Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 19, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 8:22:37 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 19, 17 6:21 AM
I loved the other 3 'New Yankee' games; tricky to achieve 3 stars, they had loads of 'replay-ability' and I spent hours trying to get gold on all the levels. But the developer has ruined this 4th game by adding the skeletons to the very early levels; in the previous games they didn't appear until further into the game.

The graphics have been updated and are crisp and colourful. John and Mary have both had makeovers and the workers at last look normal, rather than flopping about like extras from old episodes of Thunderbirds! Even the skeletons look less creepy, which personally I think is a pity.

Ah yes, the skeletons. Choose the bonus the says 'the skeletons appear less often' and the very next level, you're overrun with them In fact they've pretty much taken over the game to such an extent that you now have guard towers on almost every level; manned by a worker, he will kill the skeletons for you (if you can kill a skeleton, since it isn't actually alive!). He gets rid of them anyway and John gets the ones where the guard towers aren't manned.

Trouble is that's one less worker to do other jobs; take away one in the sawmill, one in the flour mill and one in the gold mine and you're often left with a single worker to achieve all the tasks! Prioritising the resources you really need is a must but handily there is a built in SG to help you complete the levels. It also shows on which levels the puzzle pieces are located; part of the extras is a jigsaw to complete. I didn't notice what else was included.

I was glad to see the dev include a 'relaxed' option; no timer, so you can play through the game to work out strategies before tackling the timed mode. In spite of my disappointment at the over abundance of skeletons, I will buy this CE; there are so few good quality TM/builder type CE's released that I can't afford to let this one pass me by! But a word to the developer.....if you plan to release part 5, less please!

Demo lasted full 60 minutes. No technical issues on desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 8:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 4 Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 19, 17 12:40 PM

The graphics have improved significantly, but I was disappointed that they didn't release another Christmas themed Time Management game. Again, I'm also not thrilled that this game is offered as a Collector's Edition, because I personally don't see a need for a Strategy Guide, and I could care less about Wallpapers and Music, so perhaps I'll revisit the Standard Edition version when that is released.

There are the usual Time Management tasks, of clearing paths, harvesting food, cutting down trees, repairing bridges, and gathering other resources. Mana is gathered to cast spells which give you Faster Workers, Faster growing Crops, and instant Tree regrowth etc. Building of various types must be built,. Sawmills, Foundy's, and other buildings that help you replenish resources faster to meet the level goals. Skeleton's have returned, and if you don't click on them fast enough, the workers get scared off an the tasks selected will need reclicked if the workers retreat.

I liked this TM game, I just didn't love it. I found there to be too many workers, too many of the same task items, and too difficult to achieve Gold Status. I like levels to have a lot of different tasks, not 20 gold piles, 15 trees, 25 wheat fields. There's no variation in the levels, so I quickly became bored with the repetitiveness. I did enjoy finding the Puzzle Piece in each level, but more CE collectibles may have helped persuade me to shell out the big bucks!

This Collector's Edition version has 30 Achievements to earn, Movies, 10 Music Soundtracks, 5 Wallpapers, Collectible Puzzle Pieces to assemble a Jigsaw Puzzle, a Strategy Guide and Bonus CE levels, enjoy!

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Dec 19, 17 7:49 PM
One of the worst TM's I've ever played. The skeletons are everywhere, and I had to click on each one multiple times until it "took" to get the guy to scare them away. And building resource buildings doesn't help unless you assign a worker, and even then I couldn't see any resources accumulating. And that takes away from your total number of workers. Then there are the stupid "spells" which require mana, which has to be collected by the workers that you never have enough of, and it's all just too, too frustrating to be any fun at all. And I'm one who plays even the worst of the worst TM's, but this one is hopeless, IMO. I changed my mind - it is THE worst one ever.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Dec 20, 17 4:39 PM
I liked this game! It was hard to get 3 stars on most of the levels past 5. My main gripe is there should have been a link to the strategy guide in the levels instead of having to go through the menu every time.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Dec 28, 17 4:58 PM
I Love TM games and the CE's and I hope they keep them coming, they are so much better than the boredom of the HO and match 3 games that we were drowning in. What kind of fun would New Yankee be if it was not a challenge? This game is another great addition to this series.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jan 16, 18 4:22 PM
What a difficult and very strange game this is. I don't know whether to scream or play it. The villainous skeletons are popping up all the time, you have to refresh your memory what the heck the tasks are, and perpetually, you need mana from somewhere to keep going--if you remember. Oh did I mention, this describes level 3.

I think you need a very patient and particular mindset to persevere with this one. Otherwise, I'm highly grateful there's a demo with no strings attached.

(still don't know whether to buy it).

[Post New]by bahasibs on Jan 21, 18 11:39 AM
Very disappointed in this version of New Yankee. I loved the earlier ones, including the Christmas version, but this one is too frustrating. As you go through the levels, you are occasionally given the option of 3 bonuses to choose from...but you can't change the bonus later if you determine the bonus you chose is actually detrimental to the game play. I've reached gold on all levels up to 33. No matter how many times I play 33, including following the strategy guide play by play, I cannot get all of the Ice Witches because I chose the "shorter night" and "witches appear less frequently" as two of my bonuses.

It's frustrating that I have to restart the game and choose different bonuses when I get to those selections. I may never finish with gold on all levels if I have to restart over and over again.

IMO, poor choice by the developers re: the inability to change bonuses.

[Post New]by LuckyLin1a on Mar 20, 18 9:10 AM
I am about in mid 40's of this game and by reading this, I see there was a CE so I will prob. start over. Is it worth it?

This game has a lot to do with learn as you go. For example, some levels have endless skeletons. What I found is that the walks on which some of them enter the game are sometimes blocked with something such as a pile of rocks. So I try to get done what I can before I let them in. Also be sure to read the list of what u have to do so u can focus resources such as manna, wood, gold, etc. I also realized it's very impt. to build facilities first--mill, saw mill, foundry (at some levels guard houses or tents) and keep your workers fed. Once u have facilities done, u can use them as a place to hide your workers while the witches, skeletons, come thru. Enjoy!

Go to: