Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Story here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 20, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 8:28:30 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Story here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 20, 17 6:38 AM

Another sugar coated Match 3 game by the same devs who offer Pretty Snails 1 & 2, Owl Rescue, Flying Fish and Mystery Loss. Everything's the same, with the exception of finding items hidden within the map levels. You can play in Relaxed or Normal difficulty modes, and this is a Limited Moves game with different goals for each level such as making matches over all ice tiles or earning a specific amount of points.

All Match 3 games by this dev have the same unusual feature, every time you make a match, sections of the board do a shuffle as they move into different positions, usually ruining what could have been an epic setup! On the negative end, you cannot make a move quickly or back to back until all tiles have repositioned or explosions finish doing their thing.

Large matches or T & L shaped matches will give you power-ups on the board which are color specific such as Spiral Candies, Colored Santas, or Super Spirals. Combining power-ups will create mega explosions.

I hate Match 3 games that make me wait after each match, for all the tiles to stop, before making my next match. I also hate it when I have to wait again after the level is complete, for all the tiles to finish doing their explosions, and adding my unused moves. I prefer a fast paced Match 3 game. I'm sure you'll love this game if you loved Pretty Snails, but for me personally, it's a big NO!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 20, 17 8:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Christmas Story! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Christmas Story.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

KiwiDiana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by KiwiDiana on Dec 20, 17 12:01 PM
Why oh why do Developers insist on forcing tutorials? A match 3 game is not exactly a mind destroying concept to grasp. Tutorials should be optional. I refuse to buy any game that tries to control how I play.

[Post New]by whoopcaterpiller on Dec 20, 17 11:24 PM
I love all the games by this developer I have bought all of them including this one. Finally they have made it so the game can be played in relaxed mode. So for all the players who did not want to play the other games cause they were limited moves, now you can play this one in relaxed mode like the other games it is match 3 and totally adorable give it ago you may enjoy it.

I recommend this game

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Dec 21, 17 7:24 PM
I didn't buy the other games by this developer, because there was no relax mode. I bought this one because there is.

Pandashie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Pandashie on Jan 5, 18 6:26 PM
The game's all right but I don't understand the star system.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Jan 17, 18 9:06 PM
H Pandashie - I worked out the star system is your target points - ie if you reach the target points you will get the 3 stars regardless of your total number of moves.

So at the beginning of each level, see what your target score is. If you finish too soon (which is what I was trying to do at the beginning), you may not have reached the high score that gives you the extra star.

So now if I think I'm going to finish too early I make matches on another part of the board until I reach the total target score - and voila your star will appear! Then you can finish with your last collectible / ice box etc..

I decided to buy the game because I actually quite like it - it's colourful and fun, and not too stressful - sometimes the dark games are a bit tiring and this is a great fill-in for some lighthearted gaming..

Go to: