lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 28, 14 9:26 AM
i wish they would at least acknowledge that they know there is a problem. They came back after three day weekend and did update in magic castle, which was having no problem and nothing with the manor which is out for so many. I have three notices in and no answer to any. i have done every suggestion that has been put in the forums, even a computer guy here. It is up to DM to fix the problem. PLEASE tell us something.

[Post New]by Sanni__ on May 29, 14 1:20 PM
did they fix it?? on my part it seems they fixed it

well, i changed something on my computer too, so i don't know what exactly solved the problem..IF they finally fixed it: BIG thanks!!

for the other part: i just write what i did so maybe i'm helping somebody with it.

my problem was:
freezing and crashing after visiting friends and/or taking gifts and then opening a scene.

i did:
update my graphics card (update came out just 2 days ago), changing the properties of the darkmanor.exe in the folder to "disable desktop composition" and "run as administrator" (both in the compatibility tab)

all under windows 7

i hope some of you will have access to the game again soon!

[Post New]by quilternow on May 30, 14 2:08 PM
anybody have an idea when we'll be able to visit neighbors again? I get kicked out every time.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 30, 14 3:24 PM
Wanted to let all know tech. got up with me. In order to get back in I had to delete all files of the game and start all over. Love the game so much, was glad to do it. was on 50 something level, but will get there again. Good luck to all locked out.

pat05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pat05 on May 31, 14 1:06 AM
I want to thank the Tech's working on Dark Manor. It is one of my favorites and I go in every day to update all my neighbors and play the game.

I am still having issues as is everyone else on this forum. I have windows 7 with a gaming graph card.

All issues are the same as everyone else. But, everything is alternate; once one thing is fixed on the updates, another one appears.

This morning Saturday the 31st, I was ABLE to get my gifts and send and invite new neighbors. I have two messages and every time I try to retrieve my Messages I beep and drop out of the game immediately.

I will wait for the updates....please help with this...thank you all for hanging in there.

[Post New]by rich_banker on May 31, 14 1:31 AM
having issues with the game manager. At first it wouldn't open so had to uninstall and re-stall twice. Now it keeps messing with the screen resolution on my laptop and am constantly having to change it back manually. is any one else having same problem?

[Post New]by phlamingophred on May 31, 14 1:16 PM
Had a blank neighbor name show up last night, then today noticed that my neighbor count is going up and down as I visit each one. Hits the lower number, then after clicking on this blank name, it goes back to the correct count and includes all the neighbors on my list - but not the blank name. It appears that the XP, EP and Silver all seem to be awarded okay though.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 31, 14 1:45 PM
CS got me back in last night, a complete start over, am now on level 11. So far no problems, but with few friends no gifts, it is hard to build up. I am just so happy to be back, that is ok. Hope they get it fixed for you all.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on May 31, 14 2:57 PM
Desktop PC (medium gaming build), win 8.0, non-FB, non-Touch.
Start DM once in the late morning and exit after midnight - fairly continuous play.

Since the May 22 update, I've had no access violations or times when the DM windows disappears. Initial (new Elles/Yvette) screen a little slow (connecting,(loading),updating,done), visiting neighbors and doing blitz is a little slow, I miss the label that should be on the Press to load more button, addition of Helly Skelly - needed different item awarded for jackpot, not a new machine to play.

Appreciate your efforts.

Stormydem
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Stormydem on Jun 1, 14 10:45 AM
Can you please look into the Geisha gathering on the neighbor invite list? This was brought up in April and BF responded to it then in another thread. It happens after we load all neighbors in the "Neighbors" list. Also, please look into the alphabetical order problem in the Neighbors list. I just know the creators of this wonderful game know their ABCs!! Thanks!!!

Edited on 06/01/2014 at 10:46:17 AM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Jun 1, 14 5:02 PM
Stormydem wrote:... Also, please look into the alphabetical order problem in the Neighbors list. I just know the creators of this wonderful game know their ABCs!! Thanks!!!

Stormydem - sorts been a problem for a long time. See Dark Manor 101, page 2, half way down (search for sort) for an explanation of how the sort currently works.

Stormydem
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Stormydem on Jun 1, 14 6:05 PM
temp_89120 wrote:
Stormydem wrote:... Also, please look into the alphabetical order problem in the Neighbors list. I just know the creators of this wonderful game know their ABCs!! Thanks!!!

Stormydem - sorts been a problem for a long time. See Dark Manor 101, page 2, half way down (search for sort) for an explanation of how the sort currently works.

I know. Just thought I'd throw that out there again. Give them something to do after they get everyone back into their manors. Thanks.

[Post New]by jeniferrobin on Jun 1, 14 9:47 PM
Hey there, I am operating on a laptop with 7. I have not been able to play the hidden object scene you get after playing the last scavenger hunt. Also, sometimes, when I have to do blitzes, they are not updated as i do them. Hopefully someone has some new answers.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Jun 1, 14 11:58 PM
jeniferrobin wrote:Hey there, I am operating on a laptop with 7. I have not been able to play the hidden object scene you get after playing the last scavenger hunt. Also, sometimes, when I have to do blitzes, they are not updated as i do them. Hopefully someone has some new answers.

Concerning the HO scene, you might want to look at 'Scavenger Hunt Reward' currently on forum page 3.

[Post New]by farrah423 on Jun 2, 14 10:26 AM
Is the Fire and Bones bonus scene (scavenger hunt reward) supposed to be a HOG? Mine doesn't allow me to play. Is there a way to get it? Thanks!

[Post New]by newt2005 on Jun 2, 14 10:34 AM
jiya7 wrote:Hi, I just started playing this game on my PC. I accidentally clicked the widescreen button and now it won't give me the option of going back to widescreen. How do I fix that? also is there a way to zoom out of the screen while we are looking for objects in a scene its really inconvenient.

Hi, did anyone have a fix for this issue with not being able to go back to widescreen after switching it off in options. I should have known better as it gave me an ominous "are you sure" message box but i naively assumed as it was shown as a switch in options it could be toggled on and off. Now the switch is gone and there is a message saying that widescreen is not available at this resolution. I want it back the way it was before. Help please, regards N.

[Post New]by newt2005 on Jun 2, 14 10:44 AM
Hi, does anyone have a fix for not being able to go back to widescreen after switching it off in options. I should have known better as it gave me an ominous "are you sure" message box but i naively assumed as it was shown as a switch in options it could be toggled on and off. Now the switch is gone and there is a message saying that widescreen is not available at this resolution. I want it back the way it was before - not that i know what resolution it was - damn my tech resistant brain. Help please, regards N.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 2, 14 11:51 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to pop-in to let you know that Fire and Bones is the reward for the next Scavenger Hunt, which we hope to be rolling out soon. Wicker Man was the reward for the most recent one.

newt2005 - I am going to check in with the team about this as we included a fix for this issue in an earlier update. In the meantime, it may help to try adjusting your system's screen resolution to see if it will allow you to switch back.

For more information please see the following help article:
Screen Resolution

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by nbminden on Jun 2, 14 2:58 PM
Help! I went to log in this afternoon and my mansion is gone!! I was level 44 or 45. It started me completely over.

jlt148uk
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by jlt148uk on Jun 3, 14 5:04 AM
Hi

for the last week I have been having a problem with ??? machines crashing the game. I have never had this happen before. It happens mostly when I have used the collect button and the reset button comes up but suddenly change back to collect - if I don't realise and click again it crashes. The buttons did sometimes switch before but clicking them just righted them back and didn't add anything extra so all was fine.

But now sometimes they are also crashing just from pressing collect or reset or even when activated by a walker. Yesterday after opening the game and letting the walkers move around it happened every few minutes. It is very frustrating. Especially as the game seems to be taking a long time to load from front screen to Enter screen and then from Enter to opening the manor.
Janet
279 Evendale Grove

Go to: