bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 18, 10 1:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Post any Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mistickel on May 18, 10 3:22 AM
Ive played LOTS of BFGs with never a problem until this one. I kept getting sound but no picture. The game just wouldnt come up no matter what I tried. Im on Windows Vista.

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 3:23:03 AM PST

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

Re:Post any Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box technical issues here only

[Post New]by RickF on May 18, 10 5:04 AM
I am having the exact opposite problem as mistickel while the game seems to play without a problem I have no sound; (The sound works perfectly on other games) . Any ideas as I really would like to purchase this game. I'm running Windows XP

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 18, 10 6:07 AM
I have WinXP - Game downloaded fine - the only problem is that it says Trial Expired in my Game Manager as soon as the download was complete! Anybody else have this problem?? I have never downloaded this from any other website either, in fact had never heard of this game before. WHAT A BUMMER!!!

[Post New]by friend on May 18, 10 7:30 AM
came up with a png error and the game closed on me... grrr

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on May 18, 10 8:03 AM
I also had a problem with this game. I was going good til I got to the part where you have to play like match game. The cursor went crazy. It went all over the screen. I had no control over it and the screen kept flickering. Then my computer crashed.I will not be downloading this for the hour and I certainly will not be buying until this problem is corrected by BF. Its too bad because the game was very good until this happened. |

B

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on May 18, 10 9:06 AM
Game installed fine - but every time I tried to select something in the game play, the game would flicker off - easy to restart. After 10 such instances, I gave up after only finding 3 hidden objects and two gold statues in the first scene. It happened again while trying to exit the game. Needed to push exit several times to quit.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 18, 10 9:07 AM
After download it wouldnt show the game just got alot of garbage on my screen. This has never happened with any of previous games.
Deleting and going to reinstall game really hope I can play the demo sounds like a great game.

Stoch
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Stoch on May 18, 10 10:02 AM
Mistickel wrote:Ive played LOTS of BFGs with never a problem until this one. I kept getting sound but no picture. The game just wouldnt come up no matter what I tried. Im on Windows Vista.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 18, 10 10:10 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the game. It sounds like most of the issues are display issues that may be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The great thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a help article with more information.

Display Issues

If you have already tried these updates or that lost the time on your trial, I would suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on May 18, 10 10:12 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled. The game works fine now and I finished the entire demo without a hitch. Seems like I have been doing that a lot lately

Game is awesome! I usually don't like IHOGs!

[Post New]by Puzzler1968 on May 18, 10 12:22 PM
Everything works well, EXCEPT... It will not save the game for me. It starts at the very beginning every time I play. It gets old doing the same scenes everytime you play.

Am I missing an option somewhere that tells it to load a saved game?

[Post New]by risselas153 on May 18, 10 12:34 PM
The download of the game was ok, but when I shall write in my name it doesn´t matter what I choose, I got the message "Disable characters" or something like that.

Lelizzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Lelizzz on May 18, 10 1:03 PM
I have problems with the game also. When it starts and im typing my user name it says Invalid Characters.... Does it help to reinstall it?

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on May 18, 10 1:20 PM
I too am having some problems with this game. The cursor seems to have a mind of its own and when I start the game it comes on in windows mode but at the bottom right corner of my screen. It then freezes for a minute or so and then when I hit escape the game will go to full screen. I do very much like the game and purchased just frustrated with the cursor more than anything else.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 19, 10 8:03 AM
Karen is not happy. This game has totally crashed my other laptop. I now have to do a destructive reload of Windows and so will loose any files since my last back-up.

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on May 19, 10 8:11 AM
care___916 wrote:After download it wouldnt show the game just got alot of garbage on my screen. This has never happened with any of previous games.
Deleting and going to reinstall game really hope I can play the demo sounds like a great game.

The same for me...looks almost like a kalediscope..just lots of squiggles and colors

[Post New]by ulichico on May 19, 10 2:32 PM
Everything going well until the Match Game - cursor would not move, chose, etc So, can't go on. Ideas?

sheneya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sheneya on May 20, 10 12:02 AM
The Game visuals are rough, I can't read the words because it's to squiggly and it's all white except for some of the objects.

what's the problem.

DaCook7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DaCook7 on May 20, 10 1:27 AM
sheneya wrote:The Game visuals are rough, I can't read the words because it's to squiggly and it's all white except for some of the objects.

what's the problem.

I am having the same problem.

Go to: