Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 22, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/22/2017 at 9:15:16 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 22, 17 9:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Christmas Stories: A Little Prince here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Christmas Stories: A Little Prince.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 22, 17 10:18 AM

It's rare lately, that I've been able to play an entire game without being bored to tears. Not only was I able to finish this latest edition of Christmas Stories, but I wanted to finish it! Yes, it only has three chapters, but they are fairly long chapters, and the length was perfect. You don't always need a ton of chapters to tell a story, and oftentimes, they just throw in a bunch of unnecessary fillers, and for me, that's what becomes boring, when you have to do a bunch of meaningless and repetitive tasks. I loved the story, I loved the game, it's not my favorite Christmas Stories, but when you start off with the Nutcracker, it's a little hard to compete with that!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 23, 17 10:01 PM
My opinion of this game (from the demo) has not changed from that of playing the CE demo. The only thing going for this is the graphics which are very colorful and bright. They are beautifully done.

There is too much having to collect an excess of inventory to place here and there, and going back and forth to do it. I usually mute the music, but this time turned it on, hoping to hear some Christmas music....but all there was is some bland repetitive piano music that after a while became depressing and monotonous (like this game play), so I turned it off.

The puzzles far outweigh the hos, as usual, and I skipped most of them. There are just too many of them. I liked the hos, thought they were well done, but wished there had been more of them. It is relaxing to take a break with a hos, especially from all the busy work you have to do, as well as being confronted with numerous puzzles. The time spent in the hos is miniscule compared to the time spent with everything else in this game....in most games. It is not a pleasure.

Joe, the fox is cute, but could have done without a helper because they only slow up game play. It seemed to be geared for children to have him, but I honestly don't think any young person is going to keep an interest in this game because of all the busyness of inventory and puzzles. It is not well balanced and I don't have any interest in it, myself...especially from looking over the walkthrough and seeing all of the remaining puzzle/mini games. It is a disappointment, once again.

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Dec 23, 17 10:21 PM
I enjoyed playing this game, I guess because it's Christmas. At least until I ran into a puzzle that I cannot solve and get no helpful hints. I don't know what this type of puzzle is called but it's the one where there are layover screens to find the horoscope signs. I have it down to two, Scorpio and the Fire of Life. I, unfortunately, give up because I have tried it 3 or 4 times, tried the walkthrough and the hints just show the bars to move the screens back and forth, up and down. Any help out there? I have to give it up and can't go anywhere without solving this first. Thanks.

[Post New]by minniesamson on Dec 30, 17 4:09 AM
Truly loved this game.
It had the right length, the story was great & it was fun & relaxing to play.
I'm not into puzzle games so I was happy to be allowed to skip them all.

Go to: