bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Art Stories technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 17, 10 6:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Post any Art Stories technical issues here only

[Post New]by arthurC on May 17, 10 10:18 AM
I hadn't even opened the game before the cursor started to play up. I had to delete it straight away. Pity because it looks like a good game.
JO

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 17, 10 12:16 PM
The two times I tried to run this game my computer froze. The first time I got passed the menu screen and as it loaded the game it forze (in the loader screen) and complete disaster: Was not even able to emergency shut down, I had to unplug my computer (WIndows XP pro O.S).
Second time I tried in a different computer (Windows Vista O.S) and I got to the first tutorial and the yellow ball icon would not disappear, nor the ghost of the text box. I decided not to pursue further. I was looking forward to this game but after the registry cleaning I am having to do in both my computers after installing it I'm simply deleting if ASAP. The bright side I guess is that according to the reviews on the other thread I am not missing much.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 17, 10 2:46 PM
When I clicked Play Now on BF game manager, all that came up was music and a box in the task bar at the bottom of the screen with the game name on it.

Update and resolution of problem: Resolution apparently *was* the problem. When I changed my screen resolution from 800x600 to something higher, it ran just fine.

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 2:00:08 AM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 22, 10 8:44 PM
Initially cursor froze instantly upon opening, too (plus it opened in windowed mode rather than full screen). Only I was dumb enough to sit a bit & grind my teeth over that excessively loud & irksome music I couldn't get rid of & it unfroze. Typed in name & clicked Create & it froze again. This time I got tired of waiting & went to bring up Task Mgr. Well, the entire screen went to jagged lines & I got a balloon pop-up that said "display driver stopped working but has recovered" & the game popped back in but still frozen so I tried bringing up Task Mgr again. This bought me the Blue Screen of Death & my pc autorebooted w/ an error msg that the game was gonna harm Windows if it didn't. I have the latest NVIDIA update from Apr so this should NOT NOT NOT happen. Of course I uninstalled b/c I do NOT play games that are a hazard to my computer!

Lately there have been quite a few demos that are simply unplayable. Stuff I can't play here I can play fine elsewhere. And all the issues I've had w/ BFG demos occurred after the last Game Mgr update. But they don't seem to want to hear that so meh, if I can't play a game here but I can anywhere else, then I will also buy it somewhere else if it's good.

Go to: