bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 20, 10 12:05 AM
Claire's partner has turned up dead, and police claim it was a suicide. Discover the truth in this fun Collector's Edition!

This is a special Collector's Edition early release. The game is scheduled to be released in 2-3 weeks so, the Collector's Edition is for those who can't wait to explore the Strange Cases. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases counts toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

Experience all the exclusive Collector's Edition extras!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 9:17:40 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bribling on May 20, 10 12:32 AM
Looks like a good game. I really like the graphics in the thumbs but i will wait for the regular edition. I have so far purchased 3 CEs and only one was worth the cost for me. I must say though that I used to pay much more for games so, in that light, the cost of a CE is not bad if you like the extra's. I have no interest in anything but extra levels and have mostly been disappointed in that with the other CEs except for Edgar Allen Poe which had a nice set of extra levels.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 20, 10 12:41 AM
I'm d/ling now. Won't be able to try it until the late afternoon. Like bribling, my main interest with CEs are extra or bonus levels. However, since this one is offering a downloadable "soundtrack," that is something that could make it worth the extra $$. Have to wait and see. G'nite all.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 20, 10 1:05 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Claire’s partner has turned up dead, and police claim it was a suicide. Discover the truth in this fun Collector’s Edition!

Did this make anyone else smile wryly, that juxtaposition of 'suicide' and 'fun' in the same line - don't get me wrong , I wasn't offended, but it did make me lol.

Be that as it may, I've played 25 minutes, love it - just hard enough for me and the hidden objects are findable, the interactions logical. Whether to go for CE or wait is something I'll have to think about - I'll deffo buy, but how much to spend, hmmmmm,

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 20, 10 1:10 AM
I LOVE this game!! Has it all IMO. A lot of thought has gone into it.
Might have to click the custom cursor off as it takes quite a few clicks on some objects to get them to move. But that's no big deal.
I had to laugh; the guy who fell off the building was 'Elvis'! I just knew he was still alive, albeit very briefly.............. :-))

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on May 20, 10 2:10 AM
35 minutes into the game and I'm loving it! I haven't been a member long enough to know how long after the Collector's Edition does the regular game come out? Is it usually weeks or months? I am so tempted to go ahead and purchase this, but that's a lot of money to spend before knowing the length of the game, etc. If it were $6.99 I'd purchase now. So far I give this game 's up!

well duh - I just re-read the original post saying that it will be out in 2-3 weeks so I will wait!

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 2:12:32 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 20, 10 2:27 AM
I am in minority here: too dark screens, and too "dark on dark" mini-small objects. Used too much the hint system. Pity.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 20, 10 4:10 AM
I couldn't remember the name of the game that this reminded of ? I had to go in to library to figure it out ,,,It was Tarot Mystery right ..? It has a familiar feel to it ? I have only played 20 min,,I did notice the silhouettes,,not very fond of them ,...,I guess you can make a CE out of almost any type of game now a days ?.. Which to me takes the C out of CE ...,,It doesn't appear that you would even need the strategy guide with this type of game , since there is amble hints ,I think so far I would prefer more mystery or investigation rather then straight hog ..But I will try it again,,Good Morning Every One

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 20, 10 4:16 AM
any ideas on length

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 20, 10 4:18 AM
Nope ...Know walkthrough so I'm in the dark about length ?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 20, 10 4:35 AM
does,nt seem to be many mini games yet either, i glanced at walkthru and i seemed to be in chapter 3 of eight if i remember correctly. but that always does,nt mean much..i have played games with lots of chapters only to have some chapters only last minutes. really on the fence here.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 20, 10 5:02 AM
There are 6 chapters plus the bonus chapter.

It seems like 3-4 hour game. I am on chapter 5 after 3 hours and I have been very very leisurely about playing it.

Fast players may even finish it under 3 hours.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 20, 10 8:46 AM
THANKS, GOVEGIRL

I am still on the fence about Demo it ??

I guess so, it doesn't cost anything

PEN

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 20, 10 12:59 PM
nelliegemini wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Claire’s partner has turned up dead, and police claim it was a suicide. Discover the truth in this fun Collector’s Edition!
Did this make anyone else smile wryly, that juxtaposition of 'suicide' and 'fun' in the same line - don't get me wrong , I wasn't offended, but it did make me lol.
I noticed "dead" and "fun" together at once, had to grin also.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on May 22, 10 6:14 AM
Well I downloaded the trial and was completely frustrated trying to find the remote for the video so I could find the code for the safe. Every room said there was nothing in it and neither the hints nor the "skip" worked so deleted the game. With no walkthrough, there was nowhere for me to go.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 22, 10 6:21 AM
folkdance wrote:Well I downloaded the trial and was completely frustrated trying to find the remote for the video so I could find the code for the safe. Every room said there was nothing in it and neither the hints nor the "skip" worked so deleted the game. With no walkthrough, there was nowhere for me to go.

Sorry you are having trouble. The walkthrough is included in the game. Look in the Extras menu. You will find the remote in the bathroom.

[Post New]by BessieSmith on Aug 7, 10 8:56 AM
The aspect of this game that's frustrating me the most is that the SKIP key doesn't work. A few of those puzzles are baffling me, and I don't want to spend the time to try every possible solution. If the SKIP key doesn't work, the game is no good to me. The game also seems to occasionally freeze up. (I'm running Leopard on a MacBook.) All in all, I'm very disappointed in this game. I keep waiting for something akin to the Poe game, but the equivalent doesn't seem to come along. I'm becoming fed up with Big Fish.

Is there any way to contact Customer Help?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 7, 10 10:17 AM
BessieSmith wrote:Is there any way to contact Customer Help?
Yes. Click on the green envelope on the right in this forum, then click on the Contact Us hyperlink at bottom left, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

Aquarist
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Aquarist on Feb 15, 14 2:30 PM
I'm all sorted out now but I had a very frustrating problem with this game. I got as far as the laboratory catching fire and had escaped to the basement but then, when I tried to resume, the game would not proceed any further and collapsed to the desktop after the initial splash screen. (This was on the iPad.) Eventually, in fact after several weeks, I decided to restart, as I really wanted to solve the mystery (glutton for punishment, eh?). Redoing all those HOSs was so annoying! I got past the burning building but then it came to a halt again! I powered down my iPad, counted to ten, then restarted and, great relief, it resumed and I got to the end. I even did the extras, which was rather sad, knowing that Tom had died but having to follow his investigation anyway. It is a very good game but the technical problems were something I could have done without. Your support could not do much but were nice to me!

Go to: