MamaK9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Help Please in Cemetery - Lady with Shovel

[Post New]by MamaK9 on May 21, 10 7:37 AM
I really, really, love this game but I am SO stuck! I'm in the cemetery, have found all the items, given the shovel to the lady in the hole and have been trying to catch the Anchor. The walkthrough simply says to catch it (in the walkthrough, it says catch the crown, but my game says anchor), but it seems that's a whole lot easier said than done. I've put my cursor on the other hole, in the middle of them, on the shovel, near the shovel, left clicking from the time it leaves the hole, clicking once at various places, you name it, I've tried it. The cursor looks as though it is right on it, but when I click, nothing happens. Has anyone been able to catch their item and if so, would you please tell me how you did it? It seems I can't go any further with the game until this is accomplished, there's no "skip" and the hint just shows the hole with the shovel.

Thank you so much.
Cher

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Help Please in Cemetery - Lady with Shovel

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 10 7:50 AM
Hi MamaK9, welcome .

Yes I have just recently managed to catch my item which was a crown but it is pretty difficult as you have to click when it is under your cursor for that split second. I eventually caught it just before it would have disappeared down the hole on the right.

I am afraid that I can't give you any more help than that, sorry.

Fins crossed that you eventually manage it. Good luck.

C

MamaK9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MamaK9 on May 21, 10 8:04 AM
Aw, thank you cherbtoo
At least I know it can be done now. Just one of "dem" things I guess, LOL!
I'll go back and keep trying, the game is so marvelous I'd hate to have this one little thing keep me from going further.

And thank you for your welcome too! This is such a wonderful site, everyone has always been so kind and helpful whenever I've posted.

MamaK9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MamaK9 on May 21, 10 8:22 AM
Yippeee! I did it finally! Woo Woo!
Thank you for crossing your fins cherbtoo - I'm quite sure that's what did the trick, yep, I'm sure, LOL!

The other thing I did was: I knew the "order" of the items was bottle, skull and then anchor, so as soon as the shovel went down to dig for the anchor, I started clicking as fast as I could on a spot I knew the anchor would pass over. It probably isn't the right way to do it, but it worked and I'm off to the next scene.

Thanks again, I'm a happy little Seahorse (who is also grateful the big Shark didn't eat her, hehehehehe)

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 21, 10 1:49 PM
Missed catching the "anchor" and now she is through throwing things out. I've left the game and gone back but she still won't shovel any more. Do I have to start all over?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 22, 10 5:57 AM
Oh rats!! I'm stuck at the same place but my item is a crown. I kept thinking an anchor is bigger and may have a chance. But same crazymaking for you. I've been clicking for at least a half hour, soon as anchor comes up I know crown is next. I too tried every spot on the curve and both holes and I KNOW I've hit it several times just as it's going down the right. I decided you have to get all the other items first then crown catch last. Had to get 2 of those with hints.

I clicked Hint with only the crown left and it shows the target to be in the left hole but sure no time to see it coming. Going to try what you said just keep clicking as soon as the anchor comes up. Afraid the pointer may penalize and stop. I really thought there may be a "magic" trick to this, something simple to do but noooo LOL

The chirp sound was getting on my nerves so tried to pause by going to menu then options but sound continued. I hit the map and sound stopped, then had to go back to cemetary and back to this location to try again. Of all the things to have NO SKIP argggggg. Must be something wrong with my reflexes then, not a glitch. So far no bugs in mine and if you did it I guess it's me, not the game

I'll keep trying, may have to kill the sound totally, outside of THIS I love this game and was taking my time to enjoy it and find everything. Thx for tip and inspiration.

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 6:00:05 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 22, 10 6:04 AM
Neeevvvveeerrrrrr mind - I GOT IT!! Second try when I went back, missed on left hole, moved to right where I thought I hit it before. This time as soon as the anchor went in first I clicked like crazy on the right hole and BINGO, flames.

Thank you for that fast click tip!! Back to the fun. as soon as my blood pressure goes back down.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on May 22, 10 3:31 PM
LOL! I think I have clicked my mouse more in the last half hour than since I bought my computer. Wonder if I can freeze the game. Grrrrrr!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 22, 10 3:37 PM
Funny thing, today we have a thread in Chit Chat as to what we
DO NOT LIKE in games. And here I've gone an bought one with
one of my pet peeves. Trying to catch the anchor which to me
is an ARCADE style feature in a non-arcade game, and again no skip.
So very sorry I had forgotten about the swinging skeleton in the
original

So twenty minutes of trying everyday and maybe SOMEDAY, i'll get it.
Had to have a kid come in and do the skeleton for me. For we
oldsters with physical problems, would a skip feature be too much
to ask on a physical type mini? There is sure no problem including
a skip for the mental challenges!

Forgive me for whining, but I so wanted to keep playing.

Maybe whining helps! Two more tries yesterday and one today and
I DID CATCH THE ANCHOR, NO KID NEEDED. Thanks for letting
me vent, now back to those ghostly pirates.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 7:22:10 AM PST

dragond
Clownfish
Clownfish
510 Posts

[Post New]by dragond on May 23, 10 1:31 AM
Me too! So glad the forum is here! Had to click really fast to finally get the anchor when it started to go into the hole to the right. It took forever and the help here to figure I wasn't the only one! Thanks for the post and the help!

Love this game so far!

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on May 23, 10 8:14 AM
So I am not the only one stuck in the cemetery....(and why does it say a crown in the walkthrough?) I clicked on that dam anchor for at least an hour last nite.
BUT we have a new day, and I decided not to take a shovel to my computer. Thanks all you good soldiers out in forumland, for I know now, I AM NOT ALONE. I will catch that bleep...!!! bleep...@@@@@@@nchor

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 23, 10 12:46 PM
whine time again............................naah, never mind.

I just don't like arcade type minis I'm not agile enogh to do and no skips
for 'em. And more than one in this sequel. Uninstall and try to forget I bought it.

Here comes the "mea culpa". Better mood today. Went back and got the
coin enough times to finally get all five black cats.

Got all the way to the caves and woe, woe, woe a "lift the door, shove
something quickly under" puzzle like the infamous monkey cage
in the original that I never could do and oh bless you, bless you
developers, YOU GAVE ME A SKIP. Now that's class. Will have to
find you to thank you, 'cause this is a trully humerous game.

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 2:38:33 PM PST

filo9o5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by filo9o5 on May 23, 10 2:39 PM
for me is the same thing is impossible to cathc the crowm and the walktrough there isn't any help j hope in your reply j have paid a game that doesn't wark!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 24, 10 5:17 AM
Penny1942 wrote:Missed catching the "anchor" and now she is through throwing things out. I've left the game and gone back but she still won't shovel any more. Do I have to start all over?

If you cleared your list and received your black spot, you should be fine. She only tosses out 5 or 6 items. You should only need 2 of those items. Once she is done, whatever item (s) is left on your list to locate, you need to locate within the scene itself.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 24, 10 10:02 AM
dragond wrote:Me too! So glad the forum is here! Had to click really fast to finally get the anchor when it started to go into the hole to the right. It took forever and the help here to figure I wasn't the only one! Thanks for the post and the help!

Love this game so far!

I love you guys ! I've now caught the crown twice !!

Thanks loads.

Go to: