loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

LEVEL 48

[Post New]by loriaudio on May 16, 10 9:27 PM
im stuck on level 48 required tasks are 4 flowers and 2 fountains they only have 6 urban development spaces so the 2 fountains and 4 flowers have to go there( no other ornaments ( having greater value can be substituted) the happiness level is 450 how do you place the ornaments in order to reach 450( Ive built houses with gardens in all available spaces) but i cant achieve 450 happiness i had all tasks completed only lacking 1 flower( but there was no place to put it) im stuck please help
Lori

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 9:28:50 PM PST

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

Re:LEVEL 48

[Post New]by redrosesdz on May 18, 10 12:24 AM
2 fountains and 4 flowers = 360 happiness. 9 gardens = 90 happiness. 360 + 90 = 450. So, make sure that all 9 of your cabins have gardens.

[Post New]by TikkiQueen on May 18, 10 7:54 AM
Am using the sawmill and market for resources, am able to get all the happiness etc but can't finish in time. Usually this means I should be using something else for resources. Is there a more effective combination? Thanks!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

LEVEL 48

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on May 19, 10 6:06 AM
loriaudio wrote: im stuck on level 48 required tasks are 4 flowers and 2 fountains they only have 6 urban development spaces so the 2 fountains and 4 flowers have to go there( no other ornaments ( having greater value can be substituted) the happiness level is 450 how do you place the ornaments in order to reach 450( Ive built houses with gardens in all available spaces) but i cant achieve 450 happiness i had all tasks completed only lacking 1 flower( but there was no place to put it) im stuck please help
Lori

Level 48 - 2 versions

Level 48 - from the web

Goals

a. 2 Fountains

b. 4 Flowers

c. 450 Happiness

Royal Envoy

1. Build a sawmill.

2. While the sawmill is being built, buy (hire) more workers.

3. Run the sawmill until you have no more money.

4. In the meantime, clear the debris and dig up the treasures.

5. As soon as you have no more money and the sawmill has finished, demolish it.

6. Build a workshop. Start it and keep it running through the rest of the level.

7. Build as many cabins at one time as possible.

8. You don’t need to collect the rent, so side them and add gardens as fast as you can.

9. As soon as you have all the cabins going with gardens, build the 2 fountains.

10. Fill the rest of the spots with flowers.

OR

Level 48 - From Strategy Guide

Hire 6 workers

Build a sawmill, on the cleared lot next to castle and process all the gold to wood

Meanwhile clear all the wood obstructions, dig up the treasure

As soon as you have 2000 units of wood, build a workshop on the lot right above the sawmill

As soon as all the gold is gone, demolish the sawmill and replace it with another workshop.

KEEP BOTH WORKSHOPS RUNNING NON-STOP throughout the level

While all this is going on, build cabins on the 8 vacant lots, put siding and gardens on all 8 cabins.

Forget about the rent.

Put the 4 flowers on the upper 3 improvement lots, and on the bottom one.

Erect 1st fountain on one of 2 improvement lots left, that would be in the middle row

As you near 800 to 900 wood, demolish the 1st workshop you built. That would be the one next the the last improvement lot - the empty one

Replace that workshop with a 9th cabin, put both siding and a garden on it

Erect the 2nd fountain on the last vacant enhancement lot.

No matter how many times I play this level, it's still one of the last I get gold on. Must be a mental block, or maybe there's a bit of luck involved

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Jul 16, 10 2:58 AM
omg this was the only level i got stuck on after playing the whole game all gold several times except for this level thank you sooooo much!

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Jan 18, 11 7:46 PM
Ahhh.... thanks so much! I was stuck on this one, too, and I finally finished it using the 2 workshop method. Gratia!!

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on May 9, 11 8:21 AM
In this kind of level, you find you can achieve your goals with 9 cheap cabins. It's the kind of decision that can really determine if you success at this level. Other levels are more specific about the type of house to build.

The tasks themselves are simple. The tricky part is deciding the correct order to build things. Plus be willing to demolish buildings you no longer need on a lot.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on May 9, 11 6:23 PM
Thank you for your help! I finally finished this level after several tries. I was putting up cabins as i cleared after the sawmill was up and running. i was able to get another run through the sawmill that way. Thanks again for the help.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 11, 11 10:08 AM
Stuck at level 48..

I am stuck at.... need to add a workshop and I have more than enough gold but cannot get a workshop at all. In the instructions above they stated 2 workshops lol I cant even get one.

Any help out there for me???

Thanks

[Post New]by Ll_Gee on Sep 11, 11 10:16 PM
I'm so glad someone has posted on how to get past this level in gold time. I've had the worst luck on this level in expert mode. Thanks!

mareMeva
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by mareMeva on Sep 13, 11 6:13 AM
I enjoy this sort of levels. I used the second described way to do it; first sawmill, then workshop. I did not build cabins but a big home for a big rent first, so I could use the sawmill from time to time.

Building another workshop is not so useful, since destroying the sawmill does not provide you any materials in return, only gold that you cannot use elsewhere, but you need to invest precious logs to build the second workshop. Therefore, you may simply continue using it.

mM

Deewani
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

LEVEL 48 GOLD, EVEN IN EXPERT

[Post New]by Deewani on Sep 30, 11 2:48 AM
1. build SAWMILL on open spot; immediately drain $$ (should be 1600, 1600, 400)

2. hire 6 new workers during construction & have them clear, starting at bottom to get treasure and open lot next to SAWMILL.

3. build WORKSHOP next to SAWMILL ASAP; once complete, start WORKSHOP and keep it running, then demolish SAWMILL (so that you get half the material returned to you); build 2nd WORKSHOP on the same lot, keep it running

4. juggle clearing lots and building huts until all areas are cleared, then keep building huts until all lots are used; don't forget to add SIDING right away, then add GARDENS to each. Ignor collecting money, don't wait for it.

5. build the first fountain (doesn't matter where, but using the middle row for fountains can help you keep straight what you've done), but don't wait for 1500 wood to build the second, instead start putting in flowers (anywhere, but again, using the top row first, then the bottom will help you keep track of what remains--the sooner you can build the fountains, the better, so you can estimate how much wood you need to finish)

6. stop running first WORKSHOP and demolish when timer is about 1/4 left; build a hut, then demolish second WORKSHOP and build another hut. Put GARDENS on both, don't waste time with SIDING for these last two.

You should beat the timer to get gold, even on Expert level.

moochorama
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by moochorama on Mar 31, 12 5:05 PM
I finally managed to get gold on this level (after about 5 tries) with 5 workers and 1 sawmill / workshop. I immediately built the sawmill and trained two workers, then spent all my gold on wood - 1600, 1600, and 800 (at the same time cleaning the debris).

Then I demolished the sawmill and built a workshop, then cleaned the other lots, and kept the workshop running all the time. I built the flowers and fountains first, then started building cabins and gardens, adding siding in between, then demolished the workshop and built a cabin with garden in the last remaining seconds. I finished with only a sliver of yellow left in the counter, hehehe. But still: gold!

Curium255
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Curium255 on Apr 14, 13 11:23 PM
I wanted to post my thanks for the help. This was the only level I couldn't figure out on my own.

For the Record, the "From the Web" strategy (only 1 workshop) worked much better for me.

[Post New]by kalbren2r1 on Aug 12, 14 4:44 PM
Thanks for the strategies, they worked. I tried and tried the level and could not get it. A BIG Thank you for the posted strategies.

Go to: