Error in act 4

[Post New]by JAGUAR_1982 on May 19, 10 3:17 AM
it just terminate the game when i start give the food for the dog ,i try agin and also give me the same massage , what shall i do to complete the game

colieleigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Error in act 4

[Post New]by colieleigh on Jun 13, 10 12:22 PM
I had this same problem... unfortunately hadn't saved since act 4 started so I had to start all over. ctr. alt del to get out of it and then started the act from the beginning. I saved right before Poirot goes in the post office and then it worked for me.

[Post New]by emandalsmom on Aug 2, 10 3:27 PM
Im having the same problem. the first time i had to go back to the beginning of act 4 but i have saved the game at just before Poirot goes into the post office with the sandwich. But 3 times in a row just as he enters the game crashes. Ugh!!! Can anyone help me?

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Aug 20, 10 4:16 PM
I had the Access Violation problem in two spots in the game. The first was when I went to search for the treasure in the correct location. I did some research and found out that I needed to complete the part with the dog and sandwich first, so I went back to my last save point (after fixing the car) and when I went into the post office/pharmacy/book store with the sandwich, I got the Access Violation error there, too. What a bummer!!

After checking the Customer Support tips, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Big mistake!!! None of my saved games appeared in the Load Game section. I will have to start the game all over again!! Someone else had this same problem and actually played the game a second time right up to the point he had reached before (which was the dog and sandwich scene) and the same Access Violation error happened to him again. He was reluctant to play the game for a third time if he were to uninstall and reinstall it twice. I don't blame him. I am reluctant to play the game a second time. It took me days to get as far as I did, and I don't want to start at the beginning.

Is there some sort of patch for these glitches? I believe I just downloaded the same game I did when I bought it. Considering this game has been available on Big Fish for a couple of years now, you would think this problem would have been dealt with by now.

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 4:17:41 PM PST

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Aug 22, 10 1:09 AM
I have an update on these access violation errors. I downloaded a patch from Awe Productions, began the game from the beginning (I lost everything when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game), got through the dog/sandwich/cat cut scene, then fixed the car and returned to the island. When I began to look for the treasure from the new starting point, I got another access violation error and the game terminated once again. I believe you must do certain things in the correct order for the game to proceed without getting these access violation errors.

This game will be very hard to complete, even with a walk through, which takes a lot of fun out of the game in my opinion.

Go to: