle (actually quite getting the hang of it & with the exception of the rather creepy elf (who in turn reminds me of the smug child in the puzzles - clearly he is not being nice to me ))

Many thanks for the suggestion and have a great Christmas

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Dec 18, 17 4:26 PM
All,

I go through and drop the Gift Boxes off first. I then go through and do the Christmas HOSs off-and-on throughout the day as I feel like it. I have 65 friends counting John, so I don't always finish the full set.

I'm still trying to do my daily regular round, and now that I've gotten the three unique item achievements, I've really backed off the Christmas HOSs. The first few days, I was going like a fiend trying to make sure that I had enough Wands. Now, while I like the extra coins, I'm just trying to make sure I have enough Wands and decorations to do DQs for Christmas Cards and the CC.

Astra

Go to: