Animal cruelty

Animal cruelty

[Post New]by meandmyhunny on May 22, 10 3:41 PM
This game is strictly about animal cruelty...from testing those ''bad omens'' on a monkey, to having to hold the mouth of a pelican open with a stick, to electrocuting a dog to revive it! I am a true animal lover and games such as these desensitize people to animals right to proper treatment. I DON'T CARE THAT ITS A CARTOON.Lately more and more games have animal cruelty .I will stand for those who DO NOT have a voice!
I notified PETA....oh how I can hear you hollering from here-Anne at [email address removed by Moderator]

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 9:11:23 AM PST

Re:Animal cruelty

[Post New]by pigletto on May 22, 10 10:29 PM
Really?

I never got past feeding the owl but if this is what it is about, I won't go further
[u][i]

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on May 22, 10 11:18 PM
better notify the cops when someone plays grand theft auto then
its a game get over it

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on May 22, 10 11:25 PM
tv9725 wrote:better notify the cops when someone plays grand theft auto then
its a game get over it

Exactly! Sometimes I think people are just looking for something to get offended over...Its not worth whining about!

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 11:25:43 PM PST

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 22, 10 11:37 PM
its a game get over it

Actually violent and illegal themes in video games have been the focus of many studies attempting to link them to aggression, bullying etc. especially in teens. I personally don't believe there's any great correlation but I do recognize that the OP has a right to their opinion.

For me I simply wouldn't enjoy a game that made light of something I disapprove of like stealing cars or treating animals badly, so I vote with my wallet.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 23, 10 5:35 AM
Gee....does this mean it's no longer acceptable to see Wile E Coyote be flattened by an anvil, or Daffy duck get his face blown off by Elmer Fudd? Should we have been outraged when Aslan was tortured and killed on the stone tablet? I could name cartoon character after cartoon character that has experienced "animal cruelty".

The OP has a right to their opinion, but some things can just be taken too far.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 23, 10 6:06 AM
each to their own opinions...mine is.. its a game..life throws enough crap at us and playing the games are my release ...not looking in making any issues

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 6:12:56 AM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 23, 10 6:43 AM
I don't get why we need your email address.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on May 23, 10 7:45 AM
I missed the opening post of this thread, but I gather that someone thinks there is animal cruelty in this game. I have one question, Where ? I am an animal lover too, but honestly didn't see any cruelty in this game
Feel free to PM me and let me know.

[Post New]by FroggiePharts on May 23, 10 8:07 AM
Played the game, bought the game, loved the game! However, there were a couple of times when I kinda went...ewwwww...but I realized it was a game, and I also realized that most animals eat other animals, and in fact...so do we! It is not pleasant, but that is the way of life. We don't usually see this, but if you have a cat or dog, what do you think is in that food you feed them? It actually keeps nature in balance. Brutal it sure is.....it I had been the one to create it all.....we would be vegetarians...lol

Not taking sides here, only being realistic.

Enjoy the game...it was one of the best games ever. I stayed till 1:00 AM playing last night, and I want to start it all over again.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 23, 10 8:09 AM
I enjoyed the game, and have just finished it, BUT, silly as it seems (and yes it is only a game), I really didn't like having to repeatedly (SPOILER) force the pirate to jump on the cat's tail to make it screech so I could find the black cats.

And my cat was a bit surprised the first time too!

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on May 23, 10 8:27 AM
Tedder I wasn't talking about you...I meant the person who went totally overboard over a game. I bought the game and finished it and it was one of the best in a while. It's just a game...it's not like the ppl that made it went out and test the potions out on a real monkey. I just think the person who started this post is a silly busybody with nothing to do.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 23, 10 8:48 AM
kamenye wrote:Tedder I wasn't talking about you...I meant the person who went totally overboard over a game. I bought the game and finished it and it was one of the best in a while. It's just a game...it's not like the ppl that made it went out and test the potions out on a real monkey. I just think the person who started this post is a silly busybody with nothing to do.

All my comments where also to the person who started this thread...just so happen your post got in front of mine..so I know you where not talking about me ..all good...

And if one has a conviction ...stand by it ...no matter what...

Happy gaming all

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 9:28:09 AM PST

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 23, 10 9:04 AM

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 23, 10 9:19 AM
Hey Folks,

Everyone is free to respectfully share their opinions in these forums. When disagreements arise, sometimes passionate opinions can turn into arguments, so we just ask that you please respond to the subject matter and not the individual user when you disagree with someone's opinion, and please avoid name calling. Just as a side note, we do need to remove personal information such as email addresses, or identifying information like last names from people's posts because this forum is completely and entirely public.

Thanks everyone for understanding and please remember that this is a game forum meant for the discussion of Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates. What did everyone think of the game?

Happy gaming everyone!

-bfgZambezi

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 23, 10 9:26 AM
Happy with that

PlumPuddin
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by PlumPuddin on May 23, 10 11:06 AM
Everyone certainly does take things differently. I own the complete set of Dexter, the serial killer. I always love it when he gets away, and can't wait for the following week.

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Animal cruelty

[Post New]by Ivonova on May 23, 10 11:10 AM
meandmyhunny wrote:This game is strictly about animal cruelty...from testing those ''bad omens'' on a monkey, to having to hold the mouth of a pelican open with a stick, to electrocuting a dog to revive it! I am a true animal lover and games such as these desensitize people to animals right to proper treatment. I DON'T CARE THAT ITS A CARTOON.Lately more and more games have animal cruelty .I will stand for those who DO NOT have a voice!
I notified PETA....oh how I can hear you hollering from here-Anne at [email address removed by Moderator]

Oh dear!! She notified PETA!! They'll come in, collect the animals and euthanize 95% of them!! That little fact was one of those, let's hide it on page three in tiny print goodies. Yup, "We're not set up as a no-kill shelter. We have to do the best we can." Hmmmm, maybe take some of those millions spent on salaries, cars, Movie star commercials and plow it into the shelters that they want us to support? Sorry, for the rant, but PETA is a particular peeve of mine. The game is funny and entertaining and in this day and age, we need all of that we can get.

Ivonova
Time for an attitude check. Disgusted

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on May 23, 10 11:44 AM
Ivonova, right on with this: "She notified PETA!! They'll come in, collect the animals and euthanize 95% of them!! That little fact was one of those, let's hide it on page three in tiny print goodies. Yup, "We're not set up as a no-kill shelter. We have to do the best we can." Remember the scandal when they were found to be picking up pets from people who couldn't care for them anymore, promising to shelter and re-home them, and killing 'em before they were out of the driveway, then tossing their bodies in trash cans?

As for electrocuting dogs to revive them--well, we do the same thing for humans. They take out those paddles and try to shove enough electricity in to shock and restart the heart into a good rhythm to support further work.

I'm an animal lover, SPCA supporter, have not only chosen rescue dogs but a starved rescue horse as well. No, I didn't "like" feeding the mice to the owl, but then again--that's reality out there. Real life involves a chain of carnivores. One way to get rid of rats and mice--especially if you live in the country with barns--is to have cats. Is that cruelty? I don't think so!

I haven't bought this game yet, but so far I think it's hilarious. Pirates, BTW, aren't well known for being kind or gentle to humans or anyone else, so even the theme of the game sets the tone for things that don't fit into a parlor tea party.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on May 23, 10 12:20 PM
its a game get over it

LMAO!

Go to: