Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 21, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 8:28:23 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 17 4:01 AM
Loved the first "Yuletide Legends" game, and love this one. Lovely graphics, colours, and gameplay. Thank you, devs, and Merry Christmas.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 21, 17 4:35 AM

Yuletide Legends has it all, Kings and Queens, Humans and demigods, Magic Fireflies, Reindeer with wings, and Jack Frosts' latest and greatest inventions! And this Collector's Edition version has everything you'd expect as well, including Morphing Objects in every scene, that give you extra Wallpapers, and collectible Santa Coins that allows you to buy all the necessary items to whip up a batch of Christmas Cookies, just in case Ember saves Christmas and Santa needs refueling!

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Dec 21, 17 6:19 AM
A really magical game! Playing as demigod(ess) with fire magic makes it even more enjoyable. But I love all features, this game has on its sleigh.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 21, 17 6:25 AM
@ rainworm

I couldn't agree more, a delightful Christmas game full of Christmas Magic and a modern day Grinch.

Here's a piece of my Christmas tree nextgengranny made for me Merry Christmas lol

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 21, 17 6:57 AM
After being a bit disappointed in this year's Christmas Stories offering (yes I know I'm in the minority there), I thought I'd give this game a whirl...and I am so glad I tried it.

The game has beautiful graphics and sound and challenging game play. The story line is interesting and while there's an evil ruler, one has hope that she will be converted by game's end. And Santa is there (spoiler: in peril but he is there ). After figuring out one of the puzzles with help from another fishie, I purchased this game and have thoroughly enjoyed playing thus far.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 21, 17 8:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 21, 17 10:56 AM
I already left a game page review for this game but just want to pop in here to say that I love the game more as I approach the end. What an awesome and beautiful game. Yes, the gameplay is a bit challenging which is a good thing for many of us but it is not so difficult that it should put anyone off from trying this wonderful game. IMHO, this should be an award winning Christmas game. And as someone else said that even though there is an evil queen, there is a strong message of hope and love throughout. Nothing could be more perfect for this time of year. Daily Magic you did such a terrific job designing and bringing this game to those of us here who love HOPAs. Please give it a try fishies, I don't think you will be disappointed. Happy gaming!

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 10:58:06 AM PST

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Dec 21, 17 12:36 PM
Tempest is a good name for the "evil" queen, though a better name would be Caliban.
Abandon a child because she can't control her powers?!?? I love her line - 'let me teach you about loneliness'

Good game, very colorful. Message of hope? Maybe as the story continues, but my mind/heart is stuck on the mistreatment of Queen Tempest. "Evil" springs from some dark place in a soul. I will keep playing if only to find out if someone loves her enough to melt her heart. Hopefully the end is honest enough for her parents to admit their neglect.

Off the soapbox, I will buy this. Best Christmas offering yet this year.

Happy Holidays!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 21, 17 1:08 PM
Super Christmas game Daily Magic! Superb graphics, music and artwork. Good story line that held my interest all the way through. Although it is a sad story about children that feel abandoned, and think they must act out in sheer anger and frustration, there is redemption in the end.

Merry Christmas and Happy Gaming!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 21, 17 3:52 PM
Beautiful graphics.... BUT...this game is way too busy for me. Lasted 30 minutes. You have so many things to remember....so many items to collect....and places to remember where they go. Your inventory is even too busy with tasks to complete...and the one hos I came across was filled with things to do and find. It was more like a puzzle to complete. You are constantly going back and forth and I found this game to get confusing and taxing. This was too much work and not enjoyable or relaxing. It is more of an adventure game with tons of items to collect and tasks to perform in just a few scenes. If you enjoy having to collect a million items and remember where they all need to go, then this one is for you. Was hoping to enjoy this game and that it would be much more balanced than it was, but it is not. It is one big disappointment.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 22, 17 3:56 AM
, pennmom, don't forget to include some ornaments!

I'm up in the air on this game. I'm considering buying it, but like cathybobcat, I would've preferred something more on the relaxing tip, which is what I was expecting based on last year's installment. I don't mind so much the HOPs being turned up a bit, although finding the correct placement for the gingerbread house was definitely in the category. On the other hand, I've already skipped one mini-game because of the nuisance factor involved (the one where moving one item moves all the others). The current sale isn't hitting it for me, either, so it will probably depend on what the weekend brings. My sense is that this will be an okay game, but I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I had thought I would be.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 22, 17 7:44 AM
@nextgengranny

I agree with you that this game doesn't blow you away, but it's a great good vs evil story about the grinch who stole Christmas. Beautiful graphics too.

ps: you're right, how rude of me to forget the and I totes forgot the I should also include some lights Hopefully the won't mess up this beautiful Christmas Tree!

pss: Santa Felix, we're REALLY stretching our imaginations here, could we please have some new icons? ??

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 22, 17 9:39 PM
pennmom, I was able to discern the storyline from the demo. When I read a book, my primary focus is the story; when I play a game, my primary focus is gameplay. As I said, if the weekend sale is a good one, I'll consider this game; otherwise, I'll pass. And since playing a Christmas game after Christmas isn't my cup of tea, I won't purchase it thereafter, unless it's next year. Too bad for the devs that chose to release it so late, but I guess that is what it is.

ETA: Bingo! (As in, "BOGO". ) Thanks, .

Edited on 12/23/2017 at 1:31:04 AM PST

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 23, 17 1:54 PM
just started wish there was a map. found it.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 8:12:19 AM PST

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Dec 23, 17 1:58 PM
In the beginning, this had the flavor of Christmas, then throughout the game, it had the flavor of restoring torches that were broken and help the Ice queen to understand why she was left alone and bring back Christmas the island,

the one thing I really enjoy about this game is you have a guide, the Firefly King that guides you to all the torches,

Near the very end of the game it had that Christmas feeling to it

I really enjoyed playing this game

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 24, 17 7:02 AM
sandicats5, you would know this by now, but for anyone else who might be wondering, you get your first map in the first HOP you play. As for the game, I've sat down w/ it twice now, & haven't finished it yet...very pretty, but eye candy aside, it hasn't really been holding my interest. Will make do, but I don't guess I'll be looking forward to next year's installment they way I did this year's.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 30, 17 8:17 AM
found the map. took a couple of days to finish as my likes to block screen. some of the puzzle I had to skip . Merry Christmas hope everyone got lots of

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Dec 30, 17 9:33 PM
Played the entire game but have to admit that I was disappointed in the game. Too much running around. Can not replay games to get achievements. Can not go back to collect coins for collection. I missed two. Most of all it wasn't worth the money for the length of the bonus chapter. It was too short.
No clear instructions for games, I hate skipping.
In bonus play there are a series of games to get the reindeer to the castle. The instructions are vague and then it goes ahead and gives you the hints.

The game also froze up several times when switching scenes, or just very slow.

I usually have no problems with little glitches and work around them, and have never written a bad review. But this game was just lacking in so many ways. Sorry.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 8, 18 1:31 AM
I have changed my opinion about this game. It started out all nice and fun, but it got boring and "just the same old" very quickly, which was a real shame, because I loved the first game in this series, and assumed this one would be just as great if not better, but it wasn't. Not a game I would ever want to replay.

Go to: