Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,268 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 8 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 18, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/18/2017 at 9:02:50 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 8 here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 18, 17 1:23 AM
I use Windows 8.1
It downloaded OK, but when I opened it up, to didn't go to full screen, and it was white, so I don't understand it at all, so it's a no for me, all of a sudden it ended, and when back to game manager, as though my demo was out

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 18, 17 4:26 AM
Windows 7 Professional -32 bit, Intel onboard graphics

Downloaded okay, when opening, displayed a zigzag pattern like old style tvs had with horizontal hold issues, then opened to a black screen with cheerful music playing in the background. Windows key didn't work, neither did ctrl/alt/delete to bring up task manager. Had to do a hard shutdown to get out of the game which I won't be repeating (horrible to do to a poor computer). Uninstalled and will check back to see if others experience the same or if anyone has a fix. Video drivers, DirectX, etc all current.

[Post New]by Shumana on Dec 18, 17 7:38 AM
I have all the Christmas Wonderland games, however, 6, 7, and now 8 will download fine, but appear in a window mode, where you cannot click/see the bottom of the game, and it says some message about trying to install something, but you cannot play these games. I use windows 10, and some of the earlier versions of this game plays fine, but the higher numbered games will not. I have to control/alt/delete to get to the task manager to end this game. Please help!

bfgArinelle
1,412 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 18, 17 9:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 18, 17 11:22 AM
I have Windows 8.1 on my laptop and had no difficulty with this game. I also have a Windows 7 Professional PC and downloaded and played without problems.

Both my machines are up to date with graphics and ancillary services ( i.e., adobe, etc.,)

coolmom4
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by coolmom4 on Dec 18, 17 12:41 PM
The cursor is so small for the Mac version, I can't see it to click on anything. Is there a way to make it bigger?

bfgArinelle
1,412 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 18, 17 12:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like we've had some display and freezing issues going on with the game. That definitely can interfere with enjoying the game, so let's see what troubleshooting can do to get things working better.

In general for issues like this, it's a good idea to check the graphics settings for the computer. We can also run the game as an Administrator to make sure its files have what they need to work as they should. Making sure the game is allowed to install any complementary software that it needs (such as DirectX) is also really helpful in these situations. Since it also sounds like part of the screen is cut off for some, another good idea is to experiment with the screen resolution settings to see if that helps. I've included links for these possibilities below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Screen Resolution

Should the issues persist after giving these steps a try, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can help us better track the reported issues. You can also PM me or another Moderator with lingering questions. We're always happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

hobo11
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by hobo11 on Dec 18, 17 1:19 PM
Just got this and can't begin to play it. I have windows 10 it is so large on the screen and I can't even get to options or anything. I can not see anything at the bottom. Knew it the minute it loaded the Big Fish was off centered and at the bottom right of my screen.

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Dec 18, 17 1:53 PM
Hi, I installed the game and as I launched it to play the demo, it crashed. I uninstalled and reinstalled: Same issue. The game won't run and I get an error message. Nothing works. I have Window 7 and a good computer. I played as an administrator.

Thank you for any help.

bfgArinelle
1,412 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 18, 17 4:06 PM
Hi hobo11 and Ppapier,

It sounds like the game is too big for the screen and is also crashing. Let's see if we can get things working better with some troubleshooting.

For freezing issues, it helps to check for driver updates for both freezes and display issues, since the video card drivers control a lot about how a game looks and performs. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

For display issues in particular, it's a great idea to try adjusting the screen resolution since some games can be picky about the resolution they work best in. Please see this link for more details:

Screen Resolution

It can also help to try the auto-adjust feature available on the monitor itself. The location of this can vary with the model of monitor; some will have a button labeled 'Auto' someone on the monitor itself. If that doesn't seem to be the case for your monitor, there should be a Menu button that will pull up options where "Auto" can be selected.

Should these tips not resolve the situations described, go ahead and send a message to our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We're always happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by pinkpetunias on Dec 18, 17 8:26 PM
I tried downloading and opening 3 times. Neither 7 or 8 will open. I get and error message.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 19, 17 7:49 AM
I'm pretty sure my issue is screen resolution and I cannot change the native settings without being faced with a black desktop and having to jump through too many hoops just to get it back to where it should be. With a non-functioning desktop, right clicking to change things back does not work nor does restarting in safe mode. This is a failure on the developer's part to not support all aspect ratios in their games' coding (has happened before, sometimes a fix is issued, sometimes not).

[Post New]by moonpie00 on Dec 19, 17 8:41 AM
I cannot play Wonderland 8 on my iMac 5K. I had no trouble downloading the game, but when I launched it, it opened up at twice the size of my 27-inch display. No setting on the iMac will make the game small enough to play.

I had just finished replaying Wonderland 7 before I bought 8, and it played perfectly; no issues whatsoever.

My Flash and Shockwave are up to date, and I haven't had other problems with any Big Fish games lately.

How can I fix this so that I can play the game?

[Post New]by pinkpetunias on Dec 19, 17 9:55 AM
I have tried this game and when I go to open it after downloading I get an Se3 application launcher error code. I just bought it!!!!

bfgArinelle
1,412 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 11:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like display issues are the most common thing being reported, and we also have an error coming up when trying to launch the game. For the former, please try out the steps in our Screen Resolution if they haven't been tried already to see if that helps get things looking better. It can also help to try the Auto-Adjust button on the monitor or the Auto option in the Menu for the monitor, depending on the the particular set up for the computer.

We also have an article with specific tips for our Mac users that may be helpful. It can be found here:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For errors when starting a game, the best place to start is uninstalling and reinstalling the game in case something went wrong during the initial installation. After that, it's a good idea to run the game as an Administrator to make sure its files have all the permissions they need to open up and function as they should.

If troubleshooting doesn't resolve the described issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can help us gather information helpful for reporting issues to the appropriate teams. You can also PM me or another Moderator with questions or concerns. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 11:59:39 AM PST

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Dec 19, 17 12:55 PM
Does it seem logical to Big Fish that a play must reset their entire computer to play one game?

bfgArinelle
1,412 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 1:02 PM
Hi Zork1,

I certainly understand if some players do not want to attempt the troubleshooting steps offered when issues arises while playing a game. Most of our troubleshooting tips are designed to help the computer and game both run well. There are literally thousands of combinations of hardware and software types for computers, and sometimes certain combinations need a tweak or two to help it working optimally. Updates can help with games, and they also can help a computer run better in general.

If a player is not comfortable giving the troubleshooting steps a try, sending a message to our Technical Support Team is another route to take. Our Moderators are also always available by PM to answer any questions we can. Please feel free to send us a message whenever you'd like.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Shumana on Dec 19, 17 1:07 PM
Ok, I have tried everything you have instructed us to try, uninstalling the game, uninstalling the game manager, on all of these games, 6, 7 and 8. I have made sure every driver is up to date, etc. It still appears too large on the screen, and no matter what the screen resolution is set to, or any of the other advice, it cannot be played. If you hover over the icon of the game in the task bar, which is visible so you cannot get to the bottom of the game itself, you get a pop up that shows s3e application launcher. This, when clicked on, cannot be loaded nor found on your machine. Note that the earlier versions, 1, 2, and 3 download and perform as they should. Frustration!!! LOL.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 1:09:26 PM PST

[Post New]by mjholmes on Dec 19, 17 3:47 PM
MacOS 10.13.2. Game downloads but will not open. Have tried uninstalling game and reloading twice. Still won't work. Any other suggestions?

Go to: