msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

Reading Room - Rotating Rings Puzzle

[Post New]by msmithnc on May 21, 10 5:57 AM
I'm really enjoying this game, and liked the puzzles (thought-provoking and interesting to solve) until this one! The Strategy Guide is no help at all here. I can't see any way to get the symbol on the outer ring inside or to the left of the symbol on the next inner ring. There must be a trick I'm not seeing. A screen shot of the completed puzzle would be very helpful (which is what the Strategy Guide should give us)! Help, anyone? Spoilers welcome!

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

Re:Reading Room - Rotating Rings Puzzle

[Post New]by msmithnc on May 21, 10 5:12 PM
Gosh, can't any of you who have solved this puzzle help? I know I can skip it, but I'd like to find out why I can't figure it out! I just can't see any way to get the symbols in the orientations shown in the blueprint...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 21, 10 5:32 PM
Hi msmithnc!

Sorry you are having trouble. I am unsure what you need. The solution for the blueprint puzzle is in the strategy guide. You do not put the symbols in a row. Rotate the circles so that the orientation of each symbol matches the paper. Some need to be turned sideways, some upside down....

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on May 21, 10 7:45 PM
You have given me the clue I needed! I was trying to line them up right to left as in the picture, which is impossible. I did notice the orientation of the individual symbols, but didn't realize that was what was important, not the order of the symbols. It's hard to explain!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 21, 10 8:25 PM
Glad you were able to work it out. Enjoy the rest of the game!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 30, 10 8:19 PM
I have been playing this mini game for an hour and still don't get it. Have read the "orientation of the symbols" but it's not sinking into my brain. Getting very frustrated and feeling like duh~

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 30, 10 9:13 PM
lvfao wrote:I have been playing this mini game for an hour and still don't get it. Have read the "orientation of the symbols" but it's not sinking into my brain. Getting very frustrated and feeling like duh~

Look at the symbol with the crescent moon in it .. see how it is facing in the diagram? Turn the ring until the moon is facing the same way....

Do this with each symbol.

Go to the Extras menu in your game for a screenshot of the solution.

I hope this helps.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 31, 10 4:20 PM
Thanks for the help....i ended up going back a few steps and realized i hadn't quite completed all i needed, so it was pretty much easy after i got things in order. this game is not your father's oldsmobile!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 1, 10 10:35 PM
Glad you were able to work it out!

Go to: