TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Friends of Berengaria/Berengaria2

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 17 3:33 PM
I'm posting from my husband's computer. My computer has died. I have bought a new one, but it will take me some time to get it set up and to contact customer service to have my games transferred.

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to take down my wish list. Please do not send gifts and do not leave presents in the private room.

You should still be able to play the HOS in my room.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Friends of Berengaria/Berengaria2

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 17, 17 3:35 PM
Wow! What an awful time for that to happen!! Hopefully, you're back in business soon!!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 17, 17 3:43 PM
Oh no, how awful! I would like to still leave gifts in the Christmas Room so you have a bunch of stuff when you do get back. Maybe it'll take some of the sting away.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 17, 17 3:44 PM
That Stinks !

Will be waiting to hear that your back up and running again soon.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 17, 17 3:45 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Oh no, how awful! I would like to still leave gifts in the Christmas Room so you have a bunch of stuff when you do get back. Maybe it'll take some of the sting away.

She may lose the gifts she has waiting during the transfer. Best to hold onto them and gift her again when she gets up and running again with her new id.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 17, 17 3:52 PM
That is horrible timing!!!!! ... Thank you for the head's up and hopefully, will "see" you soon

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 17 3:54 PM
My DH is starting to work on setting up new machine. I'm hoping that I'll be able to download MC tonight and send in my old and new social codes to CS.

Once I'm up and running, I will send out new friend requests and then it will be okay to leave gifts.

New machine had Win10, old machine was Win 8, so a bit of a learning curve and all the hassle of customizing this, that, and the other thing.

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by july1277 on Dec 17, 17 4:03 PM
What is your id number? So we can find the right person

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 17 4:16 PM
july1277 wrote:What is your id number? So we can find the right person

My friends don't need my id number. I put my game name in the header. I don't think there's a lot of Berengaria's out there.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Dec 17, 17 4:38 PM
TiramaSue ~ so sorry your computer up and died on you. Talk about poor timing! We will be waiting for your return, and soon I hope.

Shilo

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 17, 17 5:06 PM
Will be watching for invitations.

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Dec 17, 17 5:50 PM
Hope you are back and able to play again soon , what rotten timing .

Sa

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 17 6:08 PM
Opened up the back of my old computer. There are two "holes" where disk drives can go. Moved the drive from where it was to the empty "hole" and was able to get the machine booted.

Took down my wish lists, did the CC task, but everything is moving very slowly, so I'm not going to chance trying to play. Don't want to possibly mess things up and give CS a real problem to straighten out.

Off to spend some time on my new computer and get acquainted with Win10.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 17, 17 6:35 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Opened up the back of my old computer. There are two "holes" where disk drives can go. Moved the drive from where it was to the empty "hole" and was able to get the machine booted.

Took down my wish lists, did the CC task, but everything is moving very slowly, so I'm not going to chance trying to play. Don't want to possibly mess things up and give CS a real problem to straighten out.

Off to spend some time on my new computer and get acquainted with Win10.

Glad you were able to do that and get your wish list down. While waiting for CS to transfer will be an excellent time to get acquainted with new functions.

Something tells me you'll pick it up pretty quick .

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 17 6:41 PM
I'm hating Win10. I'm sure it can do amazing things, things that I'm not interested in doing. If Microsoft Edge has a help button anywhere, I'm too stupid to find it.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Dec 17, 17 7:38 PM
I'm sorry about your old PC. The timing really sucks and of course I didn't check before I sent off pink boxes. That's okay though, more where they came from.

I tried win10 and I agree. I did not like. I went right back to my favorite, win7. Yup, totally behind but I do not care. I hope they will get you sorted fast, TiramaSue. I always look forward to gifting you since you always pick the things I have a ton of. Okay, okay I just like seeing the revolving wishlist.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 17, 17 7:41 PM
I didn't mean to laugh, but you sure did make me laugh out loud. I've heard a lot about Windows 10, not all of it positive. But that's progress for you.

I will do like Silver said and not leave gifts till your up and running. I wouldn't want them to end up in some black hole somewhere.

I've always used a totally different browser than microsoft's.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Dec 17, 17 8:02 PM
I'm so sorry about your computer.

I had also gifted pink boxes before seeing this post.

Once I figured out how to stop Microsoft from changing my drivers with updates, I found Windows 10 to be very nimble. I spent time to turn off notifications and maximize privacy at the start and am very glad I did. Good luck with the transfer.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 17 8:24 PM
Could somebody PM me my old social codes?

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 17, 17 8:40 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Could somebody PM me my old social codes?

done

Go to: