bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 18, 10 1:49 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by ajuma on May 18, 10 3:10 AM
I beta tested this game and I LOVED it!! I'm not a huge **** fan, but this one is GREAT! Yeah, some of the objects are hard to find, but you get a lot of hints. You're not penalized for random, which I love!

I thought that there were plenty of hints, and you're rewarded for NOT using them, which is a nice twist on the game.

Believe it or not, I LOVE the music! Usually, the very first thing I do in a game is hit "options" and turn the music off. This one is so nice that I leave it on!

You can skip the puzzles, but first you buy hints so maybe you can solve it on your own. That darn pipe puzzle really threw me and I was SO glad for the ability to skip it!

I've been waiting for this game....back to play!

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on May 18, 10 3:46 AM
I really enjoyed this. I thought the minigames were good and imaginative, and the hidden object scenes are challenging without being ridiculously hard. I thought the hints system was great, and I'm always persuaded by being able to open bonus content - it suggests value for money.

I'm not entirely sure the storyline quite hangs together, but after an hour's play there's some way to go and I hope all will be revealed. I was slightly reluctant at first because I saw Part 1 and thought it might be quite short but after an hour I feel like there's plenty left to do. It's a buy for me.

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by REDFIRER on May 18, 10 3:47 AM
i really love this game have been waiting on it i like the mystery

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 18, 10 4:26 AM
It looks good. Only trouble is that objects are so small and on my laptop the graphics are not as clear as I would like. Somehow I do not think it will run on my desktop pc. Therfe was a bit of flashing before it started playing the game proper and no option to turn off the custom cursor. I love puzzle games so will try it again later.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 18, 10 4:27 AM
Just wanted to post the link to the walkthrough for Tiger Eye - Part 1: Curse of the Riddle Box on the Big Fish Blog in case anyone needs it. It was written by BrownEyedTigre.

Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/tiger-eye-curse-of-the-riddle-box-walkthrough/

Thanks,

MargieB

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 18, 10 4:40 AM
I bought this from the developer when it was first released and enjoyed playing it very much. It is one of the best games that I have played in a long time. It is a wonderful mix of entertaining romance novel dialogue, very well done art work, interactive hidden object game play and a large variety of puzzles.

The story is based on the book Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu. It is an interesting love story with elements of magic, myth and of course danger. The story has lots of fun, wit and tenderness. If you don’t like dialogue you can skip the cut scenes in this game but in my opinion you will really be missing out. The voice actors also did a great job with realistic pleasant voices.

The art work is in comic book style and is beautifully done. It was a welcome change to see the facial expressions of the characters convey real emotions and not just the inanimate blank stares found in so many games.

The hidden object scenes can be quite difficult as some of the objects are small and very well blended into the scene. It does require patience and sometimes a few hints to find all of the objects. I actually enjoyed the challenge of the hunt and did not feel overly frustrated by the difficulty of finding the objects.

The music was excellent. If you normally turn off the music, as I do, you should leave it on for a while and see how pleasant it is in this game. The music is actually related to each different scene and is not just generic background music. It enhances the elements of drama, fun and excitement in each part of the game.

The game has lots of different types of puzzles. Everything from word puzzles, tangrams, jigsaw puzzles, pipes puzzles, match-3, logical progressions and more. There is also a mini-game between chapters where you can earn extra hints.

I hope there are more games to come in this series and that all of them continue to be as well done as this one.

5 stars

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 4:47:09 AM PST

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on May 18, 10 5:02 AM
It appealed to me right from the start!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 18, 10 5:11 AM
Im just waiting for it to finish downloading. ....finger crossed its a good one ..
I checked in here and it does have 15 chapters so hopeful

[Post New]by birdlady101 on May 18, 10 5:43 AM
Just finished the trial version and really like it. Will buy...

Lou

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 18, 10 6:18 AM
Fell asleep while downloading the demo last night (it's a large game file, Fishies) but well worth the wait. Some new twists and innovative interaction on game play, which I always enjoy! Had some difficulty finding a few objects but I always find that the more I play a game, the more my vision adjusts to the game environment. Plus there are enough hints to get you through. Looks like it's going to be a nice long,
challenging game. Definitely a BUY for me! Have fun with this one and happy gaming!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on May 18, 10 6:29 AM
Just finished demo and this game did not "wow" me. It's a good game with different types of mini games but I too had some difficulty finding some of the hidden objects. Thank goodness that the "hints" were plentiful. I wasn't sure what chapter I completed. Didn't say chapter 1 completed just "Chapter Completed" unless I skipped or missed something. I will be patient for something to give me that "wow" and then purchase it. This is not one of them. So, no go for purchase on this game.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 18, 10 7:08 AM
Very nice game. Compelling story, nice animation, minigames not too hard but nice and with an original twist to classic puzzles... and for once the femenine main character is neither stupid nor upsetting!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 18, 10 7:13 AM
tedderpic wrote:Im just waiting for it to finish downloading. ....finger crossed its a good one ..
I checked in here and it does have 15 chapters so hopeful

played the hour demo got to level 5 ..so still have 10 levels ..
not your Dire Grove standard..but nice little game...I have a few freebies..so a buy for me....

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 18, 10 7:16 AM
Sounds good. The only thing that is making me hesitant to buy is that "contains romantic scenes" and that is a big no-no for me. I get bored to tears with romantic games. However the reviews are good and probably I will use my free credit.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on May 18, 10 7:23 AM
General recommendation: Buy. This is one of the better games I've seen in the hidden object genre for quite some time.

This is definitely a more challenging game and you'll definitely be spending time looking for the objects. Some of the objects are small so those who have poorer eyesight should be warned. Many of them are very well concealed because of the colors and darkness.

The hint system is good in the fact that you earn hints by playing mini-games and finding objects. You can use the hints as normally expected and they will recharge over time. The time to recharge didn't seem to be too long or too short. You could also use the hints in the mini-games with two hints per game and if need be, you could skip the game entirely at the cost of a hint.

The graphics for the hidden objects are dark which I again mention for those who have less than perfect vision. I must say that I liked the graphics for the story line and cut scenes. It's more of a retro comic book style but it really did bring out the emotions in the characters.

Music and sounds were very good and I really loved the voice acting. I've said it before, but the voices can really make the game more immersive. I love storylines and this seems to have a rich one so don't hit the skip button because you'll miss out.

While there is definitely a strong romantic overtone to the game since it's apparently based on a romance novel, there is still enough action so that the guys can remain interested. I also really liked that the main character is feisty and not a stupid or passive woman which is a real turnoff to me.

As I said in my executive summary, this is definitely worth a buy.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 18, 10 7:56 AM
Great game! I played for 25 minutes and I bought it.
Loved the minis. They are all different so far and are challenging but not like pull your hair out challenging. They are fun. It does take patience to find pieces (hidden objects) but they are there and I do like the challenge of that as well.
It's the type of game where you just sit back and take your time. It has an easiness vibe about it. Music, atmosphere, good hint system. I also like that you get extra points or hints for completing a mini. You have a goal, well, many in this game so you feel involved and not just going task to task.
Thank you to the developers. Great job! and of course BFG for offering us this game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 18, 10 8:02 AM
I have bought it and I am really enjoying all the puzzles but I do wish that it came with a built in magnifier as I struggle to hold a manual one up for long and that is why I am not still playing the game at the moment. A definite overall from me though.

C

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on May 18, 10 8:31 AM
Loved it! I am a sucker for when the story, objects, puzzles all weave together into an experience that keeps me going - just like a page turner.

In fact I couldn't even wait for my free credits next month but had to buy now! Long time since a demo has done that!

Happy gaming!

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on May 18, 10 9:13 AM
So glad I waited for this one to spend my last credit on!!! Love the music, characters, puzzles..... ... definitely 5 stars for me!!!

Go to: