bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

The Heritage has been escalated

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 22, 10 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that we are aware of the issue in the first chapter with the locket and are doing our best to get it corrected. Thank you for your reports in the forums. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused.

Thank you again for your patience,

bfgTigris

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 1:48:29 PM PST

niagru
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:The Heritage has been escalated

[Post New]by niagru on May 22, 10 2:17 PM
It's all good. Software is a hard thing to get bugs out of sometimes and I have enjoyed myself at big fish games. I just became a one year anniversary fishie on May 11 and despite any gaming problems I have ever had Big Fish Games is the only one I'd pay to belong. And it's hard to make every game work with every system and sometimes bugs do exist no matter what, but I have confidence in the fishies that work hard behind the scenes to provide me with sweet gaming opportunities. Thanks so much!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 22, 10 3:42 PM
Congrats on your anniversary Niagru!

Hope you are here for many more!!

[Post New]by sandangel52 on May 22, 10 7:47 PM
OH ok no problem ! hope its fixed soon looks like a cool game

peascot
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by peascot on May 22, 10 8:02 PM
I have been reading that in Game Manager we will be alerted when all is ok.
Where in Game Manager would i find this alert.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 22, 10 8:05 PM
It will be at the top left above where the Game Titles are. As I recall, some of the text (all of it?) is in red so you'll be sure to notice it.

We have to close our game manager and re-open once the patch is ready, or it won't show up.

peascot
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by peascot on May 22, 10 8:08 PM
Thanks Genkicoll....

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by ojrufee on May 22, 10 8:13 PM
genkicoll wrote:It will be at the top left above where the Game Titles are. As I recall, some of the text (all of it?) is in red so you'll be sure to notice it.

We have to close our game manager and re-open once the patch is ready, or it won't show up.

Oh. Guess it still isn't fixed. I can only get to chap. 2 still. I would have bought this game too.

ruthie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ruthie39 on May 22, 10 8:26 PM
The update did not work for me still going back to Chapter 1. I guess I did not need this game

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 22, 10 9:33 PM
ruthie39 wrote:The update did not work for me still going back to Chapter 1. I guess I did not need this game

I don't think the update is out yet. At least it isn't showing up for me at this point.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 22, 10 9:40 PM
Just a comment about updates.

This will be self-explanatory to some, but if you haven't done updates through the game manager before, you might not realize it. Just because an update shows up in your game manager as being available, it doesn't mean it's already installed. You will still have to download and install the update for it to take effect, and it is ALWAYS a good idea to reboot your system after installing and before trying to play again.

HTH!

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on May 22, 10 9:42 PM
I had an update but didn't work for me either. Keeps going back to the first chapter.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on May 22, 10 9:48 PM

I should learn to come to the forum first before downloading a game.
If I had, I wouldn't have wasted 12 minutes of demo time playing chapter
1 over and over trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

It's 11:42 here in NW Indiana and the game still isn't fixed. I have no
doubt that the BF team will get it fixed.

[Post New]by fluffybearles on May 23, 10 2:44 AM
have updated& reload the game 4 times & still can't get past chapter 1. when i pay for a game i would like it to work.

[Post New]by hortense2000 on May 23, 10 4:34 AM
Have updated, re-booted...still goes back to Chapter 1....although I did get to chapter 2 once, it went back to chapter 1 after that! Have spent almost my whole demo hour, and still can't play this game!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 23, 10 4:38 AM
Picman or a mod will pop in and let us know when the update is working, I'm sure. I'm content to wait for it, for I'd rather play it without glitches.

ruthie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ruthie39 on May 23, 10 6:05 AM
According to my game manager, the update is available, but after uninstalling/reinstalling still does not work.

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on May 23, 10 6:31 AM
Ditto, now I can't even get beyond first scene, at least before I could with any luck get to about chapter 7 on occassion. Like the game so far but this is frustrating to say the least, getting tired of the problem.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on May 23, 10 6:44 AM
I got the update and made it to level ten. then it started me over again. I wish i hadnt bought this one

[Post New]by DJOmega on May 23, 10 7:13 AM
I really liked the game but I have the same trouble as others with it returning to the first chapter after completing the second one. Now I have used half the demo time and am back where I started. Maybe I'll try this later. For now I have uninstalled it.

Go to: