MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Freezes after talking to Theresa

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on May 23, 10 12:48 PM
Ok so my game seems to be freezing after I talk to Thresa. First time I had to log off to get out of the screen, Went back to try again, took me back to the blocked passage. Ok no problem, played that scene again, once again came to Theresa and did the same thing.
She's told me about the "Wisdom" thing in the church, where I assume I have to go, but I can't move, exausted all conversation, I think I see the object I'm supposed to pick up, but can't even do that. Am I missing something? Please any advice is welcome.

Nevremind, when I went back into it after posting this stupid thing is working. Inventory bar and all

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 12:50:46 PM PST

Re:Freezes after talking to Theresa

[Post New]by ejgreen on May 23, 10 1:35 PM
The same thing is happening to me! I actually just skipped the conversation and got to the Arthur part, but now I am stuck again. Do I have to have a conversation with her to get to the Love stage?

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on May 23, 10 1:52 PM
No. Exit the church and then take the path to the right, the little side path by where you went to the rear of the church. Veronica should be there, you have to talk to her.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on May 23, 10 1:54 PM
Same thing happening to me, I hope I can get out of it.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 23, 10 1:58 PM
When you have the first dialogue with Theresa you will need to go all the way to the end of all of the conversation. Her last comment will say (not found), then hit Next in the conversation prompt. Your menu items at the lower right will disappear. Then hit the SPACE BAR and the menu items will come back. Then you should be able to walk back to the graveyard on the left and see Verinica's ghost. She will help you get to the Love task.

Veronica will not be there until you have gone all the way to the end of all of the conversation with Theresa and hit the Space Bar.

If you go to see King Arthur, you can come back and finish the conversation with Theresa after you see him.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 2:02:42 PM PST

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on May 23, 10 2:00 PM
Thanks LizzieK. Wish I knew that before . I did get to finish the game though, and it was good

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on May 23, 10 2:42 PM
I wish I had read this Lizzie K before I uninstalled and reinstalled my game. I lost all my progress and now have to practically have to start over, I need the hammer.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on May 23, 10 3:54 PM
Thanks Lizzie, I too had to alt/control/delete twice, till I saw your post. Now I am at the last puzzle and trying to blow the boiler up.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 23, 10 4:52 PM
It is unfortunate that the game was released with this glitch. I know the game developer posted earlier today that they did extensive testing on the game. They created a great game but it seems that all they had to do was test play the game once all the way through and they would have seen this glitch. It is not something that you can get past without noticing it. How could they miss it in their testing. Every game player who has purchased the game has been stopped by it.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 11:33 PM
LizzieK wrote:It is unfortunate that the game was released with this glitch. I know the game developer posted earlier today that they did extensive testing on the game. They created a great game but it seems that all they had to do was test play the game once all the way through and they would have seen this glitch. It is not something that you can get past without noticing it. How could they miss it in their testing. Every game player who has purchased the game has been stopped by it.

it was easy to miss it actually
this bug came out of nowhere! last build that was on QA went well, and after that no one was paying attention on Theresa any longer. something went wrong obviously, and the build that was released had a glitch.
even after I saw you're problem here on BFG forum, I played that part by myself (using spacebar to skip the dialog) and I didn't noticed the bug right away. that was strange! so I played it again, and I final saw it!
Sometimes when you look at the same things for months, you just stop noticing even the obvious things. We're on it now!

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on May 24, 10 12:05 AM
This happened to me too, however, I just clicked my spacebar on my keyboard, and that brought up the menu, I then clicked the menu, saved the game at that point, and then was able to continue.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on May 24, 10 1:34 AM
It happened to me, too, but I just played on without any problems (actually played through that part twice and it always worked...).

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on May 24, 10 6:45 AM

Has it been fixed? Should people uninstall and reinstall the game to avoid this issue?

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 6:45:29 AM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 24, 10 5:24 PM
Hey Fishies!

The new version of Hotel is now available and should fix the crashes that have been reported with this game. Click here for more information.

We apologize for the inconvenience and once again want to thank everyone for your patience.

-bfgZambezi

Go to: