BJ22
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by BJ22 on Nov 5, 13 7:42 PM
Thank you, thank you! I am back playing with no issues. I hope everyone who was working so hard to get this fixed gets some well-deserved sleep!
Cheers from Canada!

[Post New]by henrygigi on Nov 5, 13 9:07 PM
07h00 Morning in South Africa and I still have no access to my Mansion. Same story "Spirits do not sense any Internet connection ......". I have rebooted and still no luck. I see some are back in their Manors. Any suggestions for those of us who are still battling with access?

Nursie23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nursie23 on Nov 5, 13 9:28 PM
Thank you so much! Back in my manor at last! Well done tech guys!! good luck and fingers crossed for all those who aren't back yet. Hoping it won't be too long til we're all playing again xx

Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 5, 13 11:28 PM
Wednesday AM UK I have managed to get back in a few times now but I do have a few problems and I am unsure if it's connected to this problem or another I can collect everything with no problems but when I try the HO games I get thrown off losing energy and if I manage to complete a game when the prizes ate being awarded after my spin the game freezes and I have to come out of the game therefore losing anything I have been awarded,
Please can anyone help with what I should do.
Thank you to all concerned.

[Post New]by Trevett1st on Nov 6, 13 2:01 AM
I am thrilled to be able to play again. Thank you BF! But I too am getting kicked out playing scenes and lose energy every time. Anyone else still having problems?

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Nov 6, 13 5:00 AM
Mayclair, I'm having the same issues as you. So, although I'm back in my game, I'm getting booted out every second play. Loosing energy and not getting the silver and XP from playing the scene. It's happening in the regular scenes as well and sometimes when I go to the gift screen, it freezes and I have to reboot. This was happening before the game was down for 6 days. Wonder if I need to put in a ticket or if this is something BF is working on?

Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 6, 13 7:56 AM
Tysonsnanni I am sorry you are having the same problems as me but a little relieved too because I know it's not just me....
I have asked for help from BFG but it's taking them longer to reply because of all the problems everyone is encountering I suppose it's taking them ages to trawl through.
I will let post on here if I hear anything.

LauraBelle13
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by LauraBelle13 on Nov 6, 13 8:17 AM
Trevett1st wrote:I am thrilled to be able to play again. Thank you BF! But I too am getting kicked out playing scenes and lose energy every time. Anyone else still having problems?

You might try power cycling your device just to make sure it's BF's problem.

Their developers don't seem to handle network issues very well. They need to add some error/exception handling and not just assume it worked and try to access memory that's not been allocated.

Heavensmanor
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Heavensmanor on Nov 6, 13 2:15 PM
I'm having the same problem too being kicked out after 2 plays and losing energy. I contacted CS and it seems the problem is linked to the recent crashing ,they say they are aware some players are affected and working on a fix.

[Post New]by FuturesPerfect on Nov 6, 13 5:29 PM
Still crashing when loading high scores. Not all the time, but still way too frequent for the amount of money I've spent on this game.

[Post New]by buckbkatt on Nov 6, 13 9:31 PM
I've got to give a huge round of applause to Michael at BFG Tech Support in Seattle, WA!! He was able to re-store my lost game data and purchases...words can't express how happy I am right now now I can continue playing where
i left off!! THANK YOU MICHAEL!!!

[Post New]by henrygigi on Nov 7, 13 5:37 AM
Thanks to the BFG technical Team. I am back in my Mansion after having been deprived of my daily Dark Manor fix for ages. Thanks to everyone that worked so hard to get us all back into our Mansions. I hope all are back.

Vicki8590
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vicki8590 on Nov 7, 13 9:56 AM
I logged in and my mansion isn't there, it started me with a whole new game . I can't log in either, it wont let me connect with Facebook!! What's going on??? I'm not starting over.

LauraBelle13
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by LauraBelle13 on Nov 7, 13 10:29 AM
Vicki8590 wrote:I logged in and my mansion isn't there, it started me with a whole new game . I can't log in either, it wont let me connect with Facebook!! What's going on??? I'm not starting over.

Annoyingly, you have to play the "introduction" scenes before you can get to the place where you can log in. I think they should have an immediate option to login. Just keep going to where you can get to the usual manor display and then you can select the gear and login.

[Post New]by Lobochevsky on Nov 8, 13 5:19 AM
I too am having problems with the game quitting in transition to a scene and taking the energy points. It's happened five times now and getting ver annoying. I was thrilled to be back and playing after the previous crashing disaster, but thi is rubbing salt into a still raw wound. Please,BFG, please fix this problem quickly! This is the best game of its type I have found. I don't want to get so angry I delete it and look for something else (but! I confess! I am thinking in this direction. (BTW, does anyone else have a problem with load times getting longer and longer?...I have to quit and restart to get load times to a reasonable level.)

Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 8, 13 5:52 AM
Hello everyone it's Friday afternoon in chilly UK.
I wanted to wait a few days until I was certain normal service had been resumed which, apart from one or two HO scene problems with losing energy and or coins and XP points all seems to be well.
So with that said I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on here not forgetting the BFG gang who got me up and running...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Just watch it will all go wrong again now....lol....

Edited on 11/08/2013 at 7:07:29 AM PST

Creepy_Hollow
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Creepy_Hollow on Nov 8, 13 1:59 PM
I'm crashing and losing energy too but also noticed that when I leveled up my energy didn't go up. I had 2 energy and it should have gone up to 50 but stayed at 2. Not very happy.

deanery4
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by deanery4 on Nov 8, 13 4:37 PM
I am also still having problems with game crashing, taking my energy and not letting me play the scene. Have lost at least 90 energy so far. Seemed to come right for a couple of days, but back to crashing now. Hoping for a fix soon BF.

[Post New]by Usagipantsu on Nov 8, 13 9:28 PM
Sometime in the past several hours, my Achievements have stopped being tallied. When I go to the achievements window, I have two items that say Complete, but when I press the green button, nothing happens (I don't get my gold, and the complete button stays there). Then I noticed that I haven't been credited for the neighbors, attractions, etc that I've added lately. I still get coins and exp points, but no achievements (or gold).....

I'm playing on an iPad. I restarted it, and this didn't help. I also tried running the game on my iPhone, but that didn't fix it either. I imagine I'll get stuck pretty soon if there's no way for me to get gold besides buying it....

Please help!

Thanks,
Maison Vermulou

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on Nov 8, 13 10:34 PM
Love this game but crashing every second time I try to do HOS that uses energy getting the "you have no internet", 2 minute loading screens, crazy lag spikes during HOS scenes that don;t count the click for a few seconds.Not to mention the items for gold that I tried to place and did not have space so pressed the "x" button the price in gold was taken out anyway--not fun and bad business.
CTRL-ALT-DEL seem to have become my good friends while playing and my net was up and running fine.
Playing on a high end gaming comp with all programs and drivers up to date.

Edited on 11/08/2013 at 10:36:04 PM PST

Go to: