Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 19, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 8:20:49 AM PST

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Dec 19, 17 6:44 AM
Game won't load

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 8:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 9:04 AM
Hi debbie6754,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to load up. When a game doesn't seem to want to open up so it can be played, there are some things we can adjust to try to get the game to get along better with the current setup of the computer system. The first things to check on are any possible updates for the software and drivers that help the game work well. It's also a good idea to run the game as an Administrator to make sure the game has all the permissions it needs to work well. Steps for each of these can be found at the following links:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Should the issue continue after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also happy to answer any additional questions by PM, so feel free to send one our way.

bfgArinelle

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Dec 19, 17 9:56 AM
The game problems started after a new Windows build called Fall Collectors update. Lots of games are having issues.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 11:42 AM
Hi debbie6754,

If the issue is happening with multiple games, definitely send in a message to our Technical Support Team so they can gather information helpful for tracking and reporting such difficulties. We're very sorry to hear this is happening, and hopefully our Tech Support team will be able to help get things working better again!

Please feel free to PM me if there are remaining questions. I'll be happy to help out as best I can.

bfgArinelle

Toucan8727
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Toucan8727 on Dec 20, 17 1:01 PM
I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Completed all the steps from the help center and game simply will not load. It creates the icon on task bar and when I hover over it, it shows black screen - yet I can hear the game music. I tried running it with Windows 8 and that did not correct the issue either. Please have the creator send out an update since so many people are having the same issue and who obviously want to play game like myself.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Dec 20, 17 1:15 PM
same issue, current win 10 64 set up

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 20, 17 1:28 PM
Hi Toucan8727 and jtrigg,

I'm sorry to hear you're both running into the same issue. If the troubleshooting steps mentioned above (checking for video card driver updates, running the game as an Administrator, etc) have not resolved the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can gather information helpful for passing along reports of issues our players have run into.

You can also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We always are glad to lend a hand however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jsmith131 on Dec 20, 17 3:09 PM
Just updated my Mac OS to High Sierra and not sure if it's the update or the game, but it's constantly freezing.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 20, 17 4:29 PM
Hi jsmith131,

Freezing could definitely make it difficult to play the game. For Mac systems, the troubleshooting we can do is a bit more limited, but we can look into reinstalling the software that Mac games tend to depend on (Flash, Shockwave). If there's been a recent OS update, those other programs may also need updating to catch up with the changes to the operating system. For steps on how to do this, please visit the following link:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should the issue persist after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever there are additional questions. We're always happy to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Cindylovesgames on Dec 20, 17 4:32 PM
I wish I had read this before purchasing this game. I cannot get it to run.

[Post New]by nichosh on Dec 20, 17 9:13 PM
same issue as above. game appears on the icon bar at the bottom, but won't load and run. takes time off my free trial even though I can't actually play it.

tonker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tonker on Dec 21, 17 11:48 AM
same issue as above. game appears on the icon bar at the bottom, but won't load and run. takes time off my free trial even though I can't actually play it.

lmrf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by lmrf on Dec 21, 17 2:57 PM
Elven Legend 5: The Fateful Tournament CE and Rose Riddle: The Fairy Tale Detective CE are also affected since the Windows 10 update.

Finally got the games referenced above, plus several others, including New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 CE to run: Went into System Display settings and changed the Scale and Layout Resolution from 1600 x 900 (recommended) to 1280 x 768. Not ideal, but it games will open!

Edited on 12/26/2017 at 6:51:05 PM PST

barmoodie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Dec 22, 17 7:29 AM
I am having the same issue have followed all the help provided and still only getting the icon in the task bar with a blank screen Windows 10

[Post New]by jroxit on Dec 26, 17 7:29 AM
Hi! Was loving this game...however, I got a popup error message about the game not "writing", now...all the user names read "Eugene". I cannot delete/create a new player and the game freezing once I put my name in.

Please help!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 27, 17 2:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been additional issues with the game not opening up fully when the Play button is clicked. If the aforementioned troubleshooting has not resolved the issue (running the game as an Administrator, checking for video card drive updates), it may help to try out the tip lmrf mentioned. Here it is for reference:

Went into System Display settings and changed the Scale and Layout Resolution from 1600 x 900 (recommended) to 1280 x 768. Not ideal, but it games will open!

For what you're describing, jroxit, it sounds like something may have gone wrong with the save profile for the game. One thing we can try is to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that gets things working better. If not, please send me a PM that includes the operating system on your computer, and I can provide some additional tips that may be helpful.

Should the described issues persist after trying out these troubleshooting steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so we can better track these reports. Our Moderator Team is also available by PM to answering any remaining questions we can. We're always happy to help.

bfgArinelle

barmoodie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Jan 2, 18 4:29 AM
Thank you Imrf for your help, indeed it is not ideal but I am now able to play the game. Really upsetting though that the Admin are less than able to help out on these occasions always offering the same solutions, even after many are telling them they have tried all they suggest!

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 4:30:16 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 2, 18 1:56 PM
Hi barmoodie,

I'm glad to hear that the tip from lmrf was able to help in this situation. Our Moderator team is happy to offer the suggestions we have available to try. The troubleshooting we can offer is generally fairly limited, so it's great when other players can step in with ideas on what worked for them. Working together as a team is part of what our forum community is about!

On occasions when none of the tips offered help, the best course is reaching out to our Technical Support Team so they can provide additional assistance, including gathering information helpful for passing along reports of issues our players have run into. We really appreciate everyone's patience and understanding in those types of situations.

If there are other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to one of our Moderators by PM. We'll be glad to answer any questions we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: