Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Witche's Legacy: Rise of the Ancient here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 24, 17 12:37 AM
A thead for your reviews.

Edited on 12/24/2017 at 9:53:20 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witche's Legacy: Rise of the Ancient here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 24, 17 9:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 24, 17 11:09 AM
I have all the other games in this series, so I obviously enjoy them. However, 1 minute into this game and an annoying loading screen pops up each time you click on something. I won't buy for that reason. In this day and age, why would they do that?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 28, 17 5:01 PM

Sorry About The Crumbs

I seldom rate the Standard Edition version the same star rating, because I'm a die hard fan of Morphing Objects and the Collectibles that are only offered in the Collector's Edition versions. Lowering my rating for this game to 3 stars (from 4 on the CE) is ONLY because I prefer the CE version which has Morphing Objects.

The storyline is decent, and I LOVE the fact that Bertha is a no show, and if I'm being perfectly honest, I'm actually glad Jack was injured and has to leave. (he's not real so I don't think its being insensitive?) Witches' Legacy used to be one of my top 5 favs back in the days of Lynn and Edward, with that adorable little Imp as a helper. I'm really not sure why EleFun Games decided it was time to move on, but in my opinion, that was a huge mistake. If you look at the series listing I have included at the bottom of my review, the average ratings, speak volumes about this abrupt character switch.

The earlier games with Lynn & Edward received average ratings above 4 stars, but once Jack & Anabel with their weaselly friend Bertha arrived, the party was clearly over with average ratings only slightly over the 3 star rating mark! Want more proof? In Rise of the Ancients, Jack briefly makes an appearance, Anabel merely pops in with a portal cameo throughout the game, and Bertha is out doing whatever ferrets do in their spare time, and the Collector's Edition version still received a 4.2 average rating! The proof is in the pudding.

I probably would have given the CE version a 5 star rating, if it weren't for 2 really annoying features. The first feature is more of a dislike, than an annoyance, the fact that after 11 games in the series, the graphics are horrible, and never seem to improve. The graphics are fuzzy, some objects are ill proportioned, and nothing stands out because every scene has shades of blue and hues of green. My final complaint, is with the LOADING scenario, this feature drives me absolutely bonkers! For the life of me, I can't understand why this glitchy problem hasn't been addressed, it's nearly the year 2018! I can't think of a single HOPA game that has to load, in-between each and every scene, and in-between each and every zoom zone. It seems to take an eternity to do it's loading thingy, which in my opinion, takes away from the flow of the game. I can handle a slow transition, but I practically have time to run to the store, come back and bake a batch of Christmas cookies, let them cool off, and dunk them in some milk before.......loading!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 28, 17 7:39 PM
Most of my time in this demo was spent on puzzles...some I could do and some not. It was very frustrating, time consuming, and I am totally exhausted from it. Looking at the walkthrough, there are plenty more, so I will not be buying this one because of it. There are just too many of them for me. It overwhelms game play and story.

The graphics are dark and at times, cloudy, maybe to add to the atmosphere, but it gets tiring looking at the same color scenes all the time. The hos were inferior, with poor graphics and only took a couple of minutes to do, if that....small box hos... finding pictures to match words... and the worst one to me was finding what looked like fabric material designs...it was ridiculous...a no brainer. Compared to all the time puzzles took, I was completely aggravated that the hos were not better.

You also have to mix potions, which I never cared for. There's enough to do in this game without having to do that. I also found confronting monsters a drag and juvenile, but I could handle that fine if there wasn't such an overwhelming presence of mini games consuming my time. Also, an annoyance...and a big one, is the loading scenes. They outnumber everything, even the puzzles. All of this takes the fun and enjoyment out of a game.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 19, 18 7:35 AM
I love this series and this game was a good addition. However, I miss the good old fashioned witches and sorcery. Also, the transitioning between scenes was sooooo slow!

Go to: