sct1968
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Hope you like to read a lot of dialogue,

[Post New]by sct1968 on May 23, 10 12:48 AM
i'm 18 minutes into thr game and finding it annoying to have to read so much.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Hope you like to read a lot of dialogue,

[Post New]by bribling on May 23, 10 12:58 AM
The graphics are beautiful but I have mostly quit playing Adventure games. Too much dialogue and not enough action. I get no enjoyment out of questioning suspects and/or witnesses, etc.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 23, 10 1:07 AM
Dont think I'll bother with this one...Im not into all the reading stuff games..

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on May 23, 10 1:45 AM
Hi, yes diologue can be annoying (BUT informative!) & if you want to hurry things along just use the "help" tab & it will explain how to skip the "chatter" if you feel the need.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on May 23, 10 4:49 AM
There's not that much dialogue lol, a few sentences asking questions now and again!

catpang888
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by catpang888 on May 23, 10 6:43 AM
Too much dialogue is ok for me but is better for the characters to speak it out instead for me to read words by words, it takes me about 15mins to read the conversations and I got only an hour for the demo.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 23, 10 8:02 AM
I see where some are NOT happy with the dialogue!

OK, then why go to movies or watch TV?

When you have a story it MUST have words...Which I agree, I would rather have them talking me NOT reading them.
She has to ask questions to carry out the investigation.

I really like this game, for I never have liked adv. games. Because I always get lost or get upset having to go around & around then finding out i left something out.

Happy Gaming
PEN

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 24, 10 10:00 AM
I agree there should be dialogue. It is after all a story. That's what we like about adventure games. My only hesitation on this one would be not hearing their voices. Nice graphics, good story and voices, I think those things are a must. That's my opinion.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 24, 10 10:33 AM
HELLO Penrose. If you are new to adventure games and are liking HOTEL, you should try The Legend of Crystal Valley.. It is by the same developers and about the same level of difficulty. That one is more of a fantasy though, but a lot of fun. Personally I like all the dialog (written or sound) since that is just the nature of an adventure game.

Go to: