luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Linear Game?

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 23, 10 11:14 AM
After I left bedroom, went straight to basement and saw "ghost" (I'm a skeptic ). I went to walkthrough and saw that I missed talking to Matisse
and fixing fax machine. Cannot find him next to sofa, I cannot p/u boxes
on the bridge. I've smashed barrel and sent pic. Now what??

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Linear Game?

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 23, 10 11:15 AM
Oh I also discovered if you double click while she's walking, you'll get her to next destination alot quicker.

[Post New]by Robert87 on May 23, 10 11:17 AM
Hi luvtoread,
I did that as well and following the walkthrough was able to go further and i have reached when Matisse explained the case before my demo ran out, so i'm not sure if it matters.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Linear Game?

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 23, 10 11:38 AM
luvtoread wrote:After I left bedroom, went straight to basement and saw "ghost" (I'm a skeptic ). I went to walkthrough and saw that I missed talking to Matisse
and fixing fax machine. Cannot find him next to sofa, I cannot p/u boxes
on the bridge. I've smashed barrel and sent pic. Now what??
It is not strictly linear. I also went to the basement before talking to Matisse. You can talk to Matisse in the lobby after you set off the fire alarm. But you must talk to him before you can get the fax paper.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 11:40:25 AM PST

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 23, 10 12:02 PM
In most adventure games you do not have to do things in the exact order unless it affects game play. (Like lighting a fire before you pick up matches.) Usually the game will not let you leave room or scene if there is something important to do before you can move on. Otherwise you are given a lot of leeway on order of tasks and places to visit. That's why they are called "adventure" games. LOL

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 23, 10 2:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I did a few things and now demo has run out-still no fax, so I'll have to buy the game to see what happens

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 10 2:31 PM
and that's ok because it's good...

i kept wondering if i was supposed to go to bed at some point and how much time did i have to do everything?? but when i got to the point in the game that i had done all i needed to, it told me good night and then it was the next day!

glad thing i learned about that F2 quick save in the forums, because i am very much in favor of saving and saving often - i've lost too much info in games when i've gone back and done it over just to leave something out!

happy gaming

[Post New]by bbruin on May 23, 10 5:51 PM
It is not linear......as with others if you go to the basement first
do other things, you can move forward in the game without ever
talking to Mattiese or getting the fax info and as you do, access to the
bridge is disallowed.anymore.

Go to: