Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

When too difficult spoils a game

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on May 23, 10 10:12 AM
I played Trial of the Gods, Adrianes Fate and although it was difficult timed, it was not ridiculous.

I had to change to an untimed game and even with that, I am finding the second group, levels 1 and on to be not worth playing.

I am an experienced Match 3 player - certainly not a rookie, but when I play my games I do so for enjoyment not for frustration.

I can not recommend this game to anyone.

Diane

Re:When too difficult spoils a game

[Post New]by nannyreid on May 23, 10 8:50 PM
i would have to agree with diane...it is getting to the point where this game is frustrating and not enjoyable. level 24 does not give enough time...i too love the match 3 games...but this is ridiculous!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 24, 10 6:45 PM
I am on board with you guys, got to the goats and started tearing my hair out. I ,too, play to relax not scream. I think games should only become this challenging in the last levels. But I will probably picking away on it every once and while when I am feeling over confident. It is not impossible, but takes too much luck to make it fun.
Too bad the game was really fun the first half.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 24, 10 6:59 PM
Hey guys are you using the powerups? I just realized through another post here that I has completely over looked them! Makes a Big difference.

[Post New]by nannyreid on May 25, 10 10:19 AM
what other post....powerups i am using...help...thank feykina for you help...

offibanex
Clownfish
Clownfish
729 Posts

[Post New]by offibanex on May 25, 10 12:06 PM
Not agree. Game is fun and not that difficult. Powerups are really helpers for the harder levels. Why are so many having problems with the goats level ? Its not that hard just follow the yellow road ( ). And after all there is that untimed option.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 27, 10 9:27 AM
There are powerups?? I'm at level 28, just get on at times and pick away.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 30, 10 2:57 AM
Hi Fishies, I just got done playing both timed and untimed and found the goat level to be my favorite one. This game wasn't too challenging for me, I thought it was perfect and the different challenges this game had made this M3 game, unique. I apologize those fishies that are having so many problems, I have to admit that I have played much harder M3 games, Caribbean Hideaway was very challenging, I finished that one as well. If you are a M3 fan and love a slight challenge, I would definately recommend it. Not too hard and not too easy, great game.
Thanks, Big Fish

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 3:05:31 AM PST

[Post New]by msymphony22 on May 30, 10 2:30 PM
I enjoy this game but I am having troule getting past the feeding the straw to the goats - I never have enough time. Does anyone know how to get past this stage

Roger23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Roger23 on Jun 1, 10 7:08 AM
msymphony22 wrote:I enjoy this game but I am having troule getting past the feeding the straw to the goats - I never have enough time. Does anyone know how to get past this stage

Try using power-ups from the left panel.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jun 8, 10 5:25 PM
I'm surprised that people found the goat levels hard. For me it was the man hold ones. The man hole cover ones just about spoiled the game.The goat ones were just boring for me.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Jul 27, 10 7:30 AM
I agree somewhat, on lvl 48, there is proly enough time my problem is i get 1 key and 10 locks to start and the key is nowhere near the locks. about ready to give up.

jmf1939
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jmf1939 on Jul 29, 10 8:05 PM
I agree I have hit a stone wall with the oil cans I have reached a level and just cannot get past it It is very frustrating I would not suggest this game to any one

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Aug 4, 10 2:26 PM
A lot depends on the skill of the programmers, I think. A good programmer will make sure there is always a move you can make, and if they are really clever they will feed you the right pieces to achieve what you need - though you may have to watch out for it!

One of the folks above saw 1 key and 10 locks: I think I remember that once you do the first lock, keys multiply all over the place, so there are plenty to go round.

The ones where you have to slide from one column to the next - don't give up, just drop the special piece off the bottom and it will be restored at the top. Occasionally it comes back in totally the wrong place: just drop it down again and it should be back in its original position next time. Can't say about timed mode: in untimed it just needs a bit of patience. I'm 69 and don't have the reaction time of these youngsters!

In follow-the-path levels, the jewel pieces are really useful, since they can move in any direction.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 4, 10 2:32 PM
I finished this game a while ago in untimed mode and didn't find it hard at all. It is a quality game and relaxing too. There are lots of power ups to use if you are having trouble .

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Aug 18, 10 6:09 PM
Just like the other game by these people, TotG:A'sFate, the game is not well done. The levels when you have to get items to the bottom take forever!! I wouldn't recommend either game to anyone, especially folks that like Match 3 games.

Go to: