kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by kdreetz on May 28, 14 8:25 PM
I invited Mikiko (205837) as a friend. She keeps giving me gifts, but I can't return the favor because she's still on my invite list. Should I delete her and try to invite her again?

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on May 28, 14 10:51 PM
I have spent many hours today and yesterday working on the Pirate's Collection, and finally spent diamonds to complete this quest to make the Monster of the Dawn. It does not register as completed, and this is a very intensive quest with many duplicate locations having to be played in order to finish it. Ripped off and pissed. Sorry.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 28, 14 11:55 PM
as already stated by other players some time ago there is a temperature problem and now - after the update - I get the warning that the temperature of the prozessor is 66,5 degrees !!!! The fan runs at high speed and makes more noise than ever before. As soon as I leave the game everything is back to normal so there seems ro be something wrong with the game. Please look into this matter immediately as I am afraid that I need to stop playing the game .

Furthermore there is still the problem with the THEFT of the flower coins and I am now at a point to relly believe that this is wanted and I realised that from time to time the reward for a HOS is not added to my coin amount. By not fixing this you steal money from all players all over the world and this is no good reputation BF/Elephant !

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 29, 14 12:21 AM
The fan on mine only runs when I play this game...it is constant and it really bugs the heck out of me. Not only the noise, but the worry that it is going to either burn out my processor, or the fan itself. Never have I had this problem before. It is spoiling the whole game for me, as I can't just relax and play it out. As if the other problems I have been having aren't enough, this is the one that I think will be the final straw.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 29, 14 12:33 AM
I too have the fan on my laptop running loudly when I play this game, but I have a couple of other games - and those don't even have a lot of animation - where the fan also does some overtime.

I think that the main reason is the processor of the computer. The higher the processor, the less the fan will have to work. When I bought my laptop, I made the mistake listening to the sales guy who promised me that the processor on my laptop - which was the second highest - is plenty powerful enough to handle the type of games I play.
Now I know better, and in future I will only buy a laptop with the highest processor.

Redgirl23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Redgirl23 on May 29, 14 1:16 AM
I have been playing Midnight Castle for 5 or 6 months, I upgraded from windows Vista 2 windows 7, when I re-downloaded my game it started me from the beginning, also Found A hidden object, did the same. Awakening Kingdoms picked up where I left off. How or what can I do to get back the levels I had before I upgraded. I have PC. I use google more instead of internet explorer, less problems with google. How do you find or get friends to play Midnight Castle, I can't find out how to add them

Hope you can help, starting over is no fun,

Thanks,
hperfect29@hotmail.com
my profile is listed as Redgirl 23

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 29, 14 2:58 AM
OK, coming back to the problem with the Airship:

I waited the 15+ hours until a new ship arrived. I filled the first crate - no problem - but the second crate once again froze the game, and the sound kept on going in a frozen state as well.

This time, there was a different object in the second crate, so it has nothing to do with a certain object, but the second crate itself. Until BigFish tells us it has been fixed, I won't be using the Airship again.

--- --- ---

ETA: Redgirl, you should have saved the .save file of the game on an external harddrive, and then added it again to the new game. There is nothing you can do now, but start over - unless someone actually has a solution to this problem?

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 3:00:28 AM PST

Re:Last update failed.

[Post New]by vagrant77 on May 29, 14 6:44 AM
My last update failed for some reason. Now i can't play MC any more.
Have already un- & reinstalled the BF Game Manager.
Maybe the best I can do now is uninstalling and reinstalling MC ?
But can I be sure that after reinstalling the new version will start at the level I had reached ? Not funny to have to start all over again !
Hopefully someone can give me good advice !

[Post New]by Nirawatu on May 29, 14 6:51 AM
Hi! I'm having the "pinball" noise too, the game just freezes when I try to complete an achievement since the update (it happens with the airship, when I win an item by playing dice or when I complete "craft 30 items in 30 minutes")...I never had trouble with the game! I contacted big fish but still nothing...

PreGab12
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by PreGab12 on May 29, 14 8:06 AM
Can't spin ??? Can anyone help ? (the game freezes)

[Post New]by Allie5448 on May 29, 14 9:40 AM
Vagrant77...I read on this thread that the MC files are kept on BFG servers sand not your PC. So, if you uninstall and re-install, you will not lose anything I did just that and it dis help a few problems but not all. I still lose flower coins and the games freezes as with the rest of the players on certain things such as the Social page I think that is the worst. I lose gift cards !

Hope this helps.

Edited for: I lost all the crafing I did for the Uncle quests. I had only 1 more to craft and that's when I got the pinball noise, freeze, and crash. So I am back to 30 plus in 50. I don't dare craft to get close to 50 again for fear I will explode, just like my PC

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 9:44:38 AM PST

[Post New]by vagrant77 on May 29, 14 1:31 PM
Many thanks Allie5448 ! Am back in the game in the same level, and everything works. Hope your freezing problem will be solved soon too !

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on May 29, 14 1:37 PM
I'm getting the pinball sound and the game freezes when clicking on Complete when I finish the Daily Quest. A reboot of my system did not help.

ETA: Specifically the Mechanogle The Engineer: Helpful Device. The Raven Stone & Broken Carriage quests.

It sounds like the Castle has a gremlin...maybe more than one.

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 8:15:35 PM PST

joezee
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by joezee on May 29, 14 2:16 PM
As noted with some other players, ever since the update, I lock up when I try to roll dice and get the "pinball" experience. When I shut down and come back in, same thing happens. Think I'll just set out for a bit.

Patm49
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Patm49 on May 29, 14 2:44 PM
Since the latest update, I am losing more coins that do not drop when I get 5 flowers, and some of the HOG's do not have the items listed on the bottom so I have to get out of the game and go back in......these things are happening more frequently since this newest update........please help with these annoying problems.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 29, 14 3:24 PM
Heard back from CS today, and nothing new...they "are aware of the problems with the Social page, the update didn't fix it, the developers have been notified, hoping to get an update to fix it, and keep checking the forum for further notices". In other words, business as usual, but they are polite about it

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on May 29, 14 4:42 PM
apollogold wrote:
batgirl25 wrote:Ongoing issues Since MARCH, I have submitted numerous Dr. Felix Reports and all of the "fixes", suggestions etc. DO NOT WORK...there has been quite a few "bug fix updates" yet nothing fixes my problems, it should not take 30 minutes to try to gift friends open gifts add friends etc...it should not take almost 5 minutes to open my inventory page and it should not take over one minute to switch between HOS...and it only gets WORSE with updates not better.

I am completely baffled due to the fact that I have been submitting many reports to customer support and complaining in this thread one would think this would have been resolved by now....

I have grown very tired of the enormous amount of time it takes just to try to play this game in the state mine is in. What would normally be one hour to get through all of the HOS send gifts etc literally takes me hours. When I first started playing back in December this was a very engaging and fun game, it is a shame it is not so now.

Steel Ivy
Batgirl, Please read your messages. May have found help with this!!! apollogold.

Thank you apollogold I will try your suggestions I appreciate the thought that went into trying to help me.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 29, 14 4:55 PM
With this latest UPDATE I have lost the coins from a MAJOR QUEST FOR PETE ( 50 coins) and a DAILY QUEST ( 30 ) and I don't know if I lost the experience points or not , I'll have to wait until I level up to 25 .this is in my MAIN GAME PLAYER : JOEY , ID #73232
You now can add Russell to NO COINS FOR COMPLETED QUESTS . TWICE IN A ROW .

In my 2nd game I crafted the FLYING BLUE KITTY and did NOT get the ACHIEVEMENT AWARD for CRAFTING 2 PETS
Player : JODY : ID # 269065

The GAME MANAGER is so messed up that I had to turn it off . I did file a DR. FELIX and BF told me to uninstall and re-install I did that and nothing helped . I am just going to leave it turned off .
I edited because NOW the HOS's are Not Paying the 50coins they should be 3 times now .
There are a lot more problems with this game than ever before . WHY are the DEVS not working on fixing these PROBLEMS .

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 8:23:40 PM PST

Bcaru
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Bcaru on May 29, 14 5:33 PM
The game is saying that there's an update. But i don't know how to get the update. It says I have to so it manually, don't know how. Please help. I want to play my game.

boostone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by boostone on May 29, 14 6:31 PM
Good evening

I am having a huge problem-the game doesn't load (I am running version 1.4.0.229) All I get is on the title screen is Checking cloud....then Preparing characters & then Setting Illumination...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Go to: