bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for KaromatiX - The Broken World

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 20, 10 1:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of KaromatiX - The Broken World? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for KaromatiX - The Broken World

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 20, 10 3:36 AM
This game reminding me of TeKKOut, where you have to break all of the bricks to complete the level, this game is the same way. The difference is you're matching 3 of the same color to destroy the set. I noticed three modes, Adventure and Classic, Endless Game and Single game puzzle. The timed mode wasn't so hard, as long as you continue making matches, the time gauge will move back up again. I also realized for the time I did play, the levels were more challenging and the arrow was helpful when aiming. If you liked TeKKOut as well as a M3 fan, it wouldn't hurt to give this one a try. I hope you all enjoy it and as always...Happy Gaming!!!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 20, 10 4:15 AM
The graphics in the game are beautiful. The scenes and game boards are very well done.

Game play is a little different. Fire from a paddle at the bottom ot the board to make matches of 3 or more tiles. There are several versions and even the timed version (adventure) didn't seem rushed.

I actually found the music pretty good. Unusual in a game of this type - or any type!

Will I buy it? No. Why? The developers seem to be in love with their graphics and special effects. There isn't any way to click between levels to speed up the transition. Match 3rs will know what I mean - information comes drip, drip, drip, but if you click, it's all there & you can move on to the next level. Well, here you can't. And it's not that the transition is ugly or anything, it's just that I can't move through it to get on with the game. If this irrates me at the very start of the game, I'd be postal before I got very far.

With a very small fix - way to move between the levels faster - this would be a really good game. Maybe the developers will drop by and read this...

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 20, 10 5:29 AM

This game has potential!

Pull it out of slow motion and you've got a possible hit on you hands!

"Painfully slow"!

No buy at this speed for me

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 20, 10 7:42 AM
The game isn`t slow on my laptop, but anyway... its not a match 3 game like it is listed, it is more a marple popper game. Its a okay game and no waste of time to play the trial but not worth my money. No buy for me.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on May 20, 10 11:41 AM
Don't write much but had to comment on this. This game had great potential - great graphics, interesting story as far as I got and good game play.

However, as others have said, it is way too slow. "You Win" pops up after every level and sits there........, it then goes to a screen where pieces of picture are restored and sits there........ There is no opportunity to click past these and the wait seems forever.

The other thing that bothers me is that when you click the "Continue" button, the sound is the same sound I get when I have done something wrong in other programs. This was hugely annoying to me.

Would have purchased except for the above.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 20, 10 11:47 AM
Oh yeah, way too slow! Couldn't stand it. After a couple of levels I found I was grinding my teeth. Don't need the aggravation - or the dental bills!!

This is actually an interesting concept. Definitely a marble popper type rather than a traditional match 3. Interesting to use squares instead of balls.

The graphics were good. I found the music very annoying but that's easy to turn off. I would have liked to play longer but that slow down between levels is just a huge turn off for me.

Let's hope the developers are listening and fix this soon. Until they do, it's a definite no-buy for me.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 20, 10 12:12 PM
This one was a simple decision for me: I hate the timer, and I don't like to be forced into fast play. Too bad, because people are right that the game has potential. If it comes back without a timer, I'll be interested.

I'm running it on Windows Vista with everything upgraded, and I did not have any slowness problem.

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on May 20, 10 4:43 PM
Just played 30 mins of demo .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!! I am a great M3 fan and the idea of this was great, but it was TTTOOOOO SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!! No buy for me, but great for getting to sleep. Off to bed now ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on May 20, 10 10:00 PM
This game is both beautiful and musical. But I have to agree that it is a slow game and it is too long between levels. I think this would be a good game for those who are learning to play m3 games, or for someone who really likes to relax...there is no hard decision making. I am 71, and I like m3 games. But this was almost too slow even for me. But it is beautiful. When I am stressed out, this will be good. Or when I don't want to think.

gam2019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gam2019 on May 21, 10 9:43 AM
it's slow and I could not really concentrate on what I was doing because all of the gobbledy goop printing in the way. Wouldn't buy and quite frankly I didn't even finish the hour demo....sorry, not for me.

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 9:43:40 AM PST

[Post New]by ladycobra3 on May 22, 10 11:46 PM
I have to agree with a lot of the comments. This game was way to slow. I felt like I needed to play another game in between these levels. I made it as far as the second level and could not take it any longer. The print on the screen was a total mess. Could not even tell what it said. Will be passing on this one.

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on May 23, 10 9:51 PM
When I downloaded this game I remember it similar to others, it is not literally slow as in runs slow on a computer, the pace is intentionally slow. It reminded me a bit of brick breaker games, I did not like that the mouse didn't go away so you could kind of 'aim' with the mouse. Even then it seemed kind of inaccurate. I would like to see more physics in this game, bouncing or sliding or something. Right now it is just point and shoot, and I found myself missing on accident, which is frustrating. I agree with the other reviewers that it has potential, but it does just seem that the pace is all wrong, most match 3 games have a fast pace because it is so easy to match 3 colors that part of the challenge is that it is fast moving, pizza chef for instance, gets it right a little more. The look of the game is good though and perhaps if they come up with a second version they may make some improvements, who knows.

[Post New]by sharddm on May 26, 10 9:56 AM
In "Comment and Review"...TerryMann told that there were three modes=
Adventure/Classic, endless game and single game play. Those options are not on the game I downloaded. AND...there is no save game option...except when you exit the game. IF YOU time out three times at any level, 3rd, 6th or what ever...instead of having to play that level over again...it takes you clear back to the begining of the game. I like the game and have never played this type of game before and would probably try another simular game...I will just hope for more options.
Thanks for putting up with this loooong-winded article. Shard

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 10:10:49 AM PST

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on May 30, 10 10:49 PM
I was all the way to level 112. Could not get it in three tries, and was sent back to level 1. What a bummer. I don't know if I want to play it all over again! On the last scene and you have to start over? I do not think so. And you cannot play the singles until you finish the adventure. I think the game needs a little change.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Jun 1, 10 6:28 PM
I enjoyed the play but won't even finish the demo because of the time it takes for the puzzle pieces to put themselves together. Very, very annoying and no way to click through it. Too bad, because otherwise it seemed like a good game.

[Post New]by AzMikeShelleAz on Jun 2, 10 8:09 AM
one word: BORING- about put me to sleep lol

[Post New]by georgeorpat1935 on Jul 14, 10 1:03 PM
Good thing I had a free-bee........wouldn't have bought otherwise.....My grandson can play with no trouble it's THAT SLOW............
Where are all the people who ask for comments & then don't come back the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO: IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUY DON"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by William212 on Jul 16, 10 12:21 PM
I bought the game but it is slow between levels and also it is a bummer when you have to go all the way back to the beginning when you lose a level. That sucks. I would not recommend this game to others. for those reasons.
Them base game is good. it could be a hit. but allow restarting levels and make them harder by adding more colors to a level

Bill

[Post New]by albismom on Jul 28, 10 8:17 PM
I keep persevering with this game......... I am on my 11th try to get past level 99. I would dearly love to hear if anyone has ever finished this game to see if they win any sort of prize at the end! LOL I feel like tossing it in, but then I don't want a simple game to beat me!!
BTW I am 63 and use games to keep my reflexes sharp!

Go to: