bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 20, 10 1:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by turmanators on May 20, 10 5:41 AM
I am unable to access the safe code via the DVD. No "remote control" appears for me, and my screen does not look like the example in the walkthrough. The game will not allow me to utilize the skip button, either, so I am stuck at this portion of the game.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by prchalpn on May 20, 10 6:00 AM

*Spoiler*

The controller is in the bathroom. Look for the items on list after you find the card.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 20, 10 6:54 AM
turmanators wrote:I am unable to access the safe code via the DVD. No "remote control" appears for me, and my screen does not look like the example in the walkthrough. The game will not allow me to utilize the skip button, either, so I am stuck at this portion of the game.

You can't use the hint button until you've done all the things needed to play the mini-game. You should look around more, and if necessary refer to Strategy guide.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on May 20, 10 9:58 AM
hey, for 20 bucks u figure they could get it right. every time i click on the chemistry in the cabin the game freezes and i have to shut down the game with windows manager. so i can never get past that point. it's frustrating. i will try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if this works. please post if anybody else is having the same issue. it always works fine up until that point.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on May 20, 10 11:27 AM
My game keeps freezing. I got as far as the lab, but when I tried to zoom on the chemistry area it froze and I was unable to finish the scene. I'm not sure the game is worth the CE price.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 20, 10 11:34 AM
Hi fishies,

If your game is freezing, you may want to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The great thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a help article that will walk you through the steps!

Game Crashing, Freezing,Blank Screen

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on May 20, 10 4:04 PM
Page #1 from the customer support handbook: if the games crashes blame the user and the drivers, sure would be nice to get a new answer. Drivers are all up to date and directx is current. Try again.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on May 20, 10 4:26 PM
thanks, i feel the same. it's a brand new computer. all my drivers are up to date. its only when i click on the chemistry!!! i already bought the game. this sucks

[Post New]by bella29 on May 20, 10 6:34 PM
I can't even get the game to start, i click on play after i have added my name, and nothing happens...even clicking on exit doesn't work.
The only thing that works is the extras, and even then i can't close the screen. I have to use the old "CTRL+ALT+DELETE".
My computer is new, the drivers are up to date, and i have more than enough of the resources to play it.
This is really annoying, is there anything we can do to get the game to actually WORK?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 21, 10 1:04 AM
Same thing for me. Downloaded the game, and all I have is a blank screen, can't even get rid of the game, only way, CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and even though it blocks all my other BFG, so I have to turn off my computer and restart everything. Same thing happened to me with "Love Chronichles". I had to wait for the non CE, and it did work. Quite annoying. Tried the forum's help, but nothing works.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on May 21, 10 1:12 AM
yes, i did try uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. i'd hate to ask for my money back for this one, but it looks like that will be my only option. i tried the help pages, but as my computer is only 1 month new, i have all the updated drivers and video cards. it's very dissapointing, cause i really enjoy these games. so if anybody has any other ideas it would be welcomed. if not, bf, i see you on chat for my money back.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on May 21, 10 8:40 PM
I also crash at the Chemisty game and can't get past it. Reinstalled. Verified that all drivers are up-to-date.

It was seeming like a good game, so I'm bummed.

[Post New]by kittiboo26 on May 21, 10 10:28 PM
I'm having the exact same problems that everyone else is having. I noticed it this afternoon & decided to wait on contacting BF until I saw if others are having the problem. It sounds to me like they need a patch for this game already & I, to, am angry that a 20 dollar game is not in better shape after being beta tested. Not to mention that just like several of you, I have a new pc. I am not at ALL thrilled with the way things are going with this game.

[Post New]by jennyoliver1 on May 22, 10 12:31 AM
Played for about 2 1/2 or 3 hours. Exited. When I went to play the game again it had completely wiped out my profile and made me start fom the beginning. NOT happy!!!

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on May 22, 10 12:36 AM
Once again problems with a game recently, can t play all i get is a black screen . Recently many problems with games on BF, my computer is only 2 years old, so please what s the problem ?

flablonde
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by flablonde on May 22, 10 12:38 AM
I won't be buying this game after trying the demo........the SKIP button won't work on the safe nor will the code work on the safe. Sorry BF...but this game has some glitches, and thanks to this forum...it isn't my NEW computer!

Restricted area laser room 1

[Post New]by kit_e_kat on May 22, 10 1:56 AM
Got this far and now can't seem to go any further. Have used the spray on the 3 laser beams. every time I try hint, it tells me that I have done everything I can do here. If i go back in the game and try hint, ti just leads me back to the laser room????

[Post New]by barbarajean7 on May 22, 10 12:47 PM
Can't get pass the lazor rooms What do I do now?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 22, 10 1:23 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are stuck in an area and need a hint, you can access the strategy guide from the Extras Menu. If you have followed the steps in the walkthrough and are still unable to move forward, it may be a technical issue that our Customer Support may be able to help you with. Just click the green envelope to the right.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Go to: