Amethyst2066
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Oct 12, 17 5:18 PM
Notonmysite

If you play on Kindle, go to the Amazon App Store and go to the MC app. You should see an orange button that says update. Click on it and when it gets done and says open, open MC. It will finish from there.

If you are on another brand of android device, go to Google Play and follow the directions above. Your game should now be updated.

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Oct 12, 17 6:03 PM
Crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash. So SICK of crashing and losing progress. I will NEVER trust this game until the devs opt out of Amazon Game Circle. It was fine until they opted back in.

A640637

[Post New]by Winston69 on Oct 13, 17 5:40 AM
I got a huge update yesterday but I don't see anything other than the new characters pictures and pets. I checked play store and it shows up to date. Anyone else?

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 13, 17 10:28 AM
Hello Strixi and Winston69,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experiences while playing the Android version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like there is a crashing issue being reported as well as a question about some of the recent items and content being seen despite there seeming to not be an announcement regarding those changes.

First, I'd like to work with the crashing issue being reported. Strixi, the first thing I recommend is to see if our steps regarding crashing on an Android device are able to assist. If you'd like to try those steps, I am including a link to them below:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

If those steps don't seem to help, please get in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team with the model and type of device you are seeing this issue on, what version of operating system that device is running, and a description of what you are experiencing in the game. If you could also provide your Friend Code, that will help our teams better assist with your account. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue assisting.

Winston69, after reaching out to the teams behind the game, it sounds like they are trying to roll out parts of the seasonal event a bit early to help the event run more smoothly when it begins. While the event hasn't started yet, some elements of it are appearing in some games to prepare for that change.

This may appear as some changes or additional content for some players on some devices. This means that some elements of the event could be appearing before the event begins, and I apologize for any confusion this may cause in the meantime as players will be unable to make use of that content until the event truly starts.

Unfortunately, I was unable to be told when we might see an update or that event start, but it sounds like they're hard at work getting content ready to release to all of our players across all devices. Once the information that the event has started is provided, a moderator will be certain to provide an announcement so that players can see what all is in that content update.

Edited on 10/13/2017 at 10:29:42 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 13, 17 10:29 AM
Thanks for your patience, and I hope this helps clarify why some players are seeing some new things but not others as well as how to receive additional assistance for crashing in the game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Winston69 on Oct 13, 17 12:23 PM
Thank you!!

justin0120
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by justin0120 on Oct 13, 17 2:05 PM
ID # 709640 The problem I am having is I am playing the castle challenge and I had got over 103 the game crash. So I had to start all over again. Then I got 57 a I turned the kindle off for the night. Turned the kindle on today and all my point were gone. So I have started all over again. Can you help. Thank You

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Oct 13, 17 4:44 PM
I'm convinced it's Amazon Game Circle. The game ran smoothly for months, when that didn't automatically start with the game. Then with the last big update that allowed us to go to 80, I started seeing "Amazon Game Circle is running," and that's when all the problems started. If I force stop, the problem gets worse. I wish they hadn't opted in on that. It drains the battery, too. Without that running, I can play for a few hours and only lose about 20% of my power. With that running in an hour I lose almost half. It's awful.

bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello Strixi and Winston69,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experiences while playing the Android version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like there is a crashing issue being reported as well as a question about some of the recent items and content being seen despite there seeming to not be an announcement regarding those changes.

First, I'd like to work with the crashing issue being reported. Strixi, the first thing I recommend is to see if our steps regarding crashing on an Android device are able to assist. If you'd like to try those steps, I am including a link to them below:

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002266127">Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)</a>.

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 13, 17 5:29 PM
Hello justin0120 and Strixi,

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry that the game seems to be having trouble despite our recommendations or seems to be losing progress. It sounds like there are some issues that are not being resolved by general troubleshooting and I wanted to provide a recommendation to get in touch with our Support Team as it sounds like that may be the best step to take to receive further assistance with what has been reported.

Please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with a description of the issue you are experiencing as well as your current Friend Code. It also helps to provide your observations and experiences in detail, which can aid our Reps in better assessing what might be occurring. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue assisting.

If you are already in contact with our Support Team, I want to thank you for your patience while waiting to receive assistance. Thank you for your time and effort while working with our teams. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

justin0120
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by justin0120 on Oct 13, 17 6:01 PM
Brookings for some strange reason I can't fill out the form for the problem I am having. I fill in the title line and I can't go any further. What am I doing wrong.

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 14, 17 1:36 PM
Hello justin0120,

I'm really sorry to hear there's been trouble entering lines into the Midnight Castle Support Team help form. I'm swimming right over to troubleshoot this with you.

I'd begin by clearing the cache of your web browser. The instructions for that process can be found in the help page below:

Clear Browser Cache

If that doesn't work, they I'd try a new web browser as well. For example, if Google Chrome is being used, please try Mozilla Firefox.

Should none of those suggestions work, please PM one of my fellow moderators or me. We'll happily provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Oct 16, 17 6:46 AM
I have lost loads of diamonds with the game continually crashing and my progress surely this issue should be fixed by now regards Chris

[Post New]by Winston69 on Oct 16, 17 4:01 PM
Saw the announcement that the update is available. But Androids still say October 12th and I still don't have the event. Amazon doesn't show a new update.

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 17, 17 11:04 AM
Hello Kimball321 and Winston69,

I'm swimming over to provide some troubleshooting help.

Kimball321: I'm really sorry diamonds are being lost and that the game keeps crashing. First, let's try closing the other apps that are running in the mobile device's background. The help page below will walk you through that process:

Force Close Applications (Android)

If that doesn't work, please try downloading the latest update for the game. The following help page will explain how to do that:

Update Your Game (Google Play)

Winston69: I would also follow the steps in the help page above to try and download the latest version of this game.

If these suggestions don't help you, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll have the tools necessary to investigate these issues further. Please include your Friend Code in your ticket.

Thank you for your patience, and as always, please feel free to PM a moderator (including me) if any questions remain. We'll do our best to provide assistance.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Winston69 on Oct 17, 17 1:42 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Kimball321 and Winston69,

I'm swimming over to provide some troubleshooting help.

Kimball321: I'm really sorry diamonds are being lost and that the game keeps crashing. First, let's try closing the other apps that are running in the mobile device's background. The help page below will walk you through that process:

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002368088">Force Close Applications (Android)</a>

If that doesn't work, please try downloading the latest update for the game. The following help page will explain how to do that:

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002368448">Update Your Game (Google Play)</a>

Winston69: I would also follow the steps in the help page above to try and download the latest version of this game.

If these suggestions don't help you, please contact our <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000558227">Midnight Castle Support Team</a>. They'll have the tools necessary to investigate these issues further. Please include your <a https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002367868>Friend Code</a> in your ticket.

Thank you for your patience, and as always, please feel free to PM a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">moderator</a> (including me) if any questions remain. We'll do our best to provide assistance.

bfgBeruna

Mine is a Kindle.

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 17, 17 2:18 PM
Hello Winston69,

Thanks for letting me know your device is a Kindle. I've included a help page below that contains instructions for updating a game from the Amazon App store.

Update Your Game (Amazon)

If there still isn't an update for your device, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be able to investigate and resolve this for you. Please include your Friend Code in the inquiry.

The other moderators and I are available via a PM if there are any remaining questions. I wish you the best of luck.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by notonmysite on Oct 17, 17 6:22 PM
ID--a526107, I have been playing level #80 for a long time and it is getting boring, I saw that I should have played level #79 different in order to continue to advance..that being said does anyone at technical know how or when this problem will be solved ? I keep getting messages to check update, it says it was updated 10/6/2017...NOT on my kindle.. I can do everything else just can't finish the challenge. please please answer

Amethyst2066
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Oct 18, 17 8:54 PM
Hello Notonmysite

To update your Kindle, see the post above yours.
There should have been an update on 10/12/17.
If I have read correctly, I think the game only goes to level 80.

Good Luck.

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 19, 17 12:33 PM
Hello notonmysite,

I hope this message finds you well. Currently, Level 80 is the highest level players can reach in Midnight Castle. Once players have completed the final possible task, "Back to Black", which directs them to speak to the Young Chamberlain, they will have reached the current end of content. Even if the game is played differently, those will be the game's caps until the next content update is released.

The Moderation Team doesn't receive information about when new content will be published, so I'm unable to provide a definitive date. Whenever we receive word of a new update, we announce it in the thread below:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - October 12, 2017

Thank you for your patience. If any questions remaining, please PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgBeruna

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Oct 20, 17 11:27 AM
Once again I have purchased diamond's 130 and game crashed and I have no diamonds this always happens I think I will not purchase any more I am just wasting money my I'd is840075 can you get my diamonds back regards Chris

Go to: