bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 23, 10 2:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by strilf on May 23, 10 2:52 AM
The game will not start. I click on new game, and straight away it takes me back to the game manager with a minute of my demo time.
I noticed another fishie had the same problem as well.

Any suggestions?

/strilf, over and out.

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on May 23, 10 3:17 AM
Starting the game from a shortcut gives me nothing except the number of minutes left screen.

Starting the game - from the game manager - gives an error: "see the .... hotel.exe.log for details" The log says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "exe.py", line 2, in <module>
File "src\init.pyc", line 1, in <module>
File "src\project.pyc", line 3, in <module>
File "ogre\renderer\OGRE\__init__.pyc", line 8, in <module>
File "os.pyc", line 433, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'PATH'

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on May 23, 10 3:40 AM
Ooops. A really big oops. When the demo time ended, the game did not save my progress. So I had to go back and start all over.

The game instructions need to be clear that it won't automatically save at the end of the demo.

Also, the starting screen, with the tropical trees, was grainy and way too sparkly--just about headache-making.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 3:47 AM
game will auto-save every 10 minutes. Also, it will auto-save when you exit the game using "Exit to Main Menu" or "Exit the game".

a tip: you should manually save every now and then. you can use the F2 key on your keyboard for "quick-save"

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on May 23, 10 3:49 AM
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for writing back. The problem is that BFG automatically ends the demo after 60 minutes. When that happened, I bought the game, but when I restarted I did not have the option of resuming or loading a game. I had to start a new game.

[Post New]by chrsb70 on May 23, 10 4:32 AM
When talking to the sister in the Templar Cemetery, I got a "not found" error, and was unable to do anything beyond that. The options on the bottom of the screen are gone, and no Fkeys work to get menus.

I had to to force quit the game through task manager in order to exit.

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on May 23, 10 4:39 AM
same as chrsb70 there!!!!!!!!!! Very frustrating

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 5:36 AM
hey everyone!
we apologize for any inconvenience! we'll do our best to correct this asap.!

meantime, you can continue playing if you press "space" key on your keyboard. so, when "not found" is displayed, and everything disappears from the screen, just press Space and the game will resume like nothing happened.

moonfire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moonfire69 on May 23, 10 5:37 AM
I have installed, re-installed twice. The game froze at the fountain both times. I did updates, etc. So I lost 15 min game play. No go till problems have been fixed.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on May 23, 10 6:48 AM
When I click on new game, it takes me to load, then kicks me back out to game manager. Have uninstalled, will reinstall. If that doesn't work, another no buy for me. Since Legend of Crystal Valley had issues, I'm not surprised this one does.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 23, 10 6:57 AM
I'm not sure if this is a tech issue or just me being stupid. Chances are, it's not a tech issue.

When I try to get into the detective's room, it's locked. When I go back to the key cabinet, I can't grab the key, if the key is actually there (I can't really tell.) I can't find it anywhere else, though, so if it is a "me being stupid" issue, could someone please post "keep looking, stupid" and I'll go back to figuring it out.

Thanks!

Great - it would be a post like this that took me from Lobster status to Guppy!!!

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 6:57:54 AM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 7:05 AM
in key cabinet just click the Hint button. it will tell you if the key is there. and it should be there if you don't have it in your inventory.

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on May 23, 10 7:07 AM
kelvy0303 wrote:When I click on new game, it takes me to load, then kicks me back out to game manager. Have uninstalled, will reinstall. If that doesn't work, another no buy for me. Since Legend of Crystal Valley had issues, I'm not surprised this one does.

I was beginning to think that I was the only one that had this problem.
Thing is! Every time a game comes out from these same people, it does this exact same thing.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 23, 10 7:16 AM
ivanbral wrote:in key cabinet just click the Hint button. it will tell you if the key is there. and it should be there if you don't have it in your inventory.

Thanks - it was there, I just had to repeatedly click all over the box before it realized I wanted to take it, not just admire it.

Edit: I figured it out. The rondom clicking I did accidently clicked on the hand. Not being a great one for reading instructions, I didn't realize that when it shows both a hand and a magnifying glass, I need to choose which one I want to do. As I said before, "me being stupid."

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 7:23:06 AM PST

lizac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lizac on May 23, 10 7:31 AM
Game went straight to buy it from install. I did not get my free trial.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 7:35 AM
lizac wrote:Game went straight to buy it from install. I did not get my free trial.

you should contact big fish support about this.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 23, 10 7:39 AM
Pepper010 wrote:.

Also, the starting screen, with the tropical trees, was grainy and way too sparkly--just about headache-making.

That may be your video card trying to keep up with the graphics in the cut scene. I didn't have the problem at the scene you mentioned, but when I got into the basement there is another cut scene, and I saw exactly what you meant, but mine wasn't too serious.

My desktop is a year and a half old, ancient in the computing world, so I'm pretty sure my graphics card needs updating.

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on May 23, 10 7:59 AM
@SoozUSA: That's a very weird bug; Can you tell me which Operative System are you using (XP, Vista or Windows 7?, 32bit or 64bit verlsion?);

msilva731
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

No Cut Scenes & Fatal Exception Err Msg

[Post New]by msilva731 on May 23, 10 7:59 AM
Cut scenes are just horizontal lines, which if I hit the space bar will just bypass and open the menu screen. After the door was opened and approached the fountain I got exception err msg.

Checked to ensure comp all upto date; even reinstalled flash/shockwave software, ran dxdiag-no problems found, uninstalled and reinstalled game. Still get the same issues.

Don't see anyone else having "these" issues. Any suggestions?

Go to: