Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 21, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 8:28:57 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 21, 17 1:07 AM
I'm absolutely gutted that this game will not play on my Mac. Just about all games from these devs don't work on a Mac.

I've a brand new MacBook Pro macOS X High Sierra. Had same issues on last Mac running Sierra.

The screen is just a big box that has half the game name off centre, not one screen res setting fixes the issue and the sound was hissing and breaking up. No access to controls at all.

I just don't get why Mac versions of the devs games don't work on a Mac?

There is no other fix as I've tried them all. Got automatic graphics switching turned off too.

Do hope there's a fix in near future. It's so disappointing to d/l a game, set aside time to play it for this to happen. Other devs that used to have these problems with their Mac games seem to have fixed the screen size issues, and all games have worked perfectly.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 1:08:36 AM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Dec 21, 17 6:27 AM
my cursor just floats around screen. tried using both types of cursors but no luck. the floating is driving me batty. oh well merry christmas all.

[Post New]by scatzy on Dec 21, 17 6:51 AM
I can't access the match 3 alternative on the HOP puzzles. It's just not there!!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 21, 17 6:59 AM
scatzy wrote:I can't access the match 3 alternative on the HOP puzzles. It's just not there!!
What mode are you playing in? Does it make a difference if you change it?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 21, 17 8:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 21, 17 9:01 AM
Hi bfgArinelle,

I’ve contacted CS over and again about these issues, and no fix to date. All games except from these devs play normally. Occasionally I have to change the screen res to fix the problem, but ‘nothing’ works with this game.

It’s really disappointing.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 21, 17 9:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some display issues and some performance troubles with the cursor. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

For the display issue on a Mac, belamba, I'm very sorry that a resolution has not yet been found to fix this across the board. If the steps from our Mac Game Troubleshooting guide haven't fixed things up, one thing that may help is to force the game into windowed mode to see if things work better when it's not automatically in fullscreen. On a Mac, this can be done by pressing Command + F even when the options for the game itself are unable to be clicked.

As for the cursor issues, sparkers2005, it sounds like turning off the custom cursor may not have helped, which brings us to the general troubleshooting steps of running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates. Both of these things can affect how games look and perform, so giving them a try may be useful for us.

For what you're running into with the Match 3 alternatives, scatzy, I'm going to check on the possibility of mode selection affecting this, as LarkBea suggested; for now, though, let's try running the game as an Administrator as well to make sure the game's files and options have the permissions needed to work as they should.

Should any of the situations described be resolved through troubleshooting, please send a message to our Technical Support Team with details of the issue and how may games have run into that same trouble. This provides valuable information to the teams that can check into recurring troubles. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like with lingering questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 21, 17 10:31 AM
Hey again Everyone,

After playing the game for a bit, I haven't yet run into anything that mentions a Match 3 alternative to some of the puzzles in the game. That particular feature may not be available in this game, but it's also possible I haven't run into it yet. If another one of our players has encountered this option, please feel free to chime in with more information!

bfgArinelle

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 12:47:55 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 21, 17 12:18 PM
Since I play the hops I didn't even notice if they have a alternative.

I have a problem. Have Win10pc and I bought this game. I'm at a area that lead out of the cave. I thought I put all 4 fireflies in the jar. 2 have folded wings, 2 have open wings. I looked at the guide and I put them in opposite than the guide but you would think it wouldn't make a different. I think I pulled one out but now it's behind the jar and I can't get at it. Now I stuck and can't do anything.

I stopped the game and restarted. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I ran as a administrator. I made out a ticket at tech. I guess I can restart the game with a different profile but doesn't feel right.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 1:06:20 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 21, 17 1:08 PM
As to the issue of alternative mode (which I presume is only an option for the hidden object scenes, not regular puzzles), when you click on the option to use it, you see blank spots for stockings. Then when you click on one of the blanks, you get a tooltip up top that says you need to find all the stockings to activate it.
I didn't remember 'finding' stockings, but about halfway through the demo I clicked on the alternative mode and saw I had 'found' six of them.
So I guess that's the answer -- it's not a bug, it's a feature -- but only after you 'find' all the stockings.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 4:47:39 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 21, 17 2:59 PM
My re-downloaded game under another profile has newer and different problems. Seven try's to put gear in reindeer track puzzle. More blur after cut scenes. More times to get inventory to work.

The stockings are the morphs you collect. It's a bonus extra. There is no alterative for the hops. Usually you have a extra hop or puzzle from collecting all of the collectibles. You can't have or use the puzzle if you don't collect the collectible. It's from the collectibles.

Edited on 12/22/2017 at 6:37:59 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 22, 17 12:04 PM
Hello Majestyx12,

I'm really sorry that Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition has to be restarted and still isn't working properly. I would definitely recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Thank you so much for your patience, and please PM me or another moderator if any new questions arise. We'll answer them as quickly as we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by tooliepoo on Dec 22, 17 2:00 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game four times even tried new users and still the blowtorch will not work. I really wanted this game but sadly I cannot get past this scene.

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Dec 22, 17 3:11 PM
I was only able to play 10 minutes of the trial before I was told that it had expired. How can I see if the game works if this happens. Any suggestions?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 22, 17 3:21 PM
Mine wouldn't even install. I got a 706 error instead. As a result, i decided that it wasn't worth the effort and that I wouldn't try a second time.

So much for the Yuletide Legends sale. Games should be tested BEFORE they are sold.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 22, 17 4:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to provide help. Thank you so much for your patience.

tooliepoo: I am so sorry that there's been trouble with the blowtorch, even after all of the troubleshooting suggestions were followed. I've passed information about this issue along to the teams behind the game, and hopefully a solution will be found. Please contact our Technical Support Team, and they can replace the game for you.

dlk_shades: Sometimes, a trial version of a game will expire before the demo time or end of trial content has been reached. When this happens, reinstalling the game should make the trial playable again. The help page below will walk you through that process (even though it discusses purchased games):

How do I reinstall a game I've already purchased?

Rhysdux: I definitely understand not wanting to try installing a game a second time and am really sorry the game didn't install properly. The help page below offers some suggestions for how to troubleshoot games that won't install, just in case.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you'd prefer to replace the game, please contact our Support Team as well. They'll handle this for you as quickly as possible. If any new questions arise, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Dec 22, 17 10:27 PM
tooliepoo wrote:I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game four times even tried new users and still the blowtorch will not work. I really wanted this game but sadly I cannot get past this scene.
HelloTooliepoo, I had this same issue. You have to make sure you line up the end of the blow torch specifically on the cracks. When you do this you will see a liquid seal form around the cracks and be able to move on in the game. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by TaMeLN on Dec 23, 17 7:10 AM
Hop game: the bottom slider does not allow me to move all the way to the right, I can't get the gingerbread house, reindeer/sleigh or the star and tree to align.

[Post New]by tooliepoo on Dec 23, 17 8:00 AM
I have lined it up every time. The first time it looked like it was working it sealed part of one crack and then stopped. I really wanted this game but it just stops there

Go to: