Talk to the developers here

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 19, 10 1:43 AM
Hey BFG Fishies!

Thought I'd start a thread where you can talk directly to the Tiger Eye developers, since Big Fish happily encourages the practice This is our first game with Big Fish... well, it's really our studio's first game EVER... and we're super excited about its release! We've been reading all your comments and suggestions and have found some great stuff and hilarious posts (we were very amused by the "rating system" thread... it made our day). If you have anything you'd like to tell us (what you'd like to see in the next game, questions for the team, complaints, compliments, etc.) we'll be on the lookout.

Happy gaming,
~melissa, passionfruit games

P.S. The only thing we can't answer here are tech support questions - BFG has a separate area for that!

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 1:49:26 AM PST

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Re:Talk to the developers here

[Post New]by woodentot on May 19, 10 3:17 AM
Hi Melissa,

I really enjoyed playing Tigers Eye, but please not such tiny objects, in part 2, which cannot come quick enough for me. I just loved all the different games, some of the instructions could have been a little bit clearer though. I have even ordered the the first two books to read. I give this game it would have been 5 but for those couple of points. You must remember that there are a lot of older women playing games these days, who's eye sight is not A1.

Thanks to the developers, of Tigers Eye

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on May 19, 10 6:38 AM
Welcome to Big Fish! Great idea to get views "directly" to the developers from the gamers. Got to say that I was, overall, pleased with the game. Not a big fan of the romance aspect but, clearly, that was the basis for the story, so..... Maybe I'll order the books so the story will make more sense to me (or I'll care about the characters).

Do have a suggestion - please add a Magnifying Glass option to the next game/s. Many of us play on laptops and the resolution makes little/monochromatic items very hard to find.. Help in that area would be much appreciated. Am greatful that the Hints were easy to use and actually helpful (they are not always),

Keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to your next game.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on May 19, 10 7:12 AM
Hi Melissa,
I thought this game was one of the best values for the money that Big Fish have offered in a long while.Once I got used to looking for the small objects (yes, maybe a magnifying glass would have come in handy), but with patience & time which I have plenty of... I found everything.
This game was packed full of diverse mini games.... them.
Thanks a lot, x5 from me & I can't wait for the next chapter to arrive.
Keep up the good work.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 19, 10 7:39 AM
Hi Melissa,

I bought the game and have enjoyed it but was not overly impressed. I would certainly stay away from making objects so tiny that you are forced to use a hint. I hate having to use hints unless I absolutely have to. With this game, I had to more times then I cared to. Sometimes 2 or 3 in one scene alone and that is just wrong. Even with using the hints, there were 3 times that I had to guess where I was clicking because I could not see the item at all. Using the hints brings down the PSI score (or whatever that is). Because the score isn't high enough, you are "punished" it seems in not being allowed to open the "Extras" that are offered. That is how it came across anyway.

The graphics could use improvement in my opinion. They weren't bad...just some areas didn't come across as clear as they could have. And cutting WAY back on the dialogue would be an improvement.

I wish Passionfruit games the best and would love to see more games from you. Again, Tiger Eye wasn't all bad, and I did enjoy it. However, if the objects in the second one are as small, I won't be purchasing it.

Take care!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 19, 10 7:48 AM
Hi Melissa, Welcome to our Game Forum

I have not fininished playing it yet because I am trying to make the game last as long as I can because I am really enjoying all the different puzzles.

I also like the way you have hidden your objects even though I have had to use a magnifying glass occasionally and also some hints to find the last object in a scene. I would prefer to see a built in magnifying glass that us with "older" eyes can use to locate the objects easier rather than you have to make them all bigger. It is much better to look at a scene and not see any objects at first glance because they have been cleverly hidden rather than a scene that is cluttered with large junk pile objects.

Sorry ROTFLMFO as I have just stopped to read the posts in front of mine and find that they have said the same thing so perhaps great minds think alike.

I will give you 4 out of 5 s, just those puzzles.

Cherb

PS ... Nice looking hero

PPS ... How long do we have to wait for your next game ...

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 19, 10 7:55 AM
I purchased the game last night, after 45 minutes of demo. I agree that the graphics could use improvement, and that items don't have to be tiny to be hard to find! It was the fact that there were tiny items AND the scenes were dark that made them frustrating to find.

Look at games like Return to Ravenhearst and Deadtime Stories: The scenes are bright and colorful, and the items still challenging to find, without being frustrating. As mentioned, if you're going to keep putting in tiny objects, at least give us the use of some kind of magnifier!

Personally, it wasn't the graphics or the game play that made me buy the game, though they're passable - It's the story with the quirky, feisty heroine and wondering what's going to happen next.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 19, 10 8:19 AM
I absolutely HATE sweet, syrupy love stories. Much Prefer murder and mayhem. Having said that, I will say I am enjoying this game immensely. I agree that items could be bigger and/or magnifying glass as previously noted. But all in all. a good game and I am having a lot of fun.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 19, 10 8:45 AM
Please, please, please include an option to turn of the custom cursor. Many of us have older computers and this option allows us to play newer games. otherwise the cursor either floats around making gameplay harder or it moves very slowly.
I am still undecided about buying the game for this reason. Finding tiny objects is hard enough but trying to click on them with a floaty cursor makes it even harder.
thanks for reading. It is so good when developers come here and talk with us.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 19, 10 8:48 AM
Items way too small, a tad too many puzzles, graphics could be improved especially in some of the puzzles like the click-and-drag puzzle.
Would have bought except for the tiny size of the items which are really frustrating.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 19, 10 8:56 AM
I agree the items are way to small, please make them bigger or magnifying glass would be good.

I had problems with the bike and with the pipes in the bathroom. There is no skip for the puzzles, please include a skip for the puzzles I could not figure the pipes out.

AND can you extend the time for the Match 3 game or bypass or a skip.

Good game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 19, 10 9:04 AM
Overall I enjoyed the game very much and gave it a 5 star positive review in the review section.

I don’t have good eyesight and I play with a magnifying glass beside my computer. I still had to use hints to find some of the items. I think the ones that were faded into the background were the hardest to see.

The only other thing that was a little disappointing was the Extras Mini-Game to Dress Hari. I was hoping for some more replay of different PSI Energy Connection puzzles. I really enjoyed them.

I though the dialogue was great and I would not change that aspect of the game at all. I even went to the library and got the book so I could read the whole story.

I enjoyed the variety of puzzles. I think the blend and ratio of the different elements of the game such as, dialogue, mini-games and hidden object scenes was perfect.

For your first game creation, it seems that you did a lot of research and included lots of different elements that would appeal to many game players. I hope you make many more games in collaboration with Marjorie M. Liu.

Edited on 05/19/2010 at 9:17:41 AM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on May 19, 10 9:51 AM
Hi, Passionfruit. You have a great little game here. I'm not a fan of "romance" so almost didn't even give it a demo. But once I started playing, I was hooked. The puzzles were challenging and fun -- especially the energy connectors and the decoders. A small quibble would be that some objects were too small and monochromatic to find, even with the aid of my magnifying glass. Looking forward to Part 2, and hope it's as unique and puzzle-intense as the first. Good job!!

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on May 19, 10 9:52 AM
Hi! I really loved this game. I tried to make it last as long as I could. The only problem I had was using the hint button in the regular play. When I used it all I got was a 1 less in psi but nothing showing where the item was that I needed. Is there some special way to use it? I enjoyed very much the puzzles and the mini-games. In fact the whole game was excellent.

Still I will be glad for the next part so please don't wait too long.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on May 19, 10 10:24 AM
hi Melissa,
first off, WELCOME TO THE POND ok now for the game, I LOVED IT.!!!!!!!!! can't wait till part 2 is out. I agree with all of the other posters, some of the items to be found could be a tad bit larger. loved all of the different puzzles, they were my fav about the whole game. love puzzles that make me use my brain, or whats left of my brain lol . the main male hero, WOW nice.
it was a great game , when is # 2 coming out ? are you going to have any beta tester ? if you are or do, please pm me , would love to beta test for you. over all the game was great, keep up the good work.

[Post New]by puglette404 on May 19, 10 11:09 AM
hello! i really enjoyed this game. The puzzles were fun and just difficult enough to make me think for awhile. I enjoyed the message decoding and the majority of the other puzzles. I appreciate the effort that went into making them fit into the storyline.

I do have to agree with most of the other commenter's about the size of some of the hidden objects. I am an older lady and after a day of staring into a computer or reading, my eyes have a tough time focusing. I would like the hidden items to have a crisper definition. The artwork overall was a bit blurry on my computer. The soft lines of the cartoon style artwork made the hidden objects just disappear. One especially difficult scene for me was the bathroom, I stared at that and could not spot one hidden item. I had to use a few hints to get the idea of how items were hidden.

I am not really sure of the purpose of the bonus game with the matching items. Is this just a way to earn more hints? And too much match three for my tastes, but that's just my opinion.

I think the romance storyline is quite silly and cheesy. I don't think this detracts at all from the game. I got quite a few chuckles over the cut scenes. And thank you for putting a pause button on the cut scenes! Most games just keep going and I miss out on the story if I get a phone call or a dog jumping on me.

Thank you very much for an enjoyable game. The length was great, game play was fun and interesting. I am happily anticipating the next installment!
Thanks!

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 19, 10 11:37 AM
Thanks for all your replies and welcomes! We really take to heart every suggestion made, and it seems like we may have indeed hidden some objects too well! Rest assured, visibility issues - so important in hidden object games - are at the forefront of our minds as we go into production for the next game in the series.

We're really happy most of you have been enjoying the game and story. It's been wonderful working with Marjorie Liu turning her story into an interactive game. Our team has put some really hard work and long hours into this game, but I think most of us would agree it's one of the best experiences we've ever had.

And now it's finally time to chill out in this happy pond with all of you!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 19, 10 1:27 PM
I like the game very much! I also wanted to say that I am really enjoying the word puzzles. It's so nice to see some of these in the game.

[Post New]by PassionFruitErik on May 19, 10 1:35 PM
Hey guys! We're also checking out what people are saying in other threads regarding Tiger Eye to get a broad scope of feedback too. Great feedback all around. Thanks fishies!

-Erik, PassionFruit Games

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 19, 10 1:58 PM
PFruit Developers, have you seen this thread?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96634.page

It has some very good suggestions and requests!

Go to: