Guide for this game

Guide for this game

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on May 23, 10 9:45 AM
Hi all,
There is a guide for this game on the game, but it is not very helpful. It gives a general hint. If you are stuck finding a certain item, it will not tell you where it is. It took me 4 hours to find one small item. This game is a tad frustrating because it doesn't seem to follow any set guide. I kind of seems to ramble through. It is enjoyable, and not at all easy. Wow, did that seem as disjointed as the game?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Guide for this game

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 23, 10 9:53 AM
After I finished the game I went through it. It does tell you how to obtain all of the cards, and how to obtain all of the objects you need to get to all of the cards and solve all the puzzles. I didn't do an in-depth review of the guide so I shouldn't comment on what it does or doesn't contain. It was wrong of me to make a any such comment before when I did not use the guide during game play but only looked at it afterward.

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 7:12:47 AM PST

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on May 23, 10 10:08 AM
Agreed, but the hint button doesn't help for some specific things, it will just point to the area you need to get an item for! Ha ha ha

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 23, 10 10:18 AM
I know...I noticed when I was playing around after I finished that it would point me toward a door to another room or a puzzle that was already solved...or the screen would say - "I think I'm finished in here".

blood123
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by blood123 on May 24, 10 9:30 AM
yes,does anybody have the answer to the lights puzzle in the garage,much appreciated,i can see already see this game is going to be a challenge,thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 25, 10 11:44 PM
blood123 wrote:yes,does anybody have the answer to the lights puzzle in the garage,much appreciated,i can see already see this game is going to be a challenge,thanks

Hi Blood 123! Welcome to the forums!

The solution to the fuse box/lights puzzle in the garage is in the strategy guide along with the solutions to ALL puzzles in the game.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Guide for this game

[Post New]by prpldva on May 25, 10 11:48 PM
Lordshandmaiden wrote:Hi all,
There is a guide for this game on the game, but it is not very helpful. It gives a general hint. If you are stuck finding a certain item, it will not tell you where it is. It took me 4 hours to find one small item. This game is a tad frustrating because it doesn't seem to follow any set guide. I kind of seems to ramble through. It is enjoyable, and not at all easy. Wow, did that seem as disjointed as the game?

Sorry you had trouble with the game.

All inventory items and where to use them are marked in the strategy guide.

Hidden objects are normally not marked in strategy guides as they are random and hints are unlimited.

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on May 26, 10 8:54 AM
I have spent 30 minutes trying to go from the victim's apt to room 909. According to other stuff I've read that is where I go next and open the door with the keys. It doesn't let me do that. It says I am finished in the victim's apt but I can't go anywhere out of the hallway. Very frustrating. The hint button is useless. I'm sure not going to pay money for this if I can't get past the first room.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 26, 10 4:56 PM
mavethrave wrote:I have spent 30 minutes trying to go from the victim's apt to room 909. According to other stuff I've read that is where I go next and open the door with the keys. It doesn't let me do that. It says I am finished in the victim's apt but I can't go anywhere out of the hallway. Very frustrating. The hint button is useless. I'm sure not going to pay money for this if I can't get past the first room.

Hi mavethrave! Welcome to the forums~

Room 909 is closer to the elevator. While in the hallway, move your cursor down until you see the down arrow, then click. the room will be on the right.

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on May 27, 10 6:47 AM
Thank you but I don't get the down arrow.

mavethrave
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mavethrave on May 27, 10 6:55 AM
Just tried again and I do not get the down arrow and I can't go any further so I'm going to uninstall the game. A bit disappointed because I think I would have liked this game. Just glad I didn't buy it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 27, 10 8:04 AM
mavethrave wrote:Just tried again and I do not get the down arrow and I can't go any further so I'm going to uninstall the game. A bit disappointed because I think I would have liked this game. Just glad I didn't buy it.

then there is an issue with your installation. Have you tried re-installing? You may need to contact tech support.

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on May 27, 10 10:56 AM
First time I have purchased this type of game...little slow...some times it pauses for about 5 mins......leave it for a day - get it the next day...this time I am really stuck.....Iam at the page with the four light sockets...now the pipe is vibrating noisy thing....hint keeps going tothe bottom right corner light socket??????? now where do I go?
magi

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 27, 10 12:05 PM
ermajackson121 wrote:First time I have purchased this type of game...little slow...some times it pauses for about 5 mins......leave it for a day - get it the next day...this time I am really stuck.....Iam at the page with the four light sockets...now the pipe is vibrating noisy thing....hint keeps going tothe bottom right corner light socket??????? now where do I go?
magi

There is a lighthouse card to find as well as a puzzle to solve. Move the light bulb around to find the card, then continue moving to find all the pieces.

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on May 28, 10 12:05 AM
thanks prplda...I applied what you said...still could not find the card....any m9ore hints you can tell me? if the card is in the bottom right hand corner...it is hidden well....HELP.....want to play some more....thanks again......and there is no walk through ugh grrrrrrr ha ha ha magi

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 28, 10 12:06 AM
ermajackson121 wrote:thanks prplda...I applied what you said...still could not find the card....any m9ore hints you can tell me? if the card is in the bottom right hand corner...it is hidden well....HELP.....want to play some more....thanks again......and there is no walk through ugh grrrrrrr ha ha ha magi

There is a walkthough-- go to the extras menus and look at the strategy guide......

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on May 28, 10 6:45 AM
textrekkie wrote: The first thing I noticed was that you have to exit game play to use it. I guess they figured the hint button would do the rest.

Yeah! Whose brainchild was this?? It is a pain to have to exit the game if you need help. Also, the hint button really doesn't help if it doesn't work. LOL
I guess we have to learn to "suck it up" and become our own strategy guides...good luck with that for me!

Guide for this game

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on May 28, 10 6:47 AM
prpldva wrote:Hidden objects are normally not marked in strategy guides as they are random and hints are unlimited.

Yes, but having unlimited hints that tell you that you are finished with this part, when you are not, doesn't help.

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on May 28, 10 7:01 AM
Sorry PRPLDVA the guide does not have everything you need to play the game! I agree with everyone else about the guide: First that you have to exit the game to use it, Then it is vague and does not give the answers to such things as the puzzles like where to find the car key or the vise handle.
(By the way if anyone can help me with those two problems I would sure appreciate it.)I paid 20 plus dollars for the Special Collectors Edition and feel that was a lot to spend for a stratagy guide as unhelpful as this. A hint button that dosn't work and a game as frustrating as it is.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 28, 10 7:20 AM
Concerning the game guide, I modified my post above please make note of it.

Go to: