katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Counting the days.....

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 17, 10 4:59 AM
10! since we had a decent game and I'm not counting Love Chronicles which came out as a CE or the lame Mystery Cruise or the not quite there Lost Lagoon. Guess I'm saving money :-)

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Counting the days.....

[Post New]by SeaMoon on May 17, 10 5:40 AM
I agree katejoe999. This has been a really bad month for good quality games at this site...I hope things change soon or I will have to choose another site as my first "go to game site" to get the best games. Has anyone heard from BF as to why the selections have been so weak?

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on May 17, 10 5:53 AM
BF normally does not give any comment on what kind of games they release.
(would be odd if BF would react: yes, our games are weak)

lMO its a matter of take it or leave it.
Or: grin and bear it.

Do remember: BF games always run smooth and proper and CS is superb.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on May 17, 10 6:57 AM
I agree again CS is the best and the games do run well, but if the games are not good and they are a no purchase, what difference does it make? Please do not get me wrong, I love this game site and in so doing I guess I expect more. I will just be patient and see what they have in store for us. But it is good to know that others feel as I do.

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 6:58:26 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 17, 10 7:08 AM
I can`t agree, I like the games from the last days - I loved Sallys Salon, Love Chronicles, Youda Safari, Pizza Chef 2. Lost Lagoon is also good, but a little bit to short for buying it.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 17, 10 7:21 AM
It has been sparse for me because I don't like TMs but some of those looked good to me just the same and I felt good for TM lovers. HOGs have not been too good. I have seldom met an M3 I didn't like. I thought that this game, apart from some oddities was a good, different M3. I'd recommend that M3 lovers at least give it a try. Ariadne's Journey was also a good M3 and i bought it. I will not buy this one, too fast for me.

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on May 17, 10 7:36 AM
I agree that I've bypassed even trying many of the games in the past few days. The upside is that I have time to play the games I've purchased and haven't finished because of a glut of great trial games.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 17, 10 7:45 AM
I still think it's due to the season. Summer: busy, outside, holidays, etc.
I didn't research it, but I bet that if you took an inventory of your games you would find that you may have purchases a lot less in the months of May-July.

And also, the kids are going to be home from school so they might be playing a few games.

Well, just a thought. It will, I predict, be a BANG of a Fall season.

I to GrandWeeze will be playing older games I've purchases and some that I have not finished. And the extra money I put in my pocket will go toward a much needed vacation this year.

Go out and enjoy the sunshine everyone. Vitamin D, get it!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 17, 10 8:47 AM
Books are on my buy list again.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on May 17, 10 9:48 AM
Thank you to all of you wonderful fish friends for putting things in perspective!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 17, 10 11:00 AM
I have a question for those of you who think BFG is at fault for not giving us enough good games recently. Have you looked at other sites? There is nothing much there either. I think writing good games is often a cyclical thing. Someone develops something new and others jump on anything new that sells, then there's a lull. Right now, there isn't that much that I like (I happen to love word games, like Haiku Journey, and there's been an absolute drought of those). Still, I've enjoyed some weird games like Oriental Dreams and Bato, which I got cheap thanks to BFG's generosity with its customers. I figure it's not BFG's fault that I hate time management games and HOG's that require you to search around for the next thing to do.

And now a message for game developers: This is the time to come out with the great new thing!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 17, 10 12:23 PM
I think that's the point: Isn't game quality a matter of developers? BF doesn't create that many games and it has to settle for what other developers offer in order to keep the "a new game every day policy". I have actually come to suspect maybe we are getting more than one game per day for a while now in order to compensate the quality and to try to provide wider scope of options for the customers.

It would be great if the BFG and other companies offered feedback of customer opinion to the developers. And who knows, maybe we are entering a creative crisis. It happens every once in a while.

I hope biomix's prediction is correct!

Happy gaming.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 17, 10 12:36 PM
Like others here, I also get a bit frustrated when new quality games are thin on the ground - but it gives me a chance to go back and play some of the wonderful games i've acquired from BF over the couple of years I've subscribed to this exellent site.

I've had a great time playing all my favourites: Azada, Heroes of Hellas, Lucky's Rainbow, Enlightenus .. all the MCF's - Ravenhearst, Return to Ravenhearst, Dire Grove etc .. .. And it's given me the chance to re-play all the more recent games too, like 'Bitten', and Settlement (beautiful game), Empress of the Deep and Briar Rose.

It must be difficult for any game site to consistently provide games of the quality of the above, but patience little Fishies! .. I'm sure BF will come up with the goods pretty soon.
In fact I'm sure of it.

Jo

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 17, 10 3:30 PM
I agree - I have been replaying similar games. Has made me realise how many I have!
Just had a look at Mudrocks post and it looks like some possibles for this week. I'm looking forward to the Brunhilda game too.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on May 17, 10 5:46 PM
I am not in any way defending BF ,but remember they give us 1 game everyday ,which could be sacrificing quality for quantity, maybe if they change to 1 game weekly the developers would have more time to produce better games.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 17, 10 7:44 PM
ecblisa wrote:I have a question for those of you who think BFG is at fault for not giving us enough good games recently. Have you looked at other sites? There is nothing much there either. I think writing good games is often a cyclical thing. Someone develops something new and others jump on anything new that sells, then there's a lull. Right now, there isn't that much that I like (I happen to love word games, like Haiku Journey, and there's been an absolute drought of those). Still, I've enjoyed some weird games like Oriental Dreams and Bato, which I got cheap thanks to BFG's generosity with its customers. I figure it's not BFG's fault that I hate time management games and HOG's that require you to search around for the next thing to do.

And now a message for game developers: This is the time to come out with the great new thing!

I agree. I have hopped around to some other sites & found that, in spite of everything, BF still has the best quality games - not saying too much some times, but it does look like we're in game development (or maybe games release) lull.

I imagine if BF wanted to up the price, they might get some better quality games, but would we still be here then? I like the price here and don't mind that I may have to go several days without buying a game. If I didn't buy another game the rest of this year, I have enough to keep me busy!

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

[Post New]by cucumber89 on May 17, 10 7:49 PM
I agree Katy! With all the games I already have, I am plenty busy with those. I don't NEED to buy a game a day. Doesn't anyone, really? lol

My wallet is happy that every single game doesn't appeal to me. That would be very expensive, very quick!

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 7:50:20 PM PST

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on May 18, 10 2:44 AM
candycreme wrote:I am not in any way defending BF ,but remember they give us 1 game everyday ,which could be sacrificing quality for quantity, maybe if they change to 1 game weekly the developers would have more time to produce better games.

Well, developers would have the same amount of time. No-one forces them to put games on sale. You would just have not that many games... and not that many developers around.... which would probably lead to lower quality games (less competition, big aversion for risk taking).

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on May 18, 10 8:34 PM
I don't think developers used the same amount of time in some of the games we had this month as when they created Ravenhearst ,Retunt to Ravenhearst ,Enlightenous ,The Chosen Child etc .Compare them to the ones we had this month.

Go to: