bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 18, 10 12:05 AM
Find mystery, magic, and tantalizing romance in this Hidden Object game! Play as the psychically-gifted Dela Reese and escape China with the love of your life! Dive into danger as Dela purchases an ancient riddle box, containing Hari, a 7-foot tall warrior who has been imprisoned for 2000 years. Help the two of them thwart assassins who seek the power of the box and find a way to return home in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box!

Please note: this game contains romantic themes.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 18, 10 12:19 AM
Intriguing plot, mini-tiny objects, put "dark on dark", slow hints refill...

I'll wait for the CE - at least can find there high quality.

Where are the BF hits???:
- Edgar Allen Poe - The Cat
- Edgar Allen Poe - Salem Witches
- The Void (stunning!)

BF, you have them - we want them!!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 18, 10 12:58 AM
i allready bought this elsewhere...i really liked it. a bit different than the norm

[Post New]by MaryMeerkat on May 18, 10 1:08 AM
bella81762 wrote:i allready bought this elsewhere...i really liked it. a bit different than the norm

I did the same thing, and it's a pretty good game! Glad it finally came to BigFish! I agree with Bella that it's not a typical hidden object game. But it isn't a bad thing to me. Pretty good story too!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 18, 10 1:21 AM
This game was a nice IHOG, though some fishies may not appreciate the objects being so small. I didn't care for it too much. I know there were a couple of fishies that were waiting for this one, so to you all....I hope you all enjoy and Happy Gaming!!!

[Post New]by pawnbomb on May 18, 10 1:43 AM
I played the demo and I thought the story was really good. The puzzles are pretty easy though, but there is a far share of them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the play time of this game?

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 18, 10 1:50 AM
To: pawnbomb I am sure someone will answer your question, as for me that is one of the reasons why I am leary to purchase some of these games. Sometimes they can be rather short. Have a great week and Happy Gaming!!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on May 18, 10 1:54 AM
This game comes with a romantic theme warning Downloading now then off to try it....

[Post New]by MaryMeerkat on May 18, 10 1:55 AM
pawnbomb wrote:I played the demo and I thought the story was really good. The puzzles are pretty easy though, but there is a far share of them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the play time of this game?

Hey pawnbomb. It took me quite a while to play through this game the first time. I can't remember exactly but I think I took 6 hours? I found it to be decently long. If you go for it I hope you enjoy it as I did!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 18, 10 2:00 AM
pawnbomb wrote:I played the demo and I thought the story was really good. The puzzles are pretty easy though, but there is a far share of them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the play time of this game?

Hi pawnbomb

Playitme will vary a lot between users as this is a puzzle intensive game. Some puzzles may take a while to solve depending on skills of particular puzzle- also depending if you choose to skip them.

I skipped quite a few of the puzzles- especially the jigsaw shape style as they are time consuming and I personalll do not like those.
I also spent a LOT of time searching for the tiny items in the hidden object screens- others may find the objects more easily.

So saying that the game took me approx 6 hours to play.

Also note the puzzles do increase in diffiiculty as the game progresses

The game is good value.

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 3:10:01 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 18, 10 2:13 AM
I enjoyed the Demo and bought this one despite several too-small objects. Most HOGs lately have very small objects. It is my understanding that the audience for Casual games is made up mostly of adults and many of them older like me. A lot of us just do not have perfect vision. I wish the Devs of these games would consider that and at least include some kind of magnifier.

I enjoyed the minis, not too easy and not too hard. There are some new takes on some old minis that make them fun again. I like the mystery. I just finished the Demo so I do not know how long the game is but I think it will be a good length if the size of the game is any indicator. The cartoon art, although not my favorite style, is well done and colorful. The music is OK. It does worry me that this is "Part 1" which indicates I will not be able to finish it for who knows how long.

This is a good game to break the week long dry spell.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on May 18, 10 2:29 AM
I like this game a lot. Good plot - Nice, original and not too easy mini games - not too many hidden objects to look for and only the ones you need (much better than just looking for a lot of objects you don't need...)
I think this one is a buyer !!!
Raska

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 2:29:48 AM PST

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on May 18, 10 2:51 AM
I think this game is really good, its a little different from the usual and I am finding it quite relaxing. Will defo buy.

Itrigued to find out what the romantic themes are.

Could do with some romance in my life!!!!!

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 2:53:36 AM PST

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on May 18, 10 3:24 AM
I may seem not so bright, but at the very beginning I found all the weapons, the statues, the sheet music, & the key, but where is the "wardrobe" I'm supposed to open w/ the key?

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on May 18, 10 3:41 AM
pawnbomb wrote:I played the demo and I thought the story was really good. The puzzles are pretty easy though, but there is a far share of them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the play time of this game? [/quot

Just checked the walkthrough: there are 15 levels.
Everyone seems to be saying about 6 hours
Sounds good to me

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 18, 10 3:43 AM
I have bought this game because overall, I really like the game play, and the puzzles are great.....I like the overall theme, not long ago was in China myself... but oh, the romantic dialogue - worse than Wedge and Brooke from the Bold and the Beautiful!! LOL.

A good game though....enjoying it.

Rebeca Lily I have not heard of The Void? Though can't wait for the Midnight Mystery ones you mention. Also The Heritage coming up soon on Gamezebo looks really good. I am checking that site all the time for new releases. BF has been getting the new games in really quickly lately. Happy gaming everyone.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on May 18, 10 3:58 AM
I also tried the Demo from another site and long before
the hour was over, I bought it.
True, some of the hidden objects are small and some
bigger than a door, but luckily my eyes adjusted and after
a short time, I was not depending on hints that much.
The graphics are very good, no junkpiles or dumpsters.
The story keeps you interested, some puzzles are average,
some will require engaging the brain cells.

[Post New]by Texasartist on May 18, 10 4:05 AM
The objects just too small. No magnifier, so willl not buy. Also the game has some problems with the cursor that makes it hard to play some of the games, Did not enjoy the chain games,

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 10 4:25 AM
Just wanted to post the link to the walkthrough for Tiger Eye - Part 1: Curse of the Riddle Box on the Big Fish Blog in case anyone needs it. It was written by BrownEyedTigre.

Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/tiger-eye-curse-of-the-riddle-box-walkthrough/

Thanks,

MargieB

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 18, 10 4:50 AM
I bought this from the developer when it was first released and enjoyed playing it very much. It is one of the best games that I have played in a long time. It is a wonderful mix of entertaining romance novel dialogue, very well done art work, interactive hidden object game play and a large variety of puzzles.

The story is based on the book Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu. It is an interesting love story with elements of magic, myth and of course danger. The story has lots of fun, wit and tenderness. If you don’t like dialogue you can skip the cut scenes in this game but in my opinion you will really be missing out. The voice actors also did a great job with realistic pleasant voices.

The art work is in comic book style and is beautifully done. It was a welcome change to see the facial expressions of the characters convey real emotions and not just the inanimate blank stares found in so many games.

The hidden object scenes can be quite difficult as some of the objects are small and very well blended into the scene. It does require patience and sometimes a few hints to find all of the objects. I actually enjoyed the challenge of the hunt and did not feel overly frustrated by the difficulty of finding the objects.

The music was excellent. If you normally turn off the music, as I do, you should leave it on for a while and see how pleasant it is in this game. The music is actually related to each different scene and is not just generic background music. It enhances the elements of drama, fun and excitement in each part of the game.

The game has lots of different types of puzzles. Everything from word puzzles, tangrams, jigsaw puzzles, pipes puzzles, match-3, logical progressions and more. There is also a mini-game between chapters where you can earn extra hints.

I hope there are more games to come in this series and that all of them continue to be as well done as this one.

5 stars

Go to: