bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 19, 10 12:05 AM
Strange, glowing symbols are appearing all over the world and one reporter is determined to get to the bottom of it. When an assignment from her editor leads to a mysterious adventure, Cathy must follow a trail of clues and riddles to uncover the truth behind the ancient runes. Travel to fantastic locations alongside Cathy as she searches for answers among the Hidden Objects. It's up to you to see that Cathy gets her story in Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 19, 10 12:38 AM
It's not bad,really. I've been playing the demo and I like it just fine.The scenes look good and the objects aren't really hard to find. For once,I say to play the tutorial.I didn't and I wished I had at the end of the first scene.It's definately one to try out.But with the Daily Deal being what it is,I have to put this on the back burner.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 19, 10 12:43 AM
Just tried the demo and looks good, graphics are really nice and although there are lots of items to find, they are not overly difficult to find and not terribly small items like some of the other HOG games released recently.

Looks like there are lots of levels so most likely a buy for me.

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on May 19, 10 12:52 AM
Is it more or less a straight HOG with mini games or a IHOG?

(will be able to trial later!) x

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 19, 10 12:53 AM
Much better for my old eyes...

Good graphics, and sounds interesting story. Junk piles HOG, with some adventure elements.

The most I like is the MAP, which gives me the story line, without going around in circles...

Bought of course. Thanks, developers, thanks BF!!

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 12:54:00 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 19, 10 1:21 AM
runewarden wrote:Is it more or less a straight HOG with mini games or a IHOG?

(will be able to trial later!) x

It's an IHOG. You'll have to collect some objects from the scene and then use them to reveal other objects.

A hypothetical example (this doesn't happen in the real game, so it's not a spoiler)--if you met a hungry man, you might have to collect an egg, butter, and frying pan from the scene, then cook him breakfast and serve it on a plate.

Again, that's not from the actual game, but it's the kind of action the game requires.

Each scene starts out as a straight HOG. Then at the end of the scene you are given some "tasks" to do which will require using inventory items.

There are also a few mini-games of different types, none too difficult.

Robin

[Post New]by ClickerAddict on May 19, 10 4:02 AM
Head up on a virus alert! Avoid !! A couple of hours ago I purchased this Journalist game as I enjoyed it, and noticed there was a special offer, even though it said that it ran out on the 18th, I thought, why not? Let's get one game half price! Sure enough, it went through, even though it was a day after the offer closed. The half price game I got from them was The Otherside Realms Of Eon. Look what I got when I went to install it!

Not sure if picture works, but my AV wouldn't allow it to continue installing as it said it had a virus.

C:\Program Files\\The Otherside - Realm Of Eons\TheOtherside.$$A

Virus Name:

Gen:Trojan.Heur.TP@FB@bik4Kjki

I have now uninstalled both games and have written to asking for a refund, but as yet have not received a reply. I just wanted to warn everybody incase they decide to buy from there!! What a waste of £11.56!!! Grrrr.

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 9:20:00 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 19, 10 4:32 AM
I am very sorry about your experience, Clicker Addict. I buy only from bigfishgames and sometimes from another safe developer.

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 5:43:12 AM PST

[Post New]by ClickerAddict on May 19, 10 5:27 AM
Thank you Youda for your kindness.

And dogmama, my link IS genuine! AND is very safe! It's of an image I uploaded to Imageshack to show what came up with my AV. Great. I try to be a helpful member of the community...and I get this! Thanks a lot dogmama.

The same link is on forum. Here's a link. My username over there is Leilahni.

My apologies for sounding grumpy, but just because I'm new on the forums, doesn't mean I can't be trusted! That hurts. *mopes*

I would like this message to be deleted please by a moderator, so I have reported my own message. Thank you.

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 9:18:30 AM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on May 19, 10 5:59 AM
Clicker Addict,

I did not accuse you of anything. I said I don't know if it's a valid link or not. I hope you get everything straightened out. I have learned with anti-virus software that sometimes there are false positives. You might want to scan your system with another av, perhaps an online one. Good luck!

anpd
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by anpd on May 19, 10 6:27 AM
I don´t think you have to worry, Namco has released games since the 70:s and can be trusted. I think your antivirus software mada a misstake, it happens alot.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 19, 10 7:01 AM
Clicker, I read your alert earlier on the other forum, don't know what is allowed there re URLs but on BF we are not allowed to post links. A mod will probably edit it out and let you know, but I suggest you edit it out yourself and you can offer to send it to anyone here via PM if they want the link.

I took it to mean it was the other game offered half price or cheap that caused the virus alert, not from whom you bought Journalist.

Welcome to the BF Pond, new rules here so suggest you read the forum Rules & FAQ on right sidebar. You'll feel more comfortable once you get more familiar with differences between here and there. Other sites that sell games aren't to be included either. Hope that helps, don't go away mad.

[Post New]by luannjohnson on May 21, 10 7:08 AM
I tried the hour free and then bought. Had to start at the beginning again. No problem. When I got back to the plane wreck, got every thing and the crowbar disappeared and now I can't get in the plane. Any sugestions?
Shadowtom

Go to: