Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 16, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/16/2017 at 10:50:24 AM PST

BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by BJT006 on Dec 16, 17 12:57 AM
Game won't play. All I'm getting is a black screen. Playing on a new windows 10 computer. All is up to date

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Dec 16, 17 2:02 AM
The demo lasted all of 37 minutes and like all Amax games using Windows 10, game play did not run smoothly and kept crashing.

Edited on 12/16/2017 at 2:04:47 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Dec 16, 17 3:16 AM
no problems dl the game. But when i put the shears together with the screw game freezes and i cant get out of the game. i regret i came back to gameclub it worked 2 games and the 3rd game it is not working again
Cisca

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 16, 17 6:10 AM
@BJT006
I had that issue as well, but the black screen only lasted about a minute and it finally loaded. Did you try uninstalling the game and reinstalling? That usually solves almost any issue.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 16, 17 6:19 AM
Dear Amax:

I will keep reminding you that I can't play any of your games without first adjusting my screen's resolution, or playing in a windowed mode. Otherwise ALL of your games are too stretched on my screen and I can barely see the "options" word to access the windowed mode. If I play the game as is, I can't see anything on the sides which make playing the HOP's or finding items impossible. Sure, I can solve the issue by adjusting my screen's resolution, and then readjusting my screen's resolution after I exit your games (ALL of them) but why would I want to go to all that trouble when no other games have this issue?

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm hoping this will catch someone's attention and have the issues solved! Please?

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 16, 17 7:59 AM
ciscaR8 wrote:no problems dl the game. But when i put the shears together with the screw game freezes and i cant get out of the game. i regret i came back to gameclub it worked 2 games and the 3rd game it is not working again
Cisca

Cisca, chances are quite good that it is actually this particular developer and not BF. I always avoid their games like the plague because they always crash my computer. If you check some of their games the technical threads are most of the time quite long, always with the same problems, and a fix is not in sight.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 16, 17 10:50 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 16, 17 11:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry that the game hasn't been playable for so many of you. Let's get down to troubleshooting then!

First I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

Please see the following help page more further instructions:

It would also be a good idea to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. I've included a help page with those instructions below as well:

If those suggestions don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. Thanks you so much for your patience and understanding. Should new questions arise, you're also more than welcome to PM me or a fellow moderator, and we'll reply as soon as possible.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by belly101 on Dec 16, 17 12:02 PM
When I have to enter the diary code, the cirkel appears, with nothing in it. I can't see anything so I can't move on with the game, because I can't put the code in it.
I am playing on Windows 7. Hopefully this problem will be solved with an update of the game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 16, 17 1:47 PM
Hello belly101,

This sounds like a progression block. I'm really sorry the diary code can't be entered. Progression blocks can often be caused by display issues, so I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is fully updated. It would be helpful to run the computer with administrative permissions, too. Both processes will improve the game's relationship with the computer, too. The help pages below contain further instructions.

If those suggestions don't fix this game, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution. My fellow moderators and I can also answer any new questions via a PM, so don't hesitate to reach out if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Dec 16, 17 2:59 PM
My antivirus software has quarantined this saying there's an embedded trojan - not normally an issue with BFG so I'm not going to just chalk it up to my OS. Given that your files are executables, I'm concerned about your security protocols and unwilling to download any of your games where I receive this type of warning. Shame, as I generally enjoy the Dark Tales series.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Dec 16, 17 3:22 PM
chapter 2 i can't use the death amulet on dupin, i hope this is the only bug

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Dec 16, 17 4:28 PM
I got as far as the fire, bandaged his hands. put the fire out and poof. I got back on and it took me back to where I needed to find the caducuas lizard heads which I had already done and wanted me to start that all over again. I shut it down. Fix it and I will play again. I was going to buy it but not until you get it fixed.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 16, 17 6:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm here to provide some help!

merry49: I absolutely understand your concern over downloading a game after receiving an antivirus message. I want to assure you that our games are rigorously tested before they're released. Sometimes an overzealous antivirus program can mistake one of our games as containing a virus, but that's something our Technical Support Team can easily handle. I'd absolutely recommend contacting them. Please include the information below with the inquiry:

- The game that is causing the issue.
- The name of your antivirus company.
- The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
- The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

The help page below also contains more information about virus messages:

Virus Messages

2dogsx2 and ladyhawkna: I'm really sorry that an item can't be used and that the game restarted. Luckily, both issues can be fixed by following the same troubleshooting steps. Please check to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date and run the game as an administrator. The help pages below will provide further guidance:

If those steps don't work, please also contact our Support Team. They'll definitely be able to provide a new solution. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

bfgBeruna

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 16, 17 8:54 PM
I am about 1/2 way through the game. So far, no glitches, no problems. I always play in windowed mode, but the game starts out full screen.

No issues at all - using a PC all-in-one with win. 8.1. I have tried win. 10 and personally, I don't like it. I will stick with my tried & true win. 8.1.

Good luck to all who have had problems. Hope the issues get resolved.

[Post New]by Jerseygal on Dec 17, 17 5:08 AM
Can't use the death amulet on Dupin chapter 2...I'm pissed.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Dec 17, 17 12:04 PM
I am having the same problem as Jerseygirl. Amulet won't work so cannot use it on
Dupin.

Please advise or fix
Thank you

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Dec 17, 17 12:45 PM
Got out of the game and when I went back in the Death Amulet worked and I could continue with the game. Still..............a glitch that needs to be fixed.

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Dec 17, 17 12:46 PM
same issue in chapter two cannot use amulet on dupin!? if demo had lasted longer than 30 min. would have found this out, and not bought until fixed. now stuck with a game where cannot proceed until it is fixed!

Go to: