bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any Fairway Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 17, 10 9:48 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to Fairway Solitaire Help or Fairway Solitaire Blast Help. Using Fairway Solitaire Help or Fairway Solitaire Blast Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Fairway Solitaire Help or Fairway Solitaire Blast Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact the Fairway Solitaire Support Team HERE and Fairway Solitaire Blast Support Team HERE.

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 4:27:28 PM PST

Re:Post any Fairway Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by BernieH2H on May 20, 10 10:23 AM
I did all the things suggested in the technical pages. I've even sent a message to customer support. My problem is that I really want this game but I want it at the catch of the day price.

I use an Acer Aspire One with Windows XP. I keep getting a sharing violation when I hit "play". I can see the shop. I can see the trophy room -- no problems.

I updated Shockwave and Adobe and my video card. I changed the resolution of the screen. I made sure my teatimer was turned off. I even turned off my firewall to try. Nothing has worked.

Anyone else have any ideas?

[Post New]by peaceluve07 on May 22, 10 2:38 PM
I currently have windows 7. I love this game! I really want to be able to play it on my home computer. I have tried to do the compatability under properties but it doesn't work. How can I get this game to play in the Windows XP version with out going through properties?

[Post New]by Kikthegame on Jul 5, 10 7:46 PM
I JUST downloaded the one hour trial version of Fairway Solitaire, and as soon as it was done installing, it said "Time's Up" why couldn't I play it for an hour? it said I would be able to on the Fairway Solitaire page, how do I know if I want to buy it if I don't get to try it?

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 16, 10 1:06 AM
Has anyone else had this problem? I have been replaying Fairway Solitaire for the last month or so (it is a long game after all, lol), but over the last couple of weeks, the screen keeps going black and taking me back to my Desktop. I have to click on the game icon to get back to where I was - luckily it doesn't actually boot me right out of the game

My computer is only about 10 months old and I am using Windows 7. That is why I am wondering if there is a compatability issue. Any ideas?

Jen.

[Post New]by abiona19 on Aug 20, 10 6:18 PM
hi guys im an aussie player who bought fairway solitaire back in may and have played ever since. now im up to about course 54 SEASPRAY which says u need over $21000 to a dvance to next levels ...well ive ha d over $21000 three times but wont advance to the next level .... anyone else have this problem, help desk suggested reloading the game but im frightenend ill loose all the previous games >>>they say i wont ...BUT ????
anyone else have any suggestions or has happene d to you ????

[Post New]by mcfadzp on Sep 4, 10 2:27 PM
Mystery Madness. Really tough course. says you need -5 or better to unlock The Baron - the only course I've not yet played. So I finally got -5, but the Baron didn't unlock because, if you go to that course, it says you need -10 or better on Mystery Madness to unlock it. This should be fixed. -5 is hard enough

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by chaka4 on Sep 17, 10 11:54 PM
Hi,

I bought this game about a week ago and totally LOVE it. However I noticed the last couple days the sound keeps cutting out. It was working fine until a day or so ago. No other game or program has this issue, just Fairway Solitaire. It's driving me crazy. I really didn't want to untinstall and reinstall as I would lose my stats. Any other suggestions? Does anyone else have this issue?

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

sound not working

[Post New]by chaka4 on Sep 18, 10 6:25 PM
Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing changed. In fact even my player profile is in tact. So the sound of the golf hits and splashing of water hazards and the crowds, they all go in and out and it is driving me crazy! I even updated my soundcard driver, but that didn't help either. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 6:30:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Lyn201 on Sep 20, 10 10:42 AM
I am stuck at the Kipling Course. I have gotten over $8,000 numerous times, but it won't open the Morgan Brook course. I have uninstalled the game a bunch of times and re-installed, but I just played Kipling course again and got over $8,000 and stil no Morgan Brook.

Please help.

Lyn

hms90
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by hms90 on Nov 5, 10 2:52 AM
I'm having some issues.

My fairway solitaire game was working fine until i installed the update of Java on 26th of September, after that i would start to load the game, and the start would load but then it would come up with an error about the graphics. I uninstalled Java and it's still not working.

Do i need to uninstall fairway solitaire again and reinstall or how can i fix this problem?

[Post New]by mollyb_indy on Nov 8, 10 12:48 PM
We have been using Mac version of Fairway Solitaire for over a month, and now, once it is almost done, the screen is pixilated(?) Even uninstalled the game and reinstalled from CD that i had purchased, but it still comes up the same. What is wrong?

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

sound not working

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Dec 28, 10 1:19 PM
chaka4 wrote:Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing changed. In fact even my player profile is in tact. So the sound of the golf hits and splashing of water hazards and the crowds, they all go in and out and it is driving me crazy! I even updated my soundcard driver, but that didn't help either. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

I am having this same problem. I am running this on Windows 7 where I was using XP, but it was working for a while on 7 before it started having problems.

[Post New]by dvlarry79 on Jan 2, 11 9:39 PM
I have played the mystery madness level several times and have completed it. I get the amount listed and it tells me I can go on to the next level and then I cant play the next level because it says I didn't complete the challenge. Please let me know if any one else has this issue and what to do to correct it.

[Post New]by barney1660 on Apr 29, 11 7:20 AM
I have been playing Fairway Solitaire on Windows 7 when my computer locked up, since then when I run the game I get the following message:

unable to load Data/Graphics/title/snapshot/lady_pic_36553975.png.

I cannot find this file anywhere on my computer, I tried re-installing game but still get this error

Any suggestions

[Post New]by sarahecat on Jun 2, 11 5:34 PM
I am having trouble with mystery madness level. I earned over 8000 points and it would still not open the next level. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I get out of this level?

Thank you

[Post New]by LnClayton on Sep 7, 11 4:05 PM
Mystery Madness is making this Miss VERY Mad. Lots of glitches (games end before all holes OR cards have been played, for instance) and just does Not let mget to the next level.

Just so you all know you are not alone.

Thank you

[Post New]by Prilly1977 on Oct 2, 11 9:39 AM
I also am having problems with the sound. Some of the sounds are there and some are not. The sounds of the cards are not there. When I restart the game the sound will be there for a little bit and then it starts to cut in and out and finally it's gone completely. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really need sound. I just bought the game yesterday and I love it but I really need sound. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that did nothing!! Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!! I'm running Windows Vista 64-Bit.

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Oct 16, 11 6:54 PM
I've looked into the sounds disappearing issue since I started getting it too on my new Windows 7 machine and have made a fix. I'll send the fix to BFG soon.

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Oct 16, 11 6:56 PM
Also I have made a workaround for the lady_pic_36553975.png bug that allows you to get back into the game again. I haven't sent it to BFG yet though.

Go to: