ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

A few hints (not spoilers)

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 17, 10 10:37 AM
I have only played this game for two hours, but some hints seem to be needed, so I'll give it a go. Check back for possible amendments later.

1. The game obviously has many levels. It starts at the upper left with a tutorial. Once you have found that, the next level is either a small green dot or a large circle around a picture level. You can replay any level that has been unlocked.

2. The "ordinary" levels are regular Match-3 levels with the usual obstacles like hardened tiles, cages around tokens, and such. There is a gage on the left that shows you the multiplier level. This is driven by how fast you are making matches. Because I have arthritic hands and cannot do fast mouse movements, I have been passing the latest levels with low scores because I lose the multiplier regularly.

3. The "picture" levels require you to figure out which color balls get you which items to drop, and whether those help or hurt you (except for the first one, which has a tutorial). The usefulness of an item may be hard to figue out, and two items may need to interact. I will give only one example in order not to spoil anyone's game: In the Pumpkin Patch scene, the crows carry away the pumpkins. There are various ways to get rid of crows. One is to drop bombs, which they think are pumpkins, so they carry them away and don't return.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:A few hints (not spoilers)

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 17, 10 10:43 AM
Sorry -- ran out of space, so here's #4:

While playing the "regular" levels, focus on doing 4-way matches to get the charged dots. Leave them be a while and many of them will match themselves. Don't blow up all the "special" tokens right away. For one thing, they change the board, and you might have some really good matches sitting there that you don't want to lose. Also, figure out how the "paint bucket" power-ups work and use that to your advantage. A very nice move is to combine two charged tokens in a single match-4. Try that one!

[Post New]by so_compusing on May 18, 10 5:56 PM

Thanks,ecblisa, for the help and encouragement! I may have bought it too soon from the many negatives, but it's blurb indicated many levels and rich environment.

Where's the Art? Where are the history stories?

I have very little use of my hand, so if it's a race, I'm doomed!

The explanation on the pumpkins helped a lot. I couldn't figure out ANY cause & effect, either on getting he items to drop, or what they are for~ but if, as you say, it's about figuring it out~this could keep me busy for months!

[Post New]by starrangel on May 20, 10 2:53 PM
the level after cinderellas garden,keeps telling me I failed,I play untimed mode. what I,am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by JanuaryLove on Jun 9, 10 7:40 PM
starrangel wrote:the level after cinderellas garden,keeps telling me I failed,I play untimed mode. what I,am I doing wrong?

I'm having the same problem. I was passing levels without a problem until I got to this level & I cannot seem to pass it. Does anyone know why or have any hints to help?

And thanks to the OP for the tips.

crispinscot
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by crispinscot on Nov 29, 13 9:14 AM
Has anyone got past the level 2 on from the digging one towards the end of the game?
It requires 15000 to get on to the next round. I'm lucky if I get 7000. Is there a trick to this? Should I begin with bottom left section, upper left section or right section in the middle. I've tried it under 3 diffferent personas and always get stuck on this level. Thanks Crispinscot

Go to: