bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Art Stories

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 17, 10 12:05 AM
Have some Match 3 fun as you play through tons of different adventures in Art Stories! Earn millions of points and use incredible bonuses as you earn awesome achievements. Unveil the secrets of the deep seas, the treasures of lost canyons, and discover the truth behind famous monuments as you progress through each challenging level. Earn new ranks and terrific trophies in Art Stories!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Art Stories

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 17, 10 1:42 AM
HUGE download!

Can only hope it is worth it!

Update after two tries..

Waaa!

Well, on the bright side...

Saving money and computer space

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 3:21:10 PM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on May 17, 10 3:04 AM
Yes, I was thinking that such a huge download would produce something brilliant.....WRONG!
Once I'd figured out how to start playing (& that wasn't obvious!) I found the game was pretty boring & I finally has to turn off the music which got on my nerves, sorry, but this is a BIG for me.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 17, 10 3:58 AM
Huge download, short play. It took me longer to dl than I spent playing. And I LIKE match 3 games.

Tutorial on how to play the game was ok.

Music was lousy , but I turned it way down so that wouldn't really be a problem.

There was no PLAY button. You have to select the level, and the next level wasn't obvious to me and I was only on the 3rd level.

Some powerups (I guessing) that weren't explained - no idea what they did, but they were different from the colored balls around them. You would think they would do something, but I've no idea what.

I stopped on the match red balls to get a cannon ball to destory the ship level. Really! First of all, not many red balls & I did the level twice, so it was very hard to get a cannon ball to shoot. But it was really easy to get other things like water (when you didn't need it) or sand (I think) or a fish (no clue what that was for) or rain cloud (I think & it looked like ot put out the fire on the enemy ship). Died twice. Gave up.

I can only guess that the large file size is due to a lot of animation in the game. But I'll never find out. Deleted it with no desire to try it again at any price.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on May 17, 10 4:05 AM
I just watched the demo and felt it was a negative game for me. The plain colored balls weren't consistent with the theme "Art Stories" at all.

After reading these couple of reviews, I'm not going to bother to download it and see if it's interesting to play or not.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 17, 10 5:08 AM

I found same as katy with power ups and cannon thing- thought it was explained in tutorial but when you played all these different things were happening and not what I was expecting.
I also have no idea why the board m3 kept shaking or that light was buzzing in the bottom left corner.

The idea of bombing the ship would have been ok if you knew what you were doing. When my ship caught fire, by the time I got water the fire had disappeared by itself.

[Post New]by teal464 on May 17, 10 6:26 AM
Im the same as the others, got as far as the pirate ship, died twice and thought Nah not for me, sorry, x

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 17, 10 7:50 AM
I love Match 3's. But.... Not this one. I admit I didn't try the game but looking at the video, bombing ships I would not enjoy.
Can't wait to see what's up for the coming week.

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on May 17, 10 9:41 AM
katy12250 wrote:Huge download, short play. It took me longer to dl than I spent playing. And I LIKE match 3 games.

Tutorial on how to play the game was ok.

Music was lousy , but I turned it way down so that wouldn't really be a problem.

There was no PLAY button. You have to select the level, and the next level wasn't obvious to me and I was only on the 3rd level.

Some powerups (I guessing) that weren't explained - no idea what they did, but they were different from the colored balls around them. You would think they would do something, but I've no idea what.

I stopped on the match red balls to get a cannon ball to destory the ship level. Really! First of all, not many red balls & I did the level twice, so it was very hard to get a cannon ball to shoot. But it was really easy to get other things like water (when you didn't need it) or sand (I think) or a fish (no clue what that was for) or rain cloud (I think & it looked like ot put out the fire on the enemy ship). Died twice. Gave up.

I can only guess that the large file size is due to a lot of animation in the game. But I'll never find out. Deleted it with no desire to try it again at any price.

As far as I am concerned, you hit the nail on the head! No buy. Sad part is I have a coupon expiring at the end of the month - and I can't find anything to spend it on! And I love M3s

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 17, 10 10:24 AM
I really wanted to like this game, but unfortunately I encountered the following difficulties:

I did make it past the first ship but died when I got to the second ship sequence. Like some of you have already said, I couldn't figure out what some of the powerups were for and I also died without knowing either why I had died or how I could have prevented it. The game needs better instructions in this regard.

I will be watching this forum to see if someone comes along who can provide a good explanation of the play mechanics.

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 10:35:10 AM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 17, 10 7:08 PM
I agree with all of the above. I played for about 45 minutes (after I finally figured out how to start) and got through a number of EXTREMELY boring regular M3 levels and 3 "fights." The first "fight" was explained in a tutorial, but after that you were on your own to try to guess what you were supposed to do. This game was a combination of extreme boredom and frustration, and it's a definite "no buy" for me. The fact that it's a HUGE download also didn't help. I'm still trying to figure out WHY ON EARTH they called it "Art Stories." Is there anything at all about art anywhere in this game?

[Post New]by npnight13 on Jul 2, 11 5:45 AM
I have been searching the world wide web for instructions on how to play this game. By pure luck I have been able to move forward and I'm on map "2" (I'll take the game's word for it) and I cannot pass a level and even switched to relaxed mode after trying it countless times in timed mode) and I can't win in relaxed mode either - yet I manage to clear all the plates each time but my score is never high enough and I can't figure out how to get it higher. I know it has something to do with 'chaining' because the number in the upper right keeps getting higher (x2, x3 etc...) but then I lose the chain and it starts at x1 but I'm not sure HOW I'm losing the chain because I keep that left column all lit up and the shaking screen also irritates me. As with other reviewers, no idea why it's called Art Stories. Maybe some guy named Art could enlighten us

Go to: