bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

New build for Mushroom Age (Mac) available now! 5/18/2010

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 18, 10 4:18 PM
We have a new version of Mushroom Age available now. This new version of the game resolves the progression block in level 16 and adds more fun to level 12!.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. To install the new build, please uninstall and reinstall your mac game. If you have trouble with the new build just try emptying the trash can and reinstalling the game from your Purchase History.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:New build for Mushroom Age (Mac) available now! 5/18/2010

[Post New]by terih on May 18, 10 5:34 PM
Yeah! Thank you for all the hard work! It worked perfectly for my Mac! Back to playing now!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 18, 10 8:23 PM
bfg Zambezi, BFG Customer Support, and everyone at BFG, even Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on May 18, 10 10:28 PM
Yeppers, the new build (version 1.0.2) does indeed work!

I had trouble with it at first. I'd uninstalled it (meaning, I just tossed it in the Trash) and installed the new build, only to have it crash again in Level 16.

So, first I complained bitterly to the people I'd bought it from. Then I decided to empty the Trash and reinstall the game afterwards. Which is what worked.

I don't know why having a copy in the Trash as well as having one in the Applications Folder caused it to make such a fuss, and I forgot to ask my at-work Mac expert. I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow, and unless all he does is look at me like I've got something hanging from my nose, I'll post what he says. If it's in some form of human language, as he tends to get WAY technical and get frustrated when we mere humans Just Don't Get It.

End result, though?

THE NEW BUILD WORKS.

And the game is awesome.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 19, 10 8:21 PM
I can add that the new BFG download works through Chapter 18. I played the entire game through to that point -- no issues whatsoever. I have total confidence the last 5 chapters will go without issue as well. The pinball puzzle in chapter 12 is challenging now, but doable. And it was so nice to see "Task Complete" after unscrambling the full size picture in Chapter 16-5!

Thanks to everyone who reported their issues with the game and to everyone at BFG for coming through for us!

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on May 21, 10 6:09 PM
yay! thank you---how wonderful!

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on May 23, 10 9:04 PM
Woo hoo! Thank you BFG Customer Service! You guys rock!

Go to: