jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

What do the expressions CE & consortium mean in MC?

[Post New]by jade_en on Dec 19, 17 12:29 PM
G'day!

I often see in my "Friends" listing players who put the initials/acronym CE in their player name. What does this mean?

Also, I sometimes see mention of the word "consortium" in this MC forum. What does that mean?

Merely curious!

Re:What do the expressions CE & consortium mean in MC?

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Dec 19, 17 1:17 PM
Hi !! the Consortium is made up of a group of player on all platforms that help other players get the parts they need to craft event pets . So if they have Consortium after their name then they are either a member that gifts the parts or they are players that gift the parts to a member so they can re-gift .

I hope this makes sense .

ETA: If you need help getting pet parts old and new look in the locked thread ( JUST ABOUVE) HELPFUL LINKS scroll down until you see a thread called Christmas Consortium Report click on that and you will find members on your platform that can help you .

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 1:22:27 PM PST

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Dec 19, 17 1:36 PM
Well, I have a slightly different take on what CE/WE means ~ at least for me.

I have the suffix CE now on my Castle Names, meaning I have my Christmas Room 2 Open, so my Friends may visit and rack up their Pet parts and coins.

I don't delete my Seasonal Friends after an event. I keep about 50 - 75 Friends in my main 8 Castles, but only 34 in my 5 lower level feeder Castles.

I has been well understood and agreed by us here in the Forum that Seasonal Event Friends (those that were added so we could visit each others Seasonal Room ~ first was the Spring Terrace Scene, and now the new Christmas Room) were added with NO expectation of 'regular' Gifts. We can send a maximum of 15 Gifts per day, so we can't Gift EVERYONE everyday.

However, this doesn't mean we can't Gift our Seasonal Friends, and in fact, many of my Seasonal Friends have become almost 'regulars' because many players have left the game. Or are on vacation, in hospital, etc.

If I have enough Pink Gift for a Friend Boxes, I will send those to my CE Friends.

Hope this helps!

XXOO ~ Dhyani

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Dec 21, 17 5:53 AM
Thanks!!

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Dec 24, 17 4:41 PM
Sorry -- just me again.

Why do Friends put in that they just want to do "swaps" on certain things? Especially common things? I don't understand. Does it mean that they want to swap the exact same thing back on a friend gift? And, if so, why would they want to do this?

Sortilege
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Sortilege on Dec 24, 17 5:00 PM
sometimes people are working on an achievement like getting so many of a certain stamp. They don't need to keep it, just get it.
Hope that explains it.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 24, 17 6:54 PM
On my android game I am still swapping pumpkins so I can get the Halloween achievement. I don't need to keep 2,000 pumpkins just have them go through my inventory (they don't need to stay there). So that is one reason for "swapping". Swapping can help with several seasonal achievements as well the stamps achievement.

Another reason: Players working on the Castle Challenge will swap certain items especially if the player is short on time to do the rounds of the HOS or that item is not dropping in their game. For example recently we had to get 5 Santa Hats - those in our inventory did not count. We did not want to deplete our friends inventory by asking for them as gifts so we swapped Santa Hats. They gifted me & I gifted back.

Hope you are enjoying the Winter Event.
Dot

Go to: