To Friends of Tip/

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

To Friends of Tip/

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Dec 23, 17 8:56 AM
Dear Friends,

I am sorry to say my game was hijack yesterday eve. Please do not gift her. I had a mini update and game stated to come back later to play. I reboot computer and my game was now at player level 1. It was a good run and I enjoyed playing with you all. I will sorely miss you all but I do not have the strength or stamina to try to play it back to level 82. I have played this game for 3 1/2 years and was have to keep up on the updates and castle challenges. I cannot state what emotion I am feeling at the moment as I am mostly numb. Yes mods I am aware to put this in the tech thread but I feel my friends need to delete my game if it's still there.

To the individual you received my game: Must be nice to have the game which has most of achievements, rooms, monies, diamonds and sundries for Christmas.

I will you all to have the best Christmas with you and yours.

Goodbye and good luck to you all.
mamacass14

Re:To Friends of Tip/

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Dec 23, 17 9:05 AM
Hi , I am sorry you lost your game especially at this time of year or any time of year for that matter . Have you tried contacting Customer Support , give them your ID # and they can help you .

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Dec 23, 17 9:30 AM
Hi Arizona,

Customer service will not be able to help me. One of my friends lost their game last year and they only asked for screen shots of everything. My game was overwritten to player one. I also do not do screen shots as it takes to much of my memory on my computer. I always stated that if this ever happened to me, I would quit the game as it was only the first MC Christmas that gave me the hope to keep going. I do believe Customer Service is only able to help people who are transferring their game to another computer. I do not think they have the capacity to actual look in the cloud to locate the game and all it sundries.

Have fun Arizona.
Mamacass14

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Dec 23, 17 9:42 AM
Folks, I think this is the season to beware. Last year around this time, my good friend "Two Ton Fury" was hi-jacked. BF refused to restore her game unless she had screen shots of ALL pages. Needless to say, she is gone, and I miss her very much. Now Tip.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this happens when we have our rooms open for access.
To the person or persons who is doing this: SHAME ON YOU. You deserve coal in your Christmas stocking or worse.

Somehow, these people must be getting inside our computers, as Tip told me her "app data" files have changed. I was going to help her copy and paste her game. The way Tip explained it to me, was last night she had to "control/alt/delete" to get out of the game. And when she came back she was "Player 1". She had not accepted any new friends, BUT, she did tell me that someone she did not know had been requesting to be a friend for a very long time, although she never accepted them.

Tip is gone from both of my games. I don't even have "Player 1".

I could be wrong, but I am inclined to point the finger at the cheaters in the tournaments. Clearly they have privileged information on how to modify this game.

I have no more words...now Tip is gone too. Who will be next??

Linet

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 23, 17 10:06 AM
NoFishToday wrote:

Tip is gone from both of my games. I don't even have "Player 1".

I can't find her either. However, my friend count is still the same. The only card I notice is different is the one with now the player name of "Merry Christmas all". Did Tip change her name to a greeting? and that is perhaps you can't find her in your list of friends? Shows level 42 with the lady avatar.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 23, 17 10:09 AM
Before you give up completely. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling just in case it's just a hic-up. It's worth a try before totally throwing in the towel.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 23, 17 10:36 AM
Should we be deleting people on our friends list with the name Player?...I have one using that name, not Player 1....just Player...

If someone hijacks your game are they also hijacking your game code #...? I am very worried about how this can happen and what we can do about it....

Edited on 12/23/2017 at 10:48:26 AM PST

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Dec 23, 17 11:08 AM
silver_hawk wrote:Before you give up completely. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling just in case it's just a hic-up. It's worth a try before totally throwing in the towel.

Silverhawk,

I uninstalled/reinstalled and it still shows me as player level 1. My id is 279204 which was on level 82 and stated Tip/SwapHats as I was finishing the hint portion of the challenge when this all happened.

Should we be deleting people on our friends list with the name Player?...I have one using that name, not Player 1....just Player...

Katijay, I posted my id above for player so you know if it is the same one as your player. From what I understand of it all once it is done it is done and CS will not be able to get your old game once it is overridden. My App Data shows that it has my old game but if you click on it shows the capacity is only for a newly formed game.

Bless you all for trying to help.
Mamacass14

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 23, 17 11:56 AM
So very sorry mamacass

I tried searching for your game in the "add a friend" search function by your number and name. No matches found so your game has indeed disappeared completely.

My heart aches for you.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Dec 23, 17 12:02 PM
Well as Cap'n Randy would say " CRAPONACRACKER "

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 23, 17 12:04 PM
Same here and I hope whoever did this has a heap of bad Carma coming their way....You were not on my friend list, but hate to see this happen to anyone...take care you will be missed...

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Dec 23, 17 12:09 PM
Thank you for your condolences Silverhawk. My family will likely be more please to see me instead of me doing rounds of MC. What upsets me on top of this is all my FTP's from BFG have been put on the order of do not update. I do not know if I will even start the new one that mods stated was in the works. It has been a pleasure to work with you on most of my FTP's. (I still chuckle at the thought of us bumping into each other by accident. Oh well, great minds think alike).

With everything going on my life, the extra 13 hours of game play (yes folks I did that in 2014) will be used to fix my like and home.

Mamacass14

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 23, 17 2:08 PM
mamacass14 wrote:Thank you for your condolences Silverhawk. My family will likely be more please to see me instead of me doing rounds of MC. What upsets me on top of this is all my FTP's from BFG have been put on the order of do not update. I do not know if I will even start the new one that mods stated was in the works. It has been a pleasure to work with you on most of my FTP's. (I still chuckle at the thought of us bumping into each other by accident. Oh well, great minds think alike).

We will likely bump into each other again. If you decide to try the new FTP whenever it gets announced I'll probably be there too. Depends on what type of game it is and platform it's available on, of course. Can only do PC myself.

Just keep in mind that when these FTP's are launched they may last a few months or several years. You play assuming that. Always expecting the "no longer updated" notices. That's why I left SS nearly a year ago. Saw it coming. Didn't want to waste time and moved on to something else. I went back to SS only long enough to finish the last update and complete the building the castle guide.

Just enjoy them for as long as you can. Always keeping an eye out for the next great thing.

Right now I'm playing ART too. It's no longer updated/supported. So... I'm going to enjoy as much of it as I can. It gives me a break from the castle for about 1 hour a day. Keeps things interesting.

See you around the pond... I know we will meet again

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Dec 23, 17 2:28 PM
Did you try using the system restore function within Windows to see if you could roll back your computer a couple of days and fix it that way?

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 23, 17 2:29 PM
Mamacass, I am so sorry this has been taken from you. The Castle is an investment of time & energy & devotion, & you deserve everything you have worked to achieve. I truly wish I, or more importantly, CS could help.
Please enjoy the holidays with your family, & know you are loved here, too.

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Dec 23, 17 3:15 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:Did you try using the system restore function within Windows to see if you could roll back your computer a couple of days and fix it that way?

Hi mdpetdoc miss your birch in SS. I was forced into windows 10. Do you know how to rollback my computer from that system? I would love to try it. I would rather work on the hints again then start over. Thank you for the suggestion.

Hello DesertDruid, Hope you also have a wonderful holiday with your family. I hope all of MC will be able to get all the way to the Match Girl.

Mamacass14

andmaryl
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by andmaryl on Dec 23, 17 3:16 PM
mamacass14 wrote:Hi Arizona,

Customer service will not be able to help me. One of my friends lost their game last year and they only asked for screen shots of everything. My game was overwritten to player one. I also do not do screen shots as it takes to much of my memory on my computer. I always stated that if this ever happened to me, I would quit the game as it was only the first MC Christmas that gave me the hope to keep going. I do believe Customer Service is only able to help people who are transferring their game to another computer. I do not think they have the capacity to actual look in the cloud to locate the game and all it sundries.

Have fun Arizona.
Mamacass14

Mamacass14,
I have lost my game on several occasions and Customer Service has been able to restore everything - Inventory, achievements, avatars, everything except my friends list. So I hope that you will give them a chance to do the same for you.
Good Luck
Bijou

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Dec 23, 17 9:49 PM
mamacass14 wrote:
mdpetdoc wrote:Did you try using the system restore function within Windows to see if you could roll back your computer a couple of days and fix it that way?

Hi mdpetdoc miss your birch in SS. I was forced into windows 10. Do you know how to rollback my computer from that system? I would love to try it. I would rather work on the hints again then start over. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mamacass14

It is very strange to have stopped SS but I am having fun in the castle.

I've sent a PM.

1blazer1
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by 1blazer1 on Dec 24, 17 1:28 PM
Mamacass14, I am so, so sorry this has happened to you. I would be devastated, too. Such an awful thing to happen anytime, let alone now. I will miss you.

All the best.

DeeDee

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Apr 1, 18 6:34 PM
UPDATE:

I thought this would be the best way to get the news out, but I have more bad news. Just when Tip was making headway with CS and about to get her game back in time to work on the Spring Event...her computer crashed. She doesn't know yet if it is repairable, and if it isn't, she won't be able to replace it at this time. We are both figuring that if it is repairable, it will come back to her wiped clean with Windows re-installed, not just having lost MC, but her other games as well. So, she will either be back...or she won't. I will continue to update when I know more.

Linet

Go to: