HATE THIS GAME

[Post New]by insanegi on Oct 24, 08 1:43 AM
Sorry I have heard it is a great game, but every game I play I get annihilated by a group that is 4 levels higher, plus there is no way to run from a fight, so once you are in, it's a fight to the death.

My Advice, RUN from this game. do not buy it, or waste your time with it at all.

Re:HATE THIS GAME

[Post New]by 1kev2hfb on Dec 14, 09 1:14 AM
Wish I had read your post before trying the game.

It is a waste of time.
Being completely killed by an enemy before even getting the chance to make a single action is quite rediculous.

There are not enough low level groups that you can kill to gain experience in the first real quest after the tutorial to level up your characters.

2 Thumbs down at a good concept... bad executed game.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 17, 10 12:28 AM
I love this game, this is one of my favorite! At first it was hard for me but then I realized that there is a time factor for this game. Once I started performing the quests, it all worked and it was fun to do it, not easy, but fun... Low level troops get upgraded enough to fight the big guys if you follow quests. And often if a huge army appears (like in the Ramen Kingdom's first scenario), it's better to run away since it will be impossible to win. Big enemy armies are usually a sign that something was done too slow or wrong...

DeepSee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by DeepSee on Feb 20, 10 6:45 PM
I hate this game too. It is depressing to never have enough time or money and always having bigger badder brigands taking away my castles.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 22, 10 11:58 PM
The point is not to keep castles (even though they do bring money), the point is to complete quests. To win here it's necessary to think and that's what I like - it took me quite a while to figure it out, but then it felt so satisfying to crush everybody ))

DeepSee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Figuring it out

[Post New]by DeepSee on Feb 23, 10 9:47 PM
spd347 wrote:The point is not to keep castles (even though they do bring money), the point is to complete quests. To win here it's necessary to think and that's what I like - it took me quite a while to figure it out, but then it felt so satisfying to crush everybody ))

Thanks, spd347. I guess there is hope, then.... Have you really crushed all the big bad bullies? Wow! You have my respect. Maybe now I'll go get bashed around some more until I too discover the great secret of figuring it out and completing quests.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Figuring it out

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 24, 10 1:45 AM
DeepSee wrote:
Thanks, spd347. I guess there is hope, then.... Have you really crushed all the big bad bullies? Wow! You have my respect. Maybe now I'll go get bashed around some more until I too discover the great secret of figuring it out and completing quests.

Thank you, DeepSee, for your kind words... I posted a couple of walkthroughs and instructions, I hope they will be helpful... By now I know many ways how to complete all these scenarios - for example, I know a simple way to go through the Ramen Kingdom, and a tough one - in a simple one it's possible to avoid some of the battles with all the big bad bullies and complete missions, and in a tough one I crush them all! Needless to say, the tough way is much more fun.

All in all, DT is not really a casual game, IMO. It's small in size and graphics is simple but has all the ingredients of a big game. In many ways it's similar to Disciples II (that I too love, by the way).

And if you have questions, post them here - I am past the stage of just enjoying this game, now I want to share what I know

[Post New]by Sehjii on Mar 18, 10 7:17 AM
I didn't even have to get into the gameplay before I turned it down. The text is so horribly butchered. How much would it have cost to get a native English speaker to edit the text? Goodness... I'd have done it for a copy of the game!

I'm glad that Eastern block countries and other foreign countries are finding a way to make money. But if they are going to try to market to THE buying market, the United States, then they need to use proper grammar and use vocabulary words in their proper context.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

HATE THIS GAME

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 2, 10 4:55 AM
insanegi wrote:Sorry I have heard it is a great game, but every game I play I get annihilated by a group that is 4 levels higher, plus there is no way to run from a fight, so once you are in, it's a fight to the death.

My Advice, RUN from this game. do not buy it, or waste your time with it at all.

I did not like the game as well, boring and couldn't understand half of the words. TMann

Go to: