ptdreamers
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Hint challenge

[Post New]by ptdreamers on Dec 21, 17 10:16 AM
any ideas on how to get 70 hints in a timely manner. It generally take two minutes to recharge.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:Hint challenge

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Dec 21, 17 10:25 AM
You can also use the wands & lightning flashes
Good Luck

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 21, 17 11:19 AM
and crystal balls ..

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 21, 17 11:21 AM
And turning ON night mode will give you more opportunities to use the lightning flashes.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 21, 17 12:08 PM
TiramaSue, that is a brilliant piece of advice. This combines my two least favorite parts of the game. I never play night mode and usually just keep an HO open and tap until the challenge is met. With your advice I might in a few years actually reach night mode achievement.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 21, 17 12:17 PM
My method...

1. Start HOS and click the Free hint to let it start recharging. Finish HOS.

2. Start Next HOS and use wand, crystal ball, or a lightning flash. Finish HOS.

3. Start Next HOS if free hint is ready use it or repeat last step and use free hint on next HOS.

Repeat steps 1 thru 3.

That gives me one hint per HOS and at least one-third are free. I'll only need to do 70 HOS and get needed items (decorations/wands/pink boxes/etc.). I can do all 70 within an hour and complete the task.

My 2

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 21, 17 12:35 PM
Lilabelle wrote:TiramaSue, that is a brilliant piece of advice. This combines my two least favorite parts of the game. I never play night mode and usually just keep an HO open and tap until the challenge is met. With your advice I might in a few years actually reach night mode achievement.

Just to clarify:

You don't get credit toward the achievement for playing night mode if you use a lightning flash to turn night mode off.

But, you could use wands and crystal balls while playing in night mode and get credit for the hints challenge task and for completing the scene in night mode.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 21, 17 12:37 PM
silver_hawk wrote:My method...

3. Start Next HOS if free hint is ready use it or repeat last step and use free hint on next HOS.

Repeat steps 1 thru 3.

That gives me one hint per HOS and at least one-third are free. I'll only need to do 70 HOS and get needed items (decorations/wands/pink boxes/etc.). I can do all 70 within an hour and complete the task.

My 2

However, if you plan to do the scenes in the Christmas room, you won't be able to use lightning flashes, since those scenes only have list mode.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 21, 17 12:48 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:My method...

Repeat steps 1 thru 3.

My 2

However, if you plan to do the scenes in the Christmas room, you won't be able to use lightning flashes, since those scenes only have list mode.

Oh right Good point. That's how I've done the tasks in prior CC's in regular HOS.

At least the crystal balls and wands will work. Will save the lightning flashes for the next CC or just do regular HOS for this task.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 21, 17 12:59 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

Oh right Good point. That's how I've done the tasks in prior CC's in regular HOS.

At least the crystal balls and wands will work. Will save the lightning flashes for the next CC or just do regular HOS for this task.

I'm still stuck on the airship task, but when I do get to this one, I'm planning to play outside the Christmas Room. I need to do extra scenes to make up for the 3 days I missed.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 22, 17 8:15 AM
I discovered that the countdown in the Christmas rooms continues when the HOS are closed out. I'd opened one that sholud have been still counting down, but it was full. It happened a second time. So, I checked-the counter was at 47 seconds. i did some butterflies. Opened the next room and the counter was down to 14 seconds. That helps a lot!

Have fun stormin' the castle!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 22, 17 8:24 AM
mamarose1900 wrote:I discovered that the countdown in the Christmas rooms continues when the HOS are closed out. I'd opened one that sholud have been still counting down, but it was full. It happened a second time. So, I checked-the counter was at 47 seconds. i did some butterflies. Opened the next room and the counter was down to 14 seconds. That helps a lot!

Not just you. I noticed that too. Pretty cool. If it is a glitch I was happy to have it.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 22, 17 8:59 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
mamarose1900 wrote:I discovered that the countdown in the Christmas rooms continues when the HOS are closed out. I'd opened one that sholud have been still counting down, but it was full. It happened a second time. So, I checked-the counter was at 47 seconds. i did some butterflies. Opened the next room and the counter was down to 14 seconds. That helps a lot!

Not just you. I noticed that too. Pretty cool. If it is a glitch I was happy to have it.

And you kept this a secret from me because?

Off to switch to working on the hints in the Christmas Room.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 22, 17 9:22 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:
mamarose1900 wrote:I discovered that the countdown in the Christmas rooms continues when the HOS are closed out.

And you kept this a secret from me because?

Off to switch to working on the hints in the Christmas Room.

Any consolation I only noticed when working on my main game this morning.

I didn't pay that much attention last night when working on my other game. I was just trying to get through it quickly because I was in quite a bit of pain last night.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 22, 17 9:31 AM
silver_hawk wrote:

Any consolation I only noticed when working on my main game this morning.

I didn't pay that much attention last night when working on my other game. I was just trying to get through it quickly because I was in quite a bit of pain last night.

No problems. I would have continued playing the non-Christmas rooms, but my eyes are itchy and teary and I'm tired of getting those 10 coins instead of an inventory item. If the developers insist on giving me coins, might as well play for 250 coins.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 22, 17 10:19 AM
Plan worked 3 night modes on 2 main games done, only a few years left to go.
As Always Happy Gaming to All

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Dec 22, 17 1:17 PM
I've finished the hint challenge in all my games. I'm annoyed with myself 'cause I didn't think to turn the Night Mode on. Went from room to room changing them with the flash but it didn't occur to me to turn that on. Plus I didn't realise about the timer in the Christmas room. Grrr!!

Go to: